Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

But....but....

1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
(is it annoying yet?)
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
etc

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 pm 
Ken Hunter

The Duke wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
and will Essendon*** win a flag?

I do not want to win 4 @#$%&! games I want to win the flag - and that is the difference. Stop worrying about knee jerk shit scared cries because we lose - instead look at what is causing us to lose. Shaw hitting every @#$%&! St Kilda jumper he could find hurt (shame cos he can get the ball) Kruise going down so we had no real ruck, and worse no support for Cripps and Kennedy - and Kennedy had no preseason - and Marchbank is not fully fit and so on. Its not the coach, not now. Its the side we are fielding. Improve that first because your way is bullshit. No new coach will come in and not change things up - And if they @#$%&! those changes up we are now back again to the same sad shitty list place we are trying to finally get away from. Give it @#$%&! time. And no, three years is not time, no where near it.

We have drafted well

and now we move into drafting and trading well - spending the money, picking the pieces to help the kids. I seriously hope things improve next year but if we have half our side out injured again then I doubt it will and yet the list should be substantially stronger...and at some point the jump will occur -high enough? maybe not - and at that point bang on about Bolts all you want, but at this point lets get the list right with no @#$%&! distractions, blaming, changing of the guard etc etc etc...@#$%&! fog that we have been losing ourselves in since 2001

Worse year ever - yes because at this point in time its the worst @#$%&! list ever but I can see that changing - I cannot see it changing if we bring in the next @#$%&! Malthouse followed by rookie followed by Malthouse ad infinitum!

We've done your @#$%&! way of no good coach chuck and start again and it has got us no closer than that horrid day we lost those picks all those years ago.

That highlighted sentence....you said that about the 2nd half of this year in about round 5. You're just pushing it further out.

TBH, I'd sakc him now, but if we have to keep him, he'd better deliver a @#$%&! superstar in the off-season. Someone who can see his vision and wants to win a flag with the CFC, because at the moment, all the traffic is outbound!

So we need to keep Cripps, use #1 very wisely, fix the issues with our other top 10s, develop the kids, get a superstar.

Bolts' has got a big 4 months ahead.

as you should have noticed i am learning not to post after a football game - alcohol and reason don't mix. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:22 pm 
Robert Walls

Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
Okay, so first Essendon*** have to make finals - currently they sit 12th - so this year they are no closer to winning a flag than we are - remember when we flogged them in the finals - were we closer to winning a flag than them? Not so far (we are still both searching for it). Remember when we also beat Richmond - were we closer than them - No. they have won a flag since then , we have not.

Being closer is a perception supporters cling to but its not a reality. I'll accept a side making regular top 4 finishes is closer because they are giving themselves regular shots at the flag, but in truth all perceived incarnations of the premiership clock are just fairy tales for supports to dance around to. A side's chances can change swiftly - Bulldogs anyone? Richmond anyone? But they must have a strong, healthy list at the right time of the season, a list that bats deep, (particularly at the moment in midfielders and run and carry players) a coach leading a focused, united team and luck, always a slice of luck.

The only premiership reality is - did your side win the flag? I am willing to bet this year both Essendon*** and Carlton will answer with a no. So who is closer?

If we recruit well, continuing to build this list, if Essendon*** have another year in the middle rung - who is closer then?

Like us, Essendon*** need to keep building their list, like us they need to see their flaws, address them and strive to get better. I accept it's a race, but it's not a sprint (regular top 4 sides might be closer to a sprint) so at this point I have no idea who is closer to a flag them or us, and neither do you.
When you are on the bottom and winning one game with a percentage that could end up below 60%
It is pretty safe to say you are further away from a premiership than any other team.
Unless you are prepared to accept that the other teams will sit on their hands and do nothing and not improve.
Every year every team makes changes to their list .
We at Carlton think that our list changes will some how be much better than everyone else.
It is flawed thinking and it is why the club is in a minor meltdown at the moment.
With everyone from the boot studder to the CEO coming out trying to justify their actions.
We need the Iraqi minister of truth

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Your logic is imbecilic. You assume linear progression or regression every year. How about doing some research and telling us all the ladder positions for any 6 clubs over say a 5 year period. I assure you it won't look like this:

2013 2014 2015 2016 2017

Team A 11th 10th 9th 8th 7th
Team B 5th 4th 3rd 2nd 1st

etc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
But....but....

1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
(is it annoying yet?)
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
etc

you just cannot gloss over this, imo.

gold coast and gws both had 3 and 4 times this many wins in their inaugural seasons.

Essendon*, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

are we really that much worse than those three teams?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 am 
formerly King Kenny

Donstuie wrote:
But....but....

1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
(is it annoying yet?)
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
1 win all year
etc

So next year nobody will whinge as 2 wins is 100% improvement! Bring on 2019!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 am 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:

gold coast and gws both had 3 and 4 times this many wins in their inaugural seasons.

