Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Plenty of choice.

Like getting a coach who knows what they are doing to develop all these talented young players we have.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
Plenty of choice.

Like getting a coach who knows what they are doing to develop all these talented young players we have.

He knows what he's doing. He just needs the supporters to show a bit of heart and go on the journey with them.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
It just shows where we are in our development. 31 games ago Melbourne lost to Geelong by 111 points.
They had 9 players in their team who were 22 or younger. Names like Petracca, Hogan, Brayshaw, Viney. They didnt wet their pants or go to water. They stayed the course. As should we.
I'd suggest our kids are more talented than theirs. WE just need to get games into them and persist. Yes it's difficult to watch some times but we have no other choice.

:thumbsup:

That all sounds too hard

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

I'm all for teaching and development but what idiot would go back to the plan that has failed us so often this year. The players just get confused and lost. Bolton had a shocker today as did the players. If we finish 1-22 or 2-20 he won't be around but we'll see what happens as the season goes.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Plenty of choice.

He knows what he's doing. He just needs the supporters to show a bit of heart and go on the journey with them.

you don't know that bolton knows what he's doing. Just like i don't.

but shit, what we do know is; in his 3rd year, he's taken a massive step backwards. signs aren't good.

it's not like we played Essendon* off the park last week, we were just less shit than them.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

I’ve got concerns. Our game plan is a huge worry and our players mindset is not what it should be. Both relate to coaching.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
It just shows where we are in our development. 31 games ago Melbourne lost to Geelong by 111 points.
They had 9 players in their team who were 22 or younger. Names like Petracca, Hogan, Brayshaw, Viney. They didnt wet their pants or go to water. They stayed the course. As should we.
I'd suggest our kids are more talented than theirs. WE just need to get games into them and persist. Yes it's difficult to watch some times but we have no other choice.
1 game ago we beat Essendon*
Essendon* in turn went out and beat Geelong.
Geelong will absolutely smack the pants off us next week.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is 3 100 point floggings in a row with Sydney the week after.
But wait Plowman is rated x for defense in the comp
Player x leads the comp in metres gained
Player Y has more pressure acts
Fisher leads the teenagers according to champion data.
It is all just bullshit.
I frankly dont care if Melbourne lost by 111 points 2 years ago as we have been constantly losing by big margins for years.
After the week this team had.
Bolton should have had them pumped to run through brickwalls. We were flat out breaking the banner

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:

We do have choices going forward. We won't be giving players or picks back - so rest assured, nobody wants to go back to not having Dow, Harry and Obrien. We're allowed to keep them.

We delisted several duds and replaced them with duds. We gave up picks current and future for players of the quality we already had on the list for nothing. It's reminiscent of giving up picks for Warnock and McLean.

We've extended contracts on players who have no right playing AFL, but I agree some needed to be retained until the younger players develope.

We now face the problem of young players leaving the club because it's a rabble. Then it's start all over again.

We've got some severe floggings coming in the next few weeks. It's about to get serious.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm 
Garry Crane

get rid of him now the biggest problem is he has not improved us one bit Melbourne was in the
same position as us 4 or 5 years ago took the same path but were at least competive he is clueless

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Just teach them 1 thing this week and that is there is no need for 3 and 4 players to commit to the tackle with 3 on the ground.
One player tackle the others around keep your feet and wait for the ball to spill or be released.
It's amazing how much run and spread you get when you do this.
At present we have 3 and 4 at the contest hoping to wrap the player up on the off chance the ump will pay one of the 6 holding the ball decisions they pay in the game.
Opposition knows when ball in dispute just hang out the ball will come to you

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
1 game ago we beat Essendon**
Essendon** in turn went out and beat Geelong.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is 3 100 point floggings in a row with Sydney the week after.
It is all just bullshit.
I frankly dont care if Melbourne lost by 111 points 2 years ago as we have been constantly losing by big margins for years.
Bolton should have had them pumped to run through brickwalls. We were flat out breaking the banner

I know. Who needs data when we have emotive ramblings.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

again

listen to me
disregard all other things
and the water's only rising
'cos of silt into the sea
and its still cold outside
so how can it get hotter.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
1 game ago we beat Essendon***
Essendon*** in turn went out and beat Geelong.
It is all just bullshit.

