Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
Jim are you saying our club makes women uncomfortable but is looking at bankrolling a women's team instead of a recruiter or an extra coach to make women feel comfortable .
But women need their own coterie group to feel comfortable which has been dismembered by the CEO and they're getting anxious because nothing has been replaced for them to become comfortable again?

That's what I'm getting from you right now.. Which bit am I misunderstanding as your messages are confusing Jim

No, that's not what I said at all.

I used to think this was you trying to twist other's words to suit you, now it seems you genuinely don't understand what people are telling you

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

You mean to say that the club has indeed made a study into the women's team and committed to it because ummmm the study told them it's going to have a profound impact into delivering us a flag but I can't know about it.. Even though they send me emails and phone calls to send them money? Membership raffles etc?

And neither can anybody else it's a secret.

Also the study has proven that a stand alone vfl club won't help and neither will no recruiting head? But can't see those reports either?
Jim are you sure there's been a comprehensive independent study on the cost for benefits made or are you guessing again?

A quick Google in the newspapers doesn't tell me why the women of Carlton feel uncomfortable in men's coterie groups at the CFC.

So I'm asking you to show me.. As you're the one who mentioned it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

There were systemic issues that were affecting revenue at the football club. They're clearly being addressed, and as publicly as possible.

More revenue = more investment in our football department, including a stand-alone VFL team

We've been over the recruitment conundrum; they've opted not to put anyone in the position in the interim.

Why on earth should you be able to call up the club and ask for information on future investment opportunities that aren't publicly known? How does that work exactly?

Do you think that helps anyone other than yourself?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

As for finding out more about women's issues, why don't you ask a woman?

Em, BG72, Kezza, Mrs C, anyone else? Your point of view would very much be appreciated.

In the mean time, here's a link for you Synners:

Carlton in Business: seeking women members

Quote:
This is a very public request for women and men to consider joining the new Carlton in Business program. Especially women.

We have our program launch next Friday 15 April at Crown Palladium, 12 to 3pm. Our guest speaker is Daniel Andrews, Premier of Victoria, and the event promises to create great networking opportunities across a diversity of businesses.

As you also probably know Carlton has lots of women supporters including a strong band of female supporters that have made up Women of Carlton.

Carlton is really committed to improving its engagement with women, as employees, as members and as players. I’m delighted to have joined their board and I’ve seen lots of signs showing they mean business, including Rosie Batty speaking at our President’s Lunch this week and Kristy McKellar speaking recently to the whole Club. We want women involved in all our programs.

But here is the thing: we have launched a new Carlton in Business program and we are pleased to have more than 70 new members to that program, but only 1 woman.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

What rights do I have that a woman doesn't have Jim?
Care to tell me?

And why are women being harassed and made to feel uncomfortable at Carlton?
Exactly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm asking about insurances of prejudice and interference against women
What you cut and paste gives no detail

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
What rights do I have that a woman doesn't have Jim?
Care to tell me?

And why are women being harassed and made to feel uncomfortable at Carlton?
Exactly

I don't think anyone's being harassed, and it's not about legal rights per se, it's about culture as you so self-righteously point out about every other issue.

Do you feel there is no problem, or do you think you're not personally part of the problem?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

this womens agenda thing is just pathetic window dressing to disguise the real issue of our club

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
this womens agenda thing is just pathetic window dressing to disguise the real issue of our club

And the women are in on the conspiracy, of course.

Where is your nest, so I can incinerate it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:
There were systemic issues that were affecting revenue at the football club. They're clearly being addressed, and as publicly as possible.

More revenue = more investment in our football department, including a stand-alone VFL team

We've been over the recruitment conundrum; they've opted not to put anyone in the position in the interim.

Why on earth should you be able to call up the club and ask for information on future investment opportunities that aren't publicly known? How does that work exactly?

Do you think that helps anyone other than yourself?

Was there an independent look into the benefits of a woman's Carlton team or not?

Most kids will have chosen a club by the time they're six.
Used to be scorching to your geography.
Now it's parents or school peer influence.

