Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The new big 4; Collingwood, Richmond; Essendon* and Hawthorn ....... next is Geelong.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:45 am 
Harry Vallence

tommi wrote:
Ya know.......

it always annoyed me how shallow the
Legends stand was built...it was too flat...!

And bought to us by the same people who changed the jumper...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

I think you'll find it was the local residents who made sure not one extra square metre was taken away from parkland.

It's why I laugh when people talk about building a bigger stadium and it being used again for AFL games

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

teagueyubeauty wrote:
I think you'll find it was the local residents who made sure not one extra square metre was taken away from parkland.

It's why I laugh when people talk about building a bigger stadium and it being used again for AFL games

a strong club would demolish the local residents opinions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lol, we were very strong back then... Try again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

teagueyubeauty wrote:
Lol, we were very strong back then... Try again

we still built the legends stand :wink:

if it was built in a manner which was financially correct, by a better President, there would be no argument.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

The facts are we were a strong club then who were unable to extract further parkland in a much less pc world with residents who were used to football every second week yet you think we can plonk a bigger stadium there now.

Smorgyland has more hope of getting up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

teagueyubeauty wrote:
The facts are we were a strong club then who were unable to extract further parkland in a much less pc world with residents who were used to football every second week yet you think we can plonk a bigger stadium there now.

Another no can do supporter

My suggestion is in this thread. ..build nearby the university

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

teagueyubeauty wrote:

Another no can do supporter

My suggestion is in this thread. ..build nearby the university

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

And take away parkland.....id love it to happen but ur dreaming

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

teagueyubeauty wrote:

flatten princes park and give back to the residents results in a net loss of parkland being zero..,.,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
teagueyubeauty wrote:

flatten princes park and give back to the residents results in a net loss of parkland being zero..,.,

Yep ! im with you Mozzie.................Great idea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

We couldn't do what we wanted in the 90s as we lost the backing of the AFL once they decided upon Docklands. With their backing, we would of been able to get PP as a 50k stadium.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

And the Melbourne City Council was against it. Wasn't it the time of Kennett's apointed councils and Graeme Samuel ran the MCC and he was also part of the Docklands stadium committee.
So we had no hope

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

buzzaaaah wrote:
And the Melbourne City Council was against it. Wasn't it the time of Kennett's apointed councils and Graeme Samuel ran the MCC and he was also part of the Docklands stadium committee.
So we had no hope

Samuel was on the AFL commission

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
So we had no hope

i say again MCC can be rolled if the club exercises muscle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
So we had no hope

i say again MCC can be rolled if the club exercises muscle

Everyone has a price. You can apparently buy the deputy Lord Mayorship for $200,000. Chump change really.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
So we had no hope

http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/documen ... -PDF-1.pdf

Quote:
Mr Graeme Samuel AO is considered the driving force behind the stadium’s development, and is also regarded as pivotal in opening up the Docklands precinct. When Mr Samuel publicly conveyed his
interest in the project, he was a member of the Melbourne Cricket Ground Trust and a Commissioner of the Australian Football League, and he had also become a member of the Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust. Once Chairman of the Trust, talk of building a new stadium moved forward.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

woof wrote:
The new big 4; Collingwood, Richmond; Essendon** and Hawthorn ....... next is Geelong.

Very true but it wasn't all that long ago that Hawthorn were a basket case of a club.

Got their act together though, and it wasn't overnight either. They planned and earnt their sucsess.

I'd like to think that we're doing the same.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 am 
Rod Ashman

The_Wookie wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
So we had no hope

http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/documen ... -PDF-1.pdf

Quote:
Mr Graeme Samuel AO is considered the driving force behind the stadium’s development, and is also regarded as pivotal in opening up the Docklands precinct. When Mr Samuel publicly conveyed his
interest in the project, he was a member of the Melbourne Cricket Ground Trust and a Commissioner of the Australian Football League, and he had also become a member of the Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust. Once Chairman of the Trust, talk of building a new stadium moved forward.

From Wikipedia

He has also had extensive involvement in senior levels of sports management in Australia. Samuel recently joined the Australian Rugby League Commission, which governs the NRL and is a former commissioner of the Australian Football League (he became a life member of the league in 1995). During his time as AFL commissioner, Samuel was one of the so-called "faceless men" who were vilified by supporters during the attempted merger or relocation of clubs such as Footscray, Fitzroy, Melbourne and Hawthorn.[3]

On 3 May 1995, The Age highlighted Samuel’s vision for the future of the AFL under the title 'The Samuel Vision' — which included the following major points:

Port Adelaide’s entry to the AFL is a priority.
The AFL is being damaged by maintaining 11 clubs in Victoria.
Fitzroy should consider merging with Brisbane.
Commission should no longer deal with issues of discipline.
Waverley Park’s future will depend on how many clubs are in the competition.
A minimum salary cap should be considered for clubs.
Western Oval is not necessarily the best place for Footscray.
Minimum level of contribution to AFL revenue a condition of clubs keeping license.
Samuel was also was the chairman of the Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust, which oversees both Melbourne Park and Olympic Park, Melbourne.

In July 2012, Samuel was appointed Chairman of the Victorian Taxi Services Commission following the Victorian Government's initiative to clean up and provide better regulation around the taxi cab industry.[4] The Government's Taxi Industry Inquiry headed by Professor Allan Fels recommended sweeping reforms to improve taxi services in Victoria. Samuel is charged with overseeing on the ground implementation of Fels' reforms.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next