Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:54 am 
Robert Walls

I'm looking forward to the membership team scoring a win this Spring with their BEST MEMBERSHIP PACK EVER !

I wasn't thrilled with this year's offering... and it was a pretty testing year as a supporter.
What would you like to see in this years offering?

What do people think about the new MCC provisional membership category?
At $325 this is a slightly tempting alternative to club membership or AFL membership ....
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-02/new-mcc-membership-category-to-reduce-40year-wait

I hope the club realise that the AFL is now well and truly a cash-cow for carving up, and it needs to compete for people's hard earned $$ etc etc

In this year's membership i would like to see:
- More certainty that my choice of merch will be available (use the member survey to plan stock ordering better!!)
- Better quality merch (if I am going to be tempted with small trinkets to bolster my membership, then at least make them good enough that i will want to keep them)
- Emails from the Pres/CEO/coach that use a different colour font to the background colour (SO WE CAN ACTUALLY READ THEM!!)
- Emails from the coach that include some text, in case I don't have time to sit through a video or my browser has issues with it. Just a quick summary of the key messages would be great.
- I'd like a members after-game kick to kick session organised for at least one home game a year (probably at the start or the end of the season) - wishful thinking i know.
- Keep working on the game day atmosphere stuff. The lighting and hovercraft are not bad, but the music could be better :lol:

Any other ideas?

--

Previous membership info…

http://membership.carltonfc.com.au/

2015 thread (47,305 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34354
2014 thread (47,557 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33480
2013 thread (50,597 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32338
2012 thread (45,801 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31111
2011 thread (43,813 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29413

Post subject: Re: 2016 Membership
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I would buy a better category of membership and go to the footy more often if we were any chance of winning. I will keep buying memberships as a rusted on diehard but I'll buy the cheapo silver member category. It is hard to drag myself away from other commitments to go along and watch my team get humiliated, not just beaten. It is hard to drag myself along when the outcome is known a week before the bounce!

Trinkets and stuff...meh! I keep finding old membership paraphenalia every time I cleanout a drawer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

A freeze on prices would be a good idea. I know some clubs did this for this season.
I have a members reserve membership for both home and away games. The seats for the away matches are on the top level of both the MCG and Etihad. Better seats would be good or else I am going to downgrade to general admission for the away games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:05 am 
Rod McGregor

The only thing I want from my exorbitant Carlton membership is to utilise my 'guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket' at some point again before I die.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Franc de Borges wrote:
The only thing I want from my exorbitant Carlton membership is to utilise my 'guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket' at some point again before I die.

A few of us were discussing the earthquake in Chile and what it might mean if there was ever a 10.0 earthquake.

Thought it might be the end of the world.

I said I'd like to see at least one more Carlton premiership before that happens.

One of the other guys said a Carlton premiership may cause the end of the world.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:45 am 
Ken Hands

kezza wrote:
A freeze on prices would be a good idea. I know some clubs did this for this season.
I have a members reserve membership for both home and away games. The seats for the away matches are on the top level of both the MCG and Etihad. Better seats would be good or else I am going to downgrade to general admission for the away games.

I agree with you KEZZA I may downgrade also, sick of oppostion supporters sitting in Carlton Designated area.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:38 pm 
Robert Walls

kezza wrote:

I think a freeze on prices goes without saying.

I think it will be an awful look if the club try to hike prices in a wooden spoon year. ... after spending so much money to pay out Mick ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

hotspur wrote:
kezza wrote:

I agree with you KEZZA I may downgrade also, sick of oppostion supporters sitting in Carlton Designated area.

I am with you on the opposition supporters just coming and sitting in our area without reserved seats. It is worse at Etihad.
I have complained to the attendants a few times but if they just did their job properly it wouldnt be an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

In fairness, the Carlton fans (in general, not talking about you two) aren't sitting in the Carlton area, so can you really blame opposition supporters?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:47 pm 
Serge Silvagni

A guaranteed premiership or your money back would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

idle wrote:
A guaranteed premiership or your money back would be nice.

Applied retrospectively? Jeanie might need to get a reverse mortgage on Raheen!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:17 am 
Ken Hunter

Blues2005 wrote:
In fairness, the Carlton fans (in general, not talking about you two) aren't sitting in the Carlton area, so can you really blame opposition supporters?

The area I sit in is for Carlton members only. It is called a members reserved membership. The issue has been the attendants not checking tickets and people with general admission tickets just walk in and sit down in a reserved seating area.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
Blues2005 wrote:

The area I sit in is for Carlton members only. It is called a members reserved membership. The issue has been the attendants not checking tickets and people with general admission tickets just walk in and sit down in a reserved seating area.

I know, kezza.

The point I was making was that opposition fans would not be able to sit in Carlton areas if Carlton fans were already sitting in them. It wouldn't be an issue if the Carlton members actually showed up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blues2005 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Blues2005 wrote:

I know, kezza.

The point I was making was that opposition fans would not be able to sit in Carlton areas if Carlton fans were already sitting in them. It wouldn't be an issue if the Carlton members actually showed up.

I am with you.
The numbers really well away as the season went on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blues2005 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Blues2005 wrote:

I know, kezza.

If Carlton turned up regularly then I am sure that the members and supporters would follow suit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:43 am 
Robert Walls

It's a sad state of affairs :-//

I can't imagine the same thing happening in Collingwood reserved bays.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:54 am 
John Nicholls

2ndeffort wrote:

If Carlton turned up regularly then I am sure that the members and supporters would follow suit

:clap:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:35 pm 
Garry Crane

I want a decent hat like 2011.

And a lap dance. This year you could have got one behind the goals and nobody would have raised an eyebrow. Nobody was there.

https://savemidownload.com. Authorised Game and Software retailer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

I hope there's a scarf.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

Post subject: 2016 Membership
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:26 am 
Harry Vallence

So this year like every other I filled out the online members survey.
I complained, like every year, about the availability of good seats for AFL Club Support members. There are 14 of us who cannot get seats together. Very frustrating.
Today got a call back from the club. Spoke directly about my feedback and offered assistance and options.
Never ever received a response before.
Hallelujah.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next