Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
I think Synbad's first post on the issue of women's football covered it.

He doesn't understand it, doesn't know anything about it, doesn't know if it would work or not and can't be stuffed finding out.

Apart from that, he's all over it. :lol:

You're welcome to show how it's going to work exactly

No thanks Synbad.

I don't know how good or bad it will be. But there does appear to be some interest.

I think I'll let you act like the worlds leading expert on womens football even though you said in YOUR VERY FIRST POST ON THE MATTER you don't know if it will work and you can't be stuffed finding out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:03 am 
Bruce Doull

Interest in what exactly?
Lol

What's all this, tokenism?

You think by being tokenistic to women the club will improve and things will be good for women?

Is that what you think?
Wait till our girls have to be paid and can't fund themselves.

I doubt any of you have cared about the women's game before and many of you will care once it's up and running

The difference is... It will need funding.
It's not like the club won't have to keep pace with what the magpies will be doing and watch Eddie ramp it up while we drag our feet and struggle to keep pace with the arms race.
Eddie will be talking about fair wages for women and using his massive war chest to promote.. We will be exposed as slave labor unwilling to pay women more and have three correct infrastructure.

When in fact all of this has nothing to do with the sport I signed up to as a kid.

Totally losing focus

Ridiculous!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

for a guy who has no interest in it, doesn't know anything about it and can't be stuffed learning about it , you sure post a lot about it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:30 am 
Bruce Doull

There's nothing to learn
It's just another nail in the coffin

Club has made a 4.8 million dollar loss in the last two years

DL you think this is going to be funded fishbone style?

There are no flow on benefits that will offset the capital investment and the running costs

Do you think in give years you'll be paying them 10k a season?

Loll

Watch what will happen and the funny thing it's going to be less popular than the vfl

The difference is are women being discriminated against with much much less invested in the women's game?

One word for you son

CanOfWorms

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

This thread has been trying to shuffle off to the threads graveyard to die but you keep it on life support.

Pull the plug.

Start a new thread about Women's Football .

You can call it "Women's Football, I don't know anything about it, I'm not interested in it and can't be stuffed finding out"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:39 am 
Bruce Doull

You know why the women's game has not taken off?
Because it's crap! And nobody is thinking of investing into it because unless it's tax minimization everybody likes to see a return for investment.
That's how the logical and realistic world works.
However if you're the afl and you want to sneak into every nook and cranny of Australian society you might think about infiltrating the organic natural women's competition and push investment onto clubs and supporters.
Now this competition with all its unanswered questions of funding and investment suddenly becomes a problem for the narrow shoulders of clubs already struggling and living hand to mouth.

Like us!

And money will be taken out of the competition and diluted into a z grade competition where the costs will go through the roof with all the equal rights / discrimination associated to it!

Every dollar invested in this competition will come from the afl .. Club membership and sponsorship and govt taxes

Just to pretend something that just quite isn't!

People don't play or watch women's football not because of men but because it's crap and as crap can't attract sponsorship investment and crowds.

It's never ever going to be better than some suburban division

In the meantime it's going to be a massive money pit all for the sake of some ridiculous artificial social engineering ..

Our money can be spent on coaches development and women will be attracted as would children!
Children are another area evaporating from our growth.

The truth is the kids are either being possessed by relatives following more successful clubs.. And girls are going to the football with their hawthorn supporting bfs

He's not going to be taking her and the kids to watch Carlton

She's embarrassed.
Her and the kids are following a more blissful weekend away from the shemozzle that's Carlton under these people and their myriad of mistakes that led us to the Sydney game for instance.

You need to focus on what you're there to do! Be s successful afl club!

The rest isn't your business when you are in our position!
It's just what you conjure up when you have no answers and are looking to muddy the waters by pretending you're a progressive football entity and you care about the world.