Essendon**, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

I think injuries have seen us a couple of wins behind what I would've expected, so I see us as being on par with those three teams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Essendon***, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

I think injuries have seen us a couple of wins behind what I would've expected, so I see us as being on par with those three teams.
My comparison is Melbourne.

We are getting too easily sucked in by the word "rebuild" and not looking at what is actually happening on-field. People think it's just going all happen and are comfortable with it. We are actually supposed to get better. Last year 6 wins as well as leading 7 times in last qtrs you could easily expect 8-9 wins. After all when Melbourne rebuilt again under Neeld they had 2 wins. They went from that to 4 to 7 to 10 wins in the 3 years under Paul Roos. We've gone 7, 6 and 1. I know we've have had plenty of injuries, which means a few less wins, but no way should we have been on the threshold of a winless season. We've won 2 games in the last 26. That's more than simply injuries. That is garbage pure and simple. Only got to look on-field to see things aren't exactly right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
Okay, so first Essendon**** have to make finals - currently they sit 12th - so this year they are no closer to winning a flag than we are - remember when we flogged them in the finals - were we closer to winning a flag than them? Not so far (we are still both searching for it). Remember when we also beat Richmond - were we closer than them - No. they have won a flag since then , we have not.

Being closer is a perception supporters cling to but its not a reality. I'll accept a side making regular top 4 finishes is closer because they are giving themselves regular shots at the flag, but in truth all perceived incarnations of the premiership clock are just fairy tales for supports to dance around to. A side's chances can change swiftly - Bulldogs anyone? Richmond anyone? But they must have a strong, healthy list at the right time of the season, a list that bats deep, (particularly at the moment in midfielders and run and carry players) a coach leading a focused, united team and luck, always a slice of luck.

The only premiership reality is - did your side win the flag? I am willing to bet this year both Essendon**** and Carlton will answer with a no. So who is closer?

If we recruit well, continuing to build this list, if Essendon**** have another year in the middle rung - who is closer then?

Like us, Essendon**** need to keep building their list, like us they need to see their flaws, address them and strive to get better. I accept it's a race, but it's not a sprint (regular top 4 sides might be closer to a sprint) so at this point I have no idea who is closer to a flag them or us, and neither do you.
When you are on the bottom and winning one game with a percentage that could end up below 60%
It is pretty safe to say you are further away from a premiership than any other team.
Unless you are prepared to accept that the other teams will sit on their hands and do nothing and not improve.
Every year every team makes changes to their list .
We at Carlton think that our list changes will some how be much better than everyone else.
It is flawed thinking and it is why the club is in a minor meltdown at the moment.
With everyone from the boot studder to the CEO coming out trying to justify their actions.
We need the Iraqi minister of truth

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Your logic is imbecilic. You assume linear progression or regression every year. How about doing some research and telling us all the ladder positions for any 6 clubs over say a 5 year period. I assure you it won't look like this:

2013 2014 2015 2016 2017

Team A 11th 10th 9th 8th 7th
Team B 5th 4th 3rd 2nd 1st

etc

Spin!

One win. looks at how things are structured on field. After 3 years we have none. There should be some sort of system locked in. We have none. Not to mention some young players going backwards. Don't worry about anything else. If the players get as comfortable as supporters about how we're going because it's a rebuild and we have injuries then we're heading for a world of poor culture and pain. We still might not win alot but at least we look like a football side, as we did last year, instead of a rabble getting thrashed by shit team by 10 goals producing very little effort.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Essendon****, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

We are getting too easily sucked in by the word "rebuild" and not looking at what is actually happening on-field. People think it's just going all happen and are comfortable with it. We are actually supposed to get better. Last year 6 wins as well as leading 7 times in last qtrs you could easily expect 8-9 wins. After all when Melbourne rebuilt again under Neeld they had 2 wins. They went from that to 4 to 7 to 10 wins in the 3 years under Paul Roos. We've gone 7, 6 and 1. I know we've have had plenty of injuries, which means a few less wins, but no way should we have been on the threshold of a winless season. We've won 2 games in the last 26. That's more than simply injuries. That is garbage pure and simple. Only got to look on-field to see things aren't exactly right.

After the off-season everyone expected Carlton to go backwards before they went forwards.
That turns 2017's 6 wins into perhaps 4 wins this season. Add the injury toll, the retreads being forced to play seniors when they were expected to only play NB, the players being forced to play unfamiliar positions and the lack of continuity and what you get is a 1, perhaps 2 win season.

Nobody is saying that injuries are the only reason Carlton is so shit, but you can't simply point to the onfield performance and discount injuries and the snowball effect they generate as being a significant hurdle the club is struggling to overcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
Spin!

One win. looks at how things are structured on field. After 3 years we have none. There should be some sort of system locked in. We have none. Not to mention some young players going backwards. Don't worry about anything else. If the players get as comfortable as supporters about how we're going because it's a rebuild and we have injuries then we're heading for a world of poor culture and pain. We still might not win alot but at least we look like a football side, as we did last year, instead of a rabble getting thrashed by shit team by 10 goals producing very little effort.

