Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

As the club is looking at reviewing operations, what questions would you like the Carlton Board to answer right here right now? Maybe we could get somebody from the club to provide some answers. For example:

Q: Who is responsible for the notion that we trade off our entire forward line setup (in such a short period of time) with no apparent replacements in sight?

Q: For the past 10 years, there has been repeated suggestion to reduce numbers at Board level - why hasn't this been acted on?

Q: What measures have been put in place to make sure Carlton is across any promising talent in leagues outside the immediate Melbourne area. Are we looking at South Australia and Western Australia effectively?

Q: When will Carlton get a stand alone reserves team?

Q: Can we get assurances that we review our policy regarding long term contracts that pay overs for players and limit flexibility in later trade periods?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I know I'm wasting my time but I'll give you my question.

We want an independent performance review of the club. All aspects.
Board, administration, football department. Including interviews with past employees who will assist. (coaches included)
The independent panel to be selected by someone with experience in football club reviews i.e. David Parkin.
All findings to be presented to the members.

Will you facilitate this review?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Have you ever considered saying sorry?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wet Willie wrote:
As the club is looking at reviewing operations, what questions would you like the Carlton Board to answer right here right now? Maybe we could get somebody from the club to provide some answers. For example:

Q: Who is responsible for the notion that we trade off our entire forward line setup (in such a short period of time) with no apparent replacements in sight?

We made decisions we believe to be in the best interests of the club going forward, we have a lot of faith in the players we have such as Levi Casboult, Lachie Henderson, we bought in Liam Jones who will be a very good player. We feel we have the makings of a very good forward line for years to come and we will continue to look to make improvements where we can

Q: For the past 10 years, there has been repeated suggestion to reduce numbers at Board level - why hasn't this been acted on?

We have a lot of very good people on the board who put a lot of their own time in to help the club. Sticks recently retired as president and we are constantly looking at the makeup of the board and will make changes when it makes sense for the club

Q: What measures have been put in place to make sure Carlton is across any promising talent in leagues outside the immediate Melbourne area. Are we looking at South Australia and Western Australia effectively?

Like most clubs, we have recruitment people all across the country

This is something we are always looking at but we do have a very good partnership with the Northern Blues which has been mutually beneficial in recent times

Q: Can we get assurances that we review our policy regarding long term contracts that pay overs for players and limit flexibility in later trade periods?

We recently bought SOS in to the club who has an outstanding recent record, you just have to look at how GWS are performing right now. We have the utmost faith in SOS and his work in this area going forward

/pseudo answers

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:

Board, administration, football department. Including interviews with past employees who will assist. (coaches included)
The independent panel to be selected by someone with experience in football club reviews i.e. David Parkin.

We have a new president and CEO onboard and have made several changes to other key executive personnel, we are confident we have the right people in place to take this club forward.

/pseudo answers

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

DesEnglish wrote:
Have you ever considered saying sorry?

sorry, i dont understand your question.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:

Like.

Everyone should forfeit memberships until this happens.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wet Willie wrote:

WW most of those questions would have been great to ask in 2007-2008, because board numbers have been reduced (and capped in the constitution), we clearly had a big network in WA & SA under Hughes & Rogers, and we opted to partially own the Preston Bullants rather than pay the the full whack; the coach is our development coach and we basically pick the team.

The bookend questions are more pertinent, though we didn't exactly let Waite walk; the other two we did. I'd further that question to ask why we did the same thing to our ruck division (Hampson trade was under MM's/McKay's tenure), and what our team defence strategies are currently given everyone seems to be chasing a specific match up in midfield.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:34 pm 
Serge Silvagni

There are three sides to every story.

Your's, theirs and the truth.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

grrofunger wrote:
Wet Willie wrote:

We made decisions we believe to be in the best interests of the club going forward, we have a lot of faith in the players we have such as Levi Casboult, Lachie Henderson, we bought in Liam Jones who will be a very good player. We feel we have the makings of a very good forward line for years to come and we will continue to look to make improvements where we can

We have a lot of very good people on the board who put a lot of their own time in to help the club. Sticks recently retired as president and we are constantly looking at the makeup of the board and will make changes when it makes sense for the club

Like most clubs, we have recruitment people all across the country

This is something we are always looking at but we do have a very good partnership with the Northern Blues which has been mutually beneficial in recent times

We recently bought SOS in to the club who has an outstanding recent record, you just have to look at how GWS are performing right now. We have the utmost faith in SOS and his work in this area going forward

/pseudo answers

Pretty good effort :thumbsup:

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wouldn't happen...
But David parkin has ties with the pratts..

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wet Willie wrote:

Question 3 I don't understand, I think we neglect vic far too much and draft an inordinate amount outside of vic - especially West Australians.

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:17 pm 
Bob Chitty

Giving answers is not part of the club's constitution.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Giving answers they're OK.
Having answers they're crapola

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:24 pm 
Bob Chitty

True Synners.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

Q. Did any of you actually get VOTED onto the board?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

1. You are all successful business people in your own right . Why would you volunteer for a board position at a football club that you have no financial gain and it could damage your reputation.
2. Do you read the vitriol directed at you from supporters.
3. Why would you make it difficult for others to replace you on the board when it is a volunteer position.
4. Is there any fringr benefits that come with the job other than inviting clients to football.
5. If you see a benefit inviting clients to football surely you would do your utmost to ensure that football side put on a show.
6.Why do you bother

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Where are my socks?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

From a scale of one to one hundred how would you each rate your colleagues performance and how would you expect them to rate your performance on the board?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

ooh the questions are getting tough......

Thanks for all the questions everybody, clearly some very passionate fans but thats all we have time for tonight