Funny
Laughable

And will go belly up

Guaranteed!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

"Women's Football, I don't know anything about it, I'm not interested in it and can't be stuffed finding out"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Fine years is patient.. That's how long it takes to turn a list over
Twenty one years of patience is actually somebody that's dead already
Rattens last year we were incredibly crap
His other years we won one elimination final and didn't manage more than three in a row

That's actually hardly a galvanized football club
But it's not rattens fault. He was never ready to be a senior club coach in the afl. He hadn't done an apprenticeship for it and was gifted the job by a crony Carlton board culture.
In the end the players with the typical Carlton crony culture has enough of him. In typical Carlton board culture the board went out to sound out the best coach they could.
Half the board wanted Mick half wanted roos.. The mathiesons including mark wanted Mick the Pratt's wanted the ex swans golden boy roos. Roos rejected all advances and he has been found out equally wanting at Melbourne anyway

Basically crap coaches kill everything.
Both of these coaches were successful till they landed ( only after massive money) at a crap club. Clubs they wouldn't have gone to otherwise!

It's simple!
That Pratt phase was massive to our recovery.. We had the momentum and inertia. The league hadn't yet become anywhere near as professional as it is now....
But we fluffed it with some massive poor choices
-Ratts became senior coach. Totally out of his depth. Was paranoid.. Pointed fingers at players.. Conditioning chief etc
-Sticks because president. Stayed fur seven odd years . the most laughable choice for president in the history of afl. He was unanimously voted in as president each time. Including three times by the current president who speaks about previous admins with a snake I mean scapegoating tone
-Below that swann was drafted in as CEO and kept on rolling his contact over three times or was it four?
-Judd came in and sorted out all of our players giving up hive salary cap space and costing the farm. ( we love our Messiah complex) judd allowed us to take our eyes off the ball.. On the end we killed him too!
-Recruitment and development were poor! List management was totally non existent
- football manager we brought in icke but he couldn't work wetter rattan so he was shot and replaced by the comfortably clueless McKay!
- membership had not been harvested anywhere near what it should have. Hard work was substituted by crappy jingoism.. The whole club was being rotted out by lazy, opulent, misguided self entitlement delusional cronyism.
It didn't make any real inroads into the debt which is still a massive cross the club still bares. And it's blowing out to the point that in afl football terms were now again insolvent.
By rights the afl is supposed to place is into administration which it's hesitant to do for obvious reasons. ( just another afl house rule that isn't really a rule like everything in this sport today) but it can't be far away. The board has been asked to tip in to keep the clubs head above water. Done tipping in more than others of course..
Which is a scary proposition for anybody wanting to come in on a challenge.
They will have to personally fund a massive shortfall and not just mend it.

We're still doing the most laughable things imaginable by any supposedly professional organization.

This thing will not turn around.. As a matter of fact it's going to snowball the other way.. It's already this massive snowball that this board has vomited down our throats.

Three clubs are central to this club.
Elliots
Pratt's
Mathiesons

The more this club slides the more it stays on the control of these three.. They don't always work together but they're the holders of the clubs power base.
Others are drafted in or out.

They have shored up their interests over the years to the exclusion of outsiders beautifully.
They have given much more thought in making sure power can't be vested into anybody else than turning the club around.
The money they have paid on the drip has been the debt many times over and yet they won't pay that money in one hit and wipe off five.
They won't do that because they know if the club is financially out of the woods they're unsafe.

In the meantime the club keeps slipping into oblivion which it can never truly recover from

pretty much agree with this

my understanding pratts wanted mick and the mathiesons wanted roos
for this club to move forward elliots, pratts and mathiesons must all leave any connection to the board
they have both had a fair suck of the sausebottle and have all failed
the fact that visy are now sponsoring the womens team will entrench their positon
did anyone see the 2015 annual report page 7

7. Future Developments
Disclosure of information regarding likely developments in the operations of the Club in future financial years and the
expected results of those operations is likely to result in unreasonable prejudice to the Club. Accordingly, this
information has not been disclosed in this Report.

this has been swept under the carpet in the sense that it hasnt been spoken about

what does mean? are we insolvent?

We have a fair way from what we were 7 years ago
Only the Mathiesons remain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Should have played Justin Davies.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20