I know. Who needs data when we have emotive ramblings.
Sport is emotive and once you come to terms with that the rest just falls into place

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

I look at someone like Jack Darling who went at pick 26 in the 2010 draft (8 picks after Watson) & it becomes pretty clear why we are where we are...
Did I mention Bootsma @ 22 in 2011 instead of a Seb Ross @ 25 or Brad Hill @ 33?
How about Boekhurst @ 19 and the Rainbow @ 28 instead of Mitch McGovern or Toby Mclean

All of those [REDACTED] up decisions in the past mean that we now have zero depth & @#$%&! all quality in the 23-25 age bracket. As a result, as soon as we get a few injuries - let alone the 10 or 11 we have - we're pushing shit up hill. Unfortunately the only way out of the mess created was to trade away experienced players like Henderson, Tuohy & Gibbs and to try and load up on picks.

None of this is Bolts' fault and he deserves a fair crack at it because from where I sit he has been very brave in some of the decisions he and the club have made with the list.

Lets see how we're going at this stage next year with a full list, more games into the young guys and another strong draft hand.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

:clap:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

so all we have to do is get sad

or happy

or perhaps pensive...I like pensive...

forlorn...

brave?????

perhaps we need love...
to be in love
to be loved
to play lovely?

or wrath...a dose of wrath never hurt anyone

yes wrath

I declare we will smite Geelong next week

oh they shall tremble beneath our wrath!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

doofdoof wrote:
I look at someone like Jack Darling who went at pick 26 in the 2010 draft (8 picks after Watson) & it becomes pretty clear why we are where we are...
Did I mention Bootsma @ 22 in 2011 instead of a Seb Ross @ 25 or Brad Hill @ 33?
How about Boekhurst @ 19 and the Rainbow @ 28 instead of Mitch McGovern or Toby Mclean

All of those [REDACTED] up decisions in the past mean that we now have zero depth & @#$%&! all quality in the 23-25 age bracket. As a result, as soon as we get a few injuries - let alone the 10 or 11 we have - we're pushing shit up hill. Unfortunately the only way out of the mess created was to trade away experienced players like Henderson, Tuohy & Gibbs and to try and load up on picks.

None of this is Bolts' fault and he deserves a fair crack at it because from where I sit he has been very brave in some of the decisions he and the club have made with the list.

Lets see how we're going at this stage next year with a full list, more games into the young guys and another strong draft hand.
Watson might have been a champ if he went elsewhere.
Darling would most likely have been delisted if he came to carlton.
When we people learn that it is not who we pick that is the problem.
It is what we do to them when they arrive. Ronke says hello
These kids nominating for the draft are 60 to 70 kids out of 10's of thousands wanting to play.
We think we need pick 1 but reality is any of these in the draft are in the top 0.5% of all playing.
They are the pick of the crop.
We don't develop them when they come. We have no one to guide them .We provide buģger all protection.
Tell them we are on a journey and just come for the ride and there is a pot of gold at the end of it.
Don't waste your time looking at who we could have picked look at what we have done to this kids when they arrive.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

Watson was 23 when we delisted him
If he was any good someone could have picked him up and turned him into the "champ"
Anyway, wrong thread for this

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
doofdoof wrote:

Watson might have been a champ if he went elsewhere.
Darling would most likely have been delisted if he came to carlton.
When we people learn that it is not who we pick that is the problem.
It is what we do to them when they arrive. Ronke says hello
These kids nominating for the draft are 60 to 70 kids out of 10's of thousands wanting to play.
We think we need pick 1 but reality is any of these in the draft are in the top 0.5% of all playing.
They are the pick of the crop.
We don't develop them when they come. We have no one to guide them .We provide buģger all protection.
Tell them we are on a journey and just come for the ride and there is a pot of gold at the end of it.
Don't waste your time looking at who we could have picked look at what we have done to this kids when they arrive.

Guys like Charlie Curnow and McKay aren’t all that far behind Darling. Good players are good players. Doesn’t matter who they play for. “Development” is a cliché.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

Weitering and SPS could prove to be our latest disasters if we don't coach them properly. Fisher and Cripps might be our next Gibbs if we don't start seeing progress. That's what we're dealing with here. There's a reason Bolts isn't on a structured contract.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 350  Next