Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
emtwenty wrote:
Not a Phillips fan

philips wins taps - more than Kruezer

Kreuzer - 25 hitouts
Phillips - 18

next

Most of Phillip's hit outs (during round 1 & 2) have gone directly to the opposition

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

ColourMan wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
emtwenty wrote:
Not a Phillips fan

Kreuzer - 25 hitouts
Phillips - 18

next

Most of Phillip's hit outs (during round 1 & 2) have gone directly to the opposition

yes that may be a possibility but from sheer leap he kills kruezer -

its phillips 2nd game - give him time and space to grow and work with the new midfield

kruezer has had 10 years :donk:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

ColourMan wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
emtwenty wrote:
Not a Phillips fan

Kreuzer - 25 hitouts
Phillips - 18

next

Yup, but all of this said he's better senior depth than Wood or Warnock, and he's probably only on a 2 year contract so I think it's an OK list management position as we look to acquire or draft better ruck talent (assuming we don't turn Casboult into our second ruck).

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

jimmae wrote:
Glad to see everyone's coming around re: Phillips and Lamb.

I've got more time for Lamb than I do for Phillips though, just not right now because he's a high half-forward type and we have developing players who will do more for us there until they're ready for other roles (C.Curnow, Boekhorst, Buckley).

Byrne must feel like Buckley did this time last year.

There's a reason GWS were anxious to do the trade with us... they had players who were contracted, weren't wanted, and were never going to play again for the GWS (at least 3 out of the 4)!

A salary dump, we took the contracts they didn't want (and couldn't otherwise get rid of), and provided the roster spots they desperately needed... and we obliged like idiots, and saved their bacon!

GWS killed that trade!!

And we still didn't pickup the player we really wanted!

Amateur hour!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

jimmae wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
emtwenty wrote:
Not a Phillips fan

Kreuzer - 25 hitouts
Phillips - 18

next

Yup, but all of this said he's better senior depth than Wood or Warnock, and he's probably only on a 2 year contract so I think it's an OK list management position as we look to acquire or draft better ruck talent (assuming we don't turn Casboult into our second ruck).

GWS let Phillips go and brought in Dawson Simpson...

Geelong gave up picks 49 & 53 for Zac Smith

Zac Smith is around 14 months older than Phillips...

Still OK list management?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

ColourMan wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Glad to see everyone's coming around re: Phillips and Lamb.

I've got more time for Lamb than I do for Phillips though, just not right now because he's a high half-forward type and we have developing players who will do more for us there until they're ready for other roles (C.Curnow, Boekhorst, Buckley).

Byrne must feel like Buckley did this time last year.

There's a reason GWS were anxious to do the trade with us... they had players who were contracted, weren't wanted, and were never going to play again for the GWS (at least 3 out of the 4)!

A salary dump, we took the contracts they didn't want (and couldn't otherwise get rid of), and provided the roster spots they desperately needed... and we obliged like idiots, and saved their bacon!

GWS killed that trade!!

And we still didn't pickup the player we really wanted!

Amateur hour!!

Plowman is the player we really wanted out of that trade.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

64 games to go.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Let's wait until we see what sumner and Plowman are like before we get hysterical after 2 Games
Thought Phillips had a shocker but was ok last week and lamb without being brilliant was serviceable in both games
Both need more time to settle in a new team in any case
Let's see at the end of the year where we are in the trade and even then it may be probably is too early to tell

Not that I would do it yet but do you think we are in front with Kerridge trade and for that matter is Richmond in front with Yarran trade
Way too early to call any of last years trades

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Kerridge's disposal worries me a little but he gives his all, plays the team game and gets it enough to hurt the opposition. Hopefully will iron out the little turnovers and he'll be a win. Not sure about Wright or Lamb but always felt they where fill ins for 12 months.
I still feel Phillips, Sumner & Plowman will also be big wins.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Bolta would be happy, watched 2 games this season and already I am starting to feel comfortable being uncomfortable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:
Kerridge's disposal worries me a little but he gives his all, plays the team game and gets it enough to hurt the opposition. Hopefully will iron out the little turnovers and he'll be a win. Not sure about Wright or Lamb but always felt they where fill ins for 12 months.

None of those players is the problem. The problem sits on the shoulders of the senior players who should be at their absolute peak now.
Gibbs can play footy but he drifts in and out of games.
Kreuzer has never been what we thought he would be and never will be.
Murphy got beaten on the night but has shown he is ready to do his stuff. Not worried about him but he did lower his colours.
Casboult's biggest asset is his contested marking but he doesn't take enough of them.
Everitt is a skilled player who only turn up when it suits him
Rowe is a good honest footballer who is probably lucky our talls from the past few drafts never played football for whatever reason.
Thomas has not played enough footy for us over his time here but at least last night he had a good crack at it and will be better for the run and his leadership will help.
Jamo and Simpson are at the end of their careers. Simpson's disposal has never been good. His g&d are unquestioned and he has been a great servant of the club but if the coach is going to tell the boys to play high risk footy, Simmo is not the best person out of half back crossing into the corridor.
Touhy has elite kicking skills and is fast and brave but to me, he is wasted in the bp. He should be providing the sort of midfield grunt we saw from Jack & co last night.

