Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

The_Wookie wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
robertbb wrote:
So the AFL throws money into Kardinia Park... but not into Princes Park.
So the AFL grants Hawthorn the use of Waverly for $1 a year... and flowers us with a shit deal at Etihad.

Pretty clear what's going on.

And yet you can bet your bottom dollar the AFL won't have the money to put into redeveloping Princes Park...yet Hawthorn is about 30 million the richer.

Just about everything you've written here is not supported by the evidence or historical fact.

"Just about everything you've written here is not supported by the evidence or historical fact." ditto kid. Straight back at you.

You would be good as a politician as if I say white, you would say I said black.

Regarding Glenferrie - I was referring to the social club. Don't know if you have ever been there, but it was across the road from the club..or to be more precise for your pedantic nature...across the road from the oval.

"When the club opted to sell the social club building at Glenferrie for more than $2 million, it did so in the knowledge that its future was fortified with bricks and mortar at Waverley." It was the club building they were selling. To save time, when I referred to "Glenferrie" I was referring to their assets at Glenferrie. Or are you trying to deny they had any assets at Glenferrie?
Good try son, but incorrect.

The AFL has every right to alter the dividend/extra payments it gives to clubs. Now you will probably come back and say "it isn't caused a dividend, it is called...." etc.
However, I suggest you look at this document below for further information. Refer to the future fund section. In 2013, for example, Hawthorn received $575.000, Melbourne received $3,885,000.

ie clubs receive a disequal amount based on their needs...another "equalising measure". My argument is that Hawthorn should be receiving nothing. Not even $575,000. If you have benefitted manifestly, significantly, intensely, profoundly etc from an AFL policy then there is no reason why this club should receive funding on top of that. If you want me to spell out what AFL policies Hawthorn has benefitted from then you obviously expect me to write out a 10 page document. I have other things to do.

p.s while I am on the topic North Melbourne should not be receiving 3.045 million out of the future fund either. I don't care if they are building a replica of the Taj Mahal at Arden Street (oh sorry, across the road from Arden Street) there is no grounds for this club to be receiving so much money.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20 ... Report.pdf

I am not a big fan of politicians playing tricks with facts. If you are talking about 2004 and superimposing that information in 2012 etc or vica verca that is deception.(Those years are used as examples not specific dates). Playing semantics with words such as "Glenferrie" is also deceptive. Good tricks, but not exactly fair.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Double post

Yes, it was twice as good as the previous one.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:42 am 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Double post

glad your reading it :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:12 am 
Ken Hunter

HTP wrote:
Leave the afl, merge with Northern Blues and join the vfl. I'm sick of the afl and their makey uppy shit.

This is well and truly on the cards the way our club is heading and more importantly controlled.
Can't wait to see us flexing our muscle once the AFL take ownership of Etihad, cause we know how much they support us compared to the other tenants. :roll:
We need PP redeveloped to survive on our own feet (like Geelong). It's the only way we can try to compete against the interstate monsters, otherwise we will float through (if we're lucky) like StKilda!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Double post

Glad my reading it is what?

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:08 am 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
HTP wrote:
Leave the afl, merge with Northern Blues and join the vfl. I'm sick of the afl and their makey uppy shit.

This is well and truly on the cards the way our club is heading and more importantly controlled.
Can't wait to see us flexing our muscle once the AFL take ownership of Etihad, cause we know how much they support us compared to the other tenants. :roll:
We need PP redeveloped to survive on our own feet (like Geelong). It's the only way we can try to compete against the interstate monsters, otherwise we will float through (if we're lucky) like StKilda!

Yep...you said it brother :smoking:

I stated that trigg said that of carltons membership moneys paid to carlton ...only 45c per member dollar is returned to carlton. .

We have to conclude that 55c of the $1 of members $ goes to city hall to look after our interests :screwy:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:57 am 
Rod Ashman

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
HTP wrote:

I stated that trigg said that of carltons membership moneys paid to carlton ...only 45c per member dollar is returned to carlton. .

We have to conclude that 55c of the $1 of members $ goes to city hall to look after our interests :screwy:

I thought you said the 45c in every $1 figure was for money spent at Etihad only?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:58 am 
Bruce Doull

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Double post

Glad my reading it is what?

:D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:

I don't think Geelong is an apt comparison to the Carlton situation. While they have quite cleverly leveraged themselves as part of a swinging state and federal electorate - it's not just about playing politics - even though that's a game they play very well. While none of us were really looking - Brian Cook and Colin Carter are turning Kardinia Park into Victoria’s third national multi-purpose stadium.

I would like to see a Carlton Master Plan that proposed the gutting of the Hawthorn (Pratt) Stand and Heroes Stands be knocked down. The current playing dimensions of the ground are 166m (length) x 150m (width). I would extend the Heroes Stand side of the ground and have the goalposts go north/south instead of east/west. Re: the Hawthorn Stand - you could build a great all-seating stand in that area. That might be a terrible idea in many people's eyes ...so if it is - what does your ideal (and realistic) future for Ikon Park look like?

Thinking completely glass half-full - a Master Plan will be released this year and is an exciting thing to look forward to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:35 am 
Rod Ashman

cecil89 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
HTP wrote:

I thought you said the 45c in every $1 figure was for money spent at Etihad only?

Yes. .correct. .apologies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 am 
Rod Ashman

I would flatten princes park....return to the community as park land...build a new princes park at the melbourne university end of princes park

Kardina park won't be the third melbourne stadium...too far from melbourne. ..its in geelong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:51 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
I would flatten princes park....return to the community as park land...build a new princes park at the melbourne university end of princes park

I said realistic! There's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening!

Here's some light reading for you: https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/SiteCo ... r-plan.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:04 am 
John Nicholls

Flower kid in a Hawthorn jumper on page 2. @#$%&! AFL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:34 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

I said realistic! There's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening!

Here's some light reading for you: https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/SiteCo ... r-plan.pdf

you are embarrassing yourself or you do not understand the exercise of political power

a brochure by a Melbourne City Council has no authority when compared to political or business power

How do you think Athletics Australia Board decided to move its track and premises and allow Collingwood to be located at that site?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
you are embarrassing yourself or you do not understand the exercise of political power

a brochure by a Melbourne City Council has no authority when compared to political or business power

How do you think Athletics Australia Board decided to move its track and premises and allow Collingwood to be located at that site?

Not long ago I would have been offended mozz - but life's too short! Here's the answer. Does Carlton have a John Brumby that I don't know about?

http://www.smh.com.au/national/collingw ... -egz0.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

Not long ago I would have been offended mozz - but life's too short! Here's the answer. Does Carlton have a John Brumby that I don't know about?

http://www.smh.com.au/national/collingw ... -egz0.html

or an eddie maguire?..a passionate driven ruthless single minded president..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:

That's a given. There's not one there...nor on the radar.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

That's a given. There's not one there...nor on the radar.

and to think that blokes like Trainor and Fahour were splashed on this site as the future presidents :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
...and to think that blokes like Trainor and Fahour were splashed on this site as the future presidents :grin:

I would have posted a sad emoticon because what those two gentlemen have which is bereft on the current board is innovation. Never mind...I'm sure some good ideas can come from the supporter council...does that still exist?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mosquito Fleet wrote:

Kardina park won't be the third melbourne stadium...too far from melbourne. ..its in geelong

Effing oath mate...............make it virtuallyyy walking distance to the City.Great lateral thinking fella.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next