A rebuild requires 2 actions, first the pulling down of structure, then the construction of new structure.

We have only done part 1 and just like looking at a house torn down, it's hard to see what the new house will look like. Just like on this site we have some that can look at the plans and see what the new house will look like, however there some who can only see what's been built and can see in its final state.

For those that can't see what our list or game plan will look like, then I'm afraid it's going to be a long few years for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Essendon****, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

I actually think you are 100% incorrect in what you are saying because you are only looking at the results in a linear way.

We should have more wins than last year except for these facts:
1. We traded out an A grade midfielder in an already shallow midfield.
2. Our key defender/play maker was out before the season.
3. Our defence has been decimated my injuries and inconsistent personnel for any game structure or cohesion (this is huge).
4. Our shallow midfield has had Murphy out for most of the season and injuries to Kennedy, Kruezer, Phillips and co. And has been filled by 1st and 2nd year players and depth players.

And if you underestimate the damage injuries can do to a team, especially to the midfield and the effect on winning games, then you only have to look as far as Adelaide.
1. End of Round 17 2017 Adelaide had won 13 games
2. End of Round 17 2018 Adelaide has won 8 games

To me that is a 5 game differential and we are currently 4 games off where we were this time last year when we only had 5 wins.

This is not being sucked into the word "rebuild" this is a solid hard fact of injuries and us playing kids and players that were either meant to be VFL/depth players.

So if you think we should be different to the team that made the Grand final last year and were minor premiers, please enlighten me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm 
formerly King Kenny

jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

Look deeper into context, might help you understand our pattern better.

Start with age profiling and experience on the park.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

Did melbourne have 42 changes to their list over the last 3 years?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Trigger wrote:
jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Essendon*****, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

Did melbourne have 42 changes to their list over the last 3 years?

Fact is they were a basket case and by the 3rd year they got to 10 games. Imagine they would've had a number of changes still. Difference is they had the right coach for the job. Need to stop making excuses for a near winless season. It's an excuse for a 5 win season with the injuries.

We've had a near winless season so far in the THIRD year of our rebuild, injuries or not. What part of that don't people get. If people are comfortable in the spin so the point a near winless season is ok, 2 from the last 26 games, then I'm sure I can get away with selling them swampland by telling them it's prime real estate. I understand where we have come from, in a severe rebuild, and don't expect alot but I expect alot better than the rubbish, confusion, lack of effort we are seeing on the field. We still field a side that is better than what we are showing.

People are so accustomed to losing that they are almost feeling comfortable with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 pm 
Bert Deacon

i know we have a lot of injuries ,but my question for bolts is our game plan .when are we going to change it,the system we have in place atm is no good.Bolts and co need to look at syd or coll with all there injuries they are still winning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:
Spin!

A rebuild requires 2 actions, first the pulling down of structure, then the construction of new structure.

We have only done part 1 and just like looking at a house torn down, it's hard to see what the new house will look like. Just like on this site we have some that can look at the plans and see what the new house will look like, however there some who can only see what's been built and can see in its final state.

For those that can't see what our list or game plan will look like, then I'm afraid it's going to be a long few years for you.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

The Normal One wrote:
jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Essendon*****, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

That same age profile and context won us 6 games last year plus we led 7 times in last qtrs. Year before 7 wins. So it's not an excuse for a near winless season. Spin won't change things in the context of a one win season. As I've said, it's an excuse for a 5 win season and that's with the injuries. Otherwise you'd be expecting even more. Issue is shit coaching. 10 goal losses to 3 shit sides, including a 12 goal to zero half acceptable?

So many gullible people on here. They think a near WINLESS season in the THIRD year of a rebuild is ok.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

jamespul65 wrote:
i know we have a lot of injuries ,but my question for bolts is our game plan .when are we going to change it,the system we have in place atm is no good.Bolts and co need to look at syd or coll with all there injuries they are still winning.

But we are coming from further back than the teams you mentioned, stop using them as an example , it is totally wrong. Bucks took a premiership side to a bunch of incompetents for 7 years. Please!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

jamespul65 wrote:

Carlton's list != Sydney/Collingwood's

Simply put, our depth is so poor that we're simply not as able to withstand the impact of losing key players like other teams. Then you compound that by losing most of the starting back six and ruck options and what you're doing is plugging holes/playing guys out of position.

It's like running a Formula One team where every other team has a garage full of spares if something breaks while you've got a pile of parts from a 1976 Holden Sunbird.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Essendon******, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:

That same age profile and context won us 6 games last year plus we led 7 times in last qtrs. Year before 7 wins. So it's not an excuse for a near winless season. Spin won't change things in the context of a one win season. As I've said, it's an excuse for a 5 win season and that's with the injuries. Otherwise you'd be expecting even more. Issue is shit coaching. 10 goal losses to 3 shit sides, including a 12 goal to zero half acceptable?

So many gullible people on here. They think a near WINLESS season in the THIRD year of a rebuild is ok.

How many wins did you expect this year?
Be honest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 350  Next