Our forward entries are not clinical and we are not spreading the joy. We still have the long kick entry as though we have someone at ff who will mark it 50% of the time. By contrast, we have been well beaten several times this year in transition and also with patient, short kicks to a lead up forward. They took an enormous number of uncontested marks in the F50 last night.

I am not bitching about the loss. We were clinically torn apart last night by the best midfield in the comp serving it up to the best player in the comp and a pretty decent support act. We will not beat Sydney for some time yet. We need mids and more mids. I wanted Nyuon in last year's draft. He has a great leap and will be good. Phillips needs to improve a lot.

It will be a long year but I am confident the coach will be as clinical dissecting our list as Sydney was last night. We know the rebuild will take a few years. This is week two of year one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:16 am 
Harry Vallence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQwkywPh3OM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:37 am 
Rod McGregor

When will the powers that be pick 2ey in the midfield....He doesn't mind getting stuck in, can get the ball & can really kick the bloody thing....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 am 
John Nicholls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

None of those players is the problem. The problem sits on the shoulders of the senior players who should be at their absolute peak now.
Gibbs can play footy but he drifts in and out of games.
Kreuzer has never been what we thought he would be and never will be.
Murphy got beaten on the night but has shown he is ready to do his stuff. Not worried about him but he did lower his colours.
Casboult's biggest asset is his contested marking but he doesn't take enough of them.
Everitt is a skilled player who only turn up when it suits him
Rowe is a good honest footballer who is probably lucky our talls from the past few drafts never played football for whatever reason.
Thomas has not played enough footy for us over his time here but at least last night he had a good crack at it and will be better for the run and his leadership will help.
Jamo and Simpson are at the end of their careers. Simpson's disposal has never been good. His g&d are unquestioned and he has been a great servant of the club but if the coach is going to tell the boys to play high risk footy, Simmo is not the best person out of half back crossing into the corridor.
Touhy has elite kicking skills and is fast and brave but to me, he is wasted in the bp. He should be providing the sort of midfield grunt we saw from Jack & co last night.

Our forward entries are not clinical and we are not spreading the joy. We still have the long kick entry as though we have someone at ff who will mark it 50% of the time. By contrast, we have been well beaten several times this year in transition and also with patient, short kicks to a lead up forward. They took an enormous number of uncontested marks in the F50 last night.

I am not bitching about the loss. We were clinically torn apart last night by the best midfield in the comp serving it up to the best player in the comp and a pretty decent support act. We will not beat Sydney for some time yet. We need mids and more mids. I wanted Nyuon in last year's draft. He has a great leap and will be good. Phillips needs to improve a lot.

It will be a long year but I am confident the coach will be as clinical dissecting our list as Sydney was last night. We know the rebuild will take a few years. This is week two of year one.

Having watched the players live I agree with you. Yes it is early for the new guys but yes other than Murphy our senior players are not delivering what we need. So many times last night Gibbs chose when to commit to the contest and when to not. An under achieving talent. Both he and Kruezer are not the players we hoped they would be.
Still early in the season and at times I was dismayed at some of the plays but the kids did well. Green sprouts and Bolton is the man to take us forward.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

2ndeffort wrote:
Bolta would be happy, watched 2 games this season and already I am starting to feel comfortable being uncomfortable

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:14 am 
Harry Vallence

The focus on drafting the GWS players will be a bust in my view. Phillips was awful yesterday.

Never a good strategy recruiting multiple players with a lower draft pick. There is a reason why GWS were happy to oblige.

Those players had been in the system for 3 to 4 years and none had much impact

That says something

Let's hope it hasn't set us back another year or so

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:36 am 
Bert Deacon

The worrying thing yesterday is that it was our so called leaders/seniors that were hurting us with their disposal or lack there of. You can't afford to have players getting single digit disposals these days.
Kreuz, Phillips, Jamo, Everitt, Casboult & Rowe all failed to reach that, the days KPP's aren't required to rack up the disposals are gone.
Also our tackling didn't stick, too often the ball dribbled out and it was Swans who took off with it. Wrap it up unless it a teammate waiting for it.
Everitt's 2 games are worrying, he looks disinterested. No run & carry, struggles in the air and barely tackles.

On a positive our kids look the goods, will take a few years though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:11 am 
formerly BlueRob

Unless ruckmen can win possessions around the ground they are a waste of space in the team.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:15 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Kreuzer has to be cooked. He can barely lift off the ground and seems even slower than last season.

Simpson is costing us. Every week his turnovers get worse and worse.

Everett is the absolute worst. I don't care if he ever plays seniors again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:15 am 
Harry Vallence

Pretty much agree with all of that Hibbo. The lack of disposals from our rucks just kills us the way the game is now played. Krooz just looks like a dinosaur lumbering around the ground. If he can't jump, can't at least take a few marks what's the point?

Jeeze I'm sick of us being shit, have been since 2002, I'm sick of being patient as we continue to screw up at the draft. We are losing a generation of supporters. My grandson has Carlton tracksuit pants that he now refuses to wear to school because of the teasing he gets. He's told me he would barrack for Hawthorn if it wasn't for me and his father. Have teenage relations born and bred Carlton supporters who don't go to matches now, they've never known success.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next