Kids that are eight aren't going to change unless they're already supporting the club.. Women that she eighteen aren't going to be influenced by going to watch a woman's game because they already have an interest so their favorite club had already been fostered info then by that stage and people don't change!
The non footy club aligned kids aren't going to hop on a tram aged 6 and go to watch the women's league ibis their parents take them
If this happened I'm sure the convert rate would be minimal compared to the overall capital cost and running costs.

This club is on the verge of insolvency already.
It's in the business of afl winning flags not tokenizing social values .
The social values it can realistically uphold is in its treatment of women within its existing perimeters to win flags.

You're saying it's not looking after its corporate member females and they need to have their own coterie.
Which is what I'd be more interested into looking more deeply into those causes and symptoms.

What are they?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

you have just nailed it ....the fact that I make a comment about the agenda then gets translated into a gender bias war :roll:

this is not core business - it distracts us both in labour and finance which will bog us down - if we get the premierships - the women members will follow

i heard that jenkins spoke at YCP - I hear everyone were rolling their eyes in the audience :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

No you're saying the men at Carlton are making women feel uncomfortable and unable to join with the men in coteries as equals!

That's what you're saying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Carlton will never become insolvent because they're controlled by the AFL.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

you have just nailed it ....the fact that I make a comment about the agenda then gets translated into a gender bias war :roll:

this is not core business - it distracts us both in labour and finance which will bog us down - if we get the premierships - the women members will follow

i heard that jenkins spoke at YCP - I hear everyone were rolling their eyes in the audience :roll:

A male dominated audience.

All I'm pointing out about the last post is that you sound like a conspiracy nut, as does Synners

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
Carlton will never become insolvent because they're controlled by the AFL.

well i suspect something big will happen to carlton in 6 months - it will involve the afl...

Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

No you're saying the men at Carlton are making women feel uncomfortable and unable to join with the men in coteries as equals!

That's what you're saying!

I am, but you're the one implying intent as inseparable from fault, something you're apparently immune to

Harry Vallence

cimm1979 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Women's league? Let's see how that translates into the future for us.
I wonder if we're even going to break even on that.
Women either going to like afl football or they don't. Their not going to come across to follow us because we're putting up a football team for the women's league.
Actually can't imagine it breaking even for our investment.
I haven't really looked to deeply in this because I really don't give too much of a stuff either way. Love to know what were actually expecting from this and how it's going to be funded etc..

To summarise.

"I don't know anything about women's football"

Keep posting quality.

You said you didn't think we'd play as badly as last week, and said we'd lose by 6 goals.

'Thanks for your input. Genius is rare. We'd hate to lose you'

Bruce Doull

Mosquito Fleet wrote:

This is totally true.
It's a distraction that even though the club is pathetic.
Broke
Stone cold last.. It's a caring liberal all embracing club that cares about society and it's issues..

Carlton will transform society bit never mind about the business it's actually in.

22 games of football and then finals and then I've that with a flag.

Were pretty crap everybody but we are fighting for the rights of women!

Will we move into the sphere of para-football too?

Serious question..

I can understand why collingwood might go there.. It doesn't matter! They're rolling in cash!

But a club where we're at? Really?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

A male dominated audience.

All I'm pointing out about the last post is that you sound like a conspiracy nut, as does Synners

its not a conspiracy - its a serious distraction from our core business both in finance and people...the more we push this agenda, the more we will stifle our rebuild, given the cycle that our club is in...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lol....women overall make up 32-33% of memberships across the comp. Most would be members as part of family memberships or because they want to take their kids who have a genuine interest.

There's more women than men in this world...do the maths.

Womens football is booming, I was circumspect until I saw the game in Tv between Melb and doggies I think last year. It was a wonderful standard.

The crap MF and Synners are going on about is "win games and they will come" mentality that has pervaded this club forever lol

A women's team IS about growth. 3 teams in a massive market for x amount of years until expansion is even thought about. It's a no brainer to me

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next