Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Scotty12000 wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:
I’ve been on board but sheesh, my patience is well and truly tried. Where is any semblance of progress?

Most weeks except this week and Norf.

It's almost as though young lists without much cohesion and still developing are inconsistent week to week.

Ever had kids or worked with them?

Well that's slave labour

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just realised Stocker had the second most possessions for Carlton, tied with Walsh. That's good for those two but an indictment on the likes of Sammo, Fish etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Just read that Port had 9 players yesterday with less than 10 games experience

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I would give Bolton till the end of year.

If we win a minimum of 5 for the year ... I'd give him another year.

If not ... (and we can't get Clarkson) ... Then ... Come home Brett Ratten! :grin:

(Has Robert Walls been too long out of the game to take over as Coach? ... Would we want him? Would he be interested?)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:43 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Difference is their kids don’t play as starting midfielders. They have Boak and Rockliff as senior bodies taking the load and setting the standard required.

We have Murphy who was abysmal yesterday, the injury just deflected how ineffective he is these days as a player. It may be the coaches choice to play him as an outside player, but seriously he is a mature body that should be taking the heat inside or retire.

We have Ed Curnow who is totally wasted across half forward and offers nothing a kid can’t do playing there, again this is the coaches choice.

We will not win a game after the bye the way these kids are getting beaten up, as they will be stuffed. They already look stuffed, hence the poor results staring to emerge.

4 weeks time we’ll see where this club sits. That’s when judgement day comes from me.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

KERRIDGE!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm 
Craig Bradley

BigBlueWave wrote:
I would give Bolton till the end of year.

If we win a minimum of 5 for the year ... I'd give him another year.

If not ... (and we can't get Clarkson) ... Then ... Come home Brett Ratten! :grin:

(Has Robert Walls been too long out of the game to take over as Coach? ... Would we want him? Would he be interested?)

5 would give us next year like this year and the last.

I'm just happy to cut the losses and get on with the next step.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Normal One wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Difference is their kids don’t play as starting midfielders. They have Boak and Rockliff as senior bodies taking the load and setting the standard required.

We have Murphy who was abysmal yesterday, the injury just deflected how ineffective he is these days as a player. It may be the coaches choice to play him as an outside player, but seriously he is a mature body that should be taking the heat inside or retire.

We have Ed Curnow who is totally wasted across half forward and offers nothing a kid can’t do playing there, again this is the coaches choice.

We will not win a game after the bye the way these kids are getting beaten up, as they will be stuffed. They already look stuffed, hence the poor results staring to emerge.

4 weeks time we’ll see where this club sits. That’s when judgement day comes from me.

Yes, good points

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:37 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Is Wallsy allowed any media duties? Would love to be a fly on the wall when he’s speaking with Bolton.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

What I can’t understand is this whole reluctance to make any positional changes even when things aren’t working, or like yesterday going terribly.

I think the logic is exposing the young guys to the bigger roles as a way of speeding up their progress.

Now you can do that some of the time, but it makes no sense when we have no bigger bodies to support Cripps in the midfield. We insist playing Murph and Ed Curnow out of the coalface and we don’t even move Charlie or SOS in there (well SOS once we were 75 points down).

I thought the plan was to get more help for Cripps, not less! He currently has less help than at any stage of his career the way we setup

I mean there is coaching for the future and just not being reactive and being stupid. In this fictional 2023 time when Dow, Walsh, Stocker, Fisher, Setterfield, SPS etc are top line players, do we never move them if things aren’t going well? Isn’t there a need for different plans?

The only logic I can think of is this has been clearly explained to the board by the coaching staff that their in full on teaching/development mode and their happy to go with it.

If they continue doing what their doing though, we will be lucky to win another game. Whether the club want to wear that and are convinced there will be a payoff down the track, remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Adam Chatfield wrote:
What I can’t understand is this whole reluctance to make any positional changes even when things aren’t working, or like yesterday going terribly.

I think the logic is exposing the young guys to the bigger roles as a way of speeding up their progress.

Now you can do that some of the time, but it makes no sense when we have no bigger bodies to support Cripps in the midfield. We insist playing Murph and Ed Curnow out of the coalface and we don’t even move Charlie or SOS in there (well SOS once we were 75 points down).

I thought the plan was to get more help for Cripps, not less! He currently has less help than at any stage of his career the way we setup

I mean there is coaching for the future and just not being reactive and being stupid. In this fictional 2023 time when Dow, Walsh, Stocker, Fisher, Setterfield, SPS etc are top line players, do we never move them if things aren’t going well? Isn’t there a need for different plans?

The only logic I can think of is this has been clearly explained to the board by the coaching staff that their in full on teaching/development mode and their happy to go with it.

If they continue doing what their doing though, we will be lucky to win another game. Whether the club want to wear that and are convinced there will be a payoff down the track, remains to be seen.

I’m happy to keep doing that, only if it means having to listen to Gil McLaclan come up with an explanation as to why we don’t qualify for a first round priority pick despite only winning 4 games in two seasons.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by AGRO on Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

How good would it be to wind up with pick 1 :lol:

They won’t give us a priority pick for that reason.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

That would be bloody funny if it happened :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:

And we pick the Kid Adelaide want!!! That would be fantastic!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:

:lol:

Special Assistance Rule - 19.2:

At the conclusion of the Home and Away matches in each Football Year, the Commission may determine in its absolute discretion that a club is entitled to one or more priority selections at the next occurring National Draft Selection meeting. Such right to one or more priority draft selections shall be exercisable during the Draft as directed by the Commission.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:10 am 
Bruce Doull

2ndeffort wrote:
CK95 wrote:

And we pick the Kid Adelaide want!!! That would be fantastic!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 am 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Special Assistance Rule - 19.2:

At the conclusion of the Home and Away matches in each Football Year, the Commission may determine in its absolute discretion that a club is entitled to one or more priority selections at the next occurring National Draft Selection meeting. Such right to one or more priority draft selections shall be exercisable during the Draft as directed by the Commission.

Maybe getting the priority was conditional on making last years deaft more exciting for tv.

Hey SOS, this draft is boring, you’ll be shit again next year....nudge, nudge, wink, wink

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:33 am 
John Nicholls

The meedya and the entire footy world will fume if we get a priority pick.

Perhaps more importantly, the Scott brothers and "Clarko" will have their say and it goes nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Well either “we are shit” or we are “shit by design” - they can’t have it both ways.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:58 am 
Rod McGregor

Sam Mitchell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 350  Next