Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Seriously, who gives a shit?
Lose next week and it is the worst start to a season ever
Thats right since 1897

I give a shit
I don't buy the rebuild line we are being fed

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:18 pm 
Horrie Clover

Donstuie wrote:

:grin:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Thats right since 1897

I give a shit

Clearly. But in all this BS I'm yet to read a single alternative. I'm all ears for how or problems can instantly go away.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:38 pm 
Robert Walls

The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Good God we all have passion
We have had the worst start to a season since 89
Bit of reality please

And the youngest team we've ever put on the field.
A bit of perspective please.

Ahhhh, at an average age of 24 and 9 months, not even close. The R1 team was younger.

Rowe, Simpson and Thomas are considered outliers.

Try taking the median age rather than the mean age. That will give you a fairer picture

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

You have to admit, it's a pretty pathetic start to a season.....regardless of a 're-build' or not. Since the 25th June 2017 we have won 1 game....by 7 points. 1 game in 15.

It's actually more than pathetic.

But at least the game plan seemed to change a little last night.

Was that supporter/media pressure that drove those changes? Would Harry have played if not for that 'pressure'?

Who knows, but we must see a better effort this week or, IMO, Bolts is in trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Dream on. Bolton is doing exactly what the club have requested. Rebuild with youth and get games into them.
He's as safe as houses.
For the first team in living memory the club have the guts to strip it back and build a team capable of sustained success. They won't let a few whinging supporters deter them from the challenge.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

99prelim wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Good God we all have passion
We have had the worst start to a season since 89
Bit of reality please

And the youngest team we've ever put on the field.
A bit of perspective please.

Ahhhh, at an average age of 24 and 9 months, not even close. The R1 team was younger.

Rowe, Simpson and Thomas are considered outliers.

Try taking the median age rather than the mean age. That will give you a fairer picture

In that case, do the same for every other team and get the same result.

Any age in the mid 24s is not overly young. Anywhere around 70 games experience is pretty close to being competitive with top sides and able to winaround 1/3.

The Bullfrogs are a team of babies so there's nowhere to hide if we get an arse kicking this week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
Dream on. Bolton is doing exactly what the club have requested. Rebuild with youth and get games into them.
He's as safe as houses.

I don't want him sakced - I want him to win games and go on to win a flag. I've been a fan since day 1. A #1 draft pick has been dropped for poor form. Either the recruiters got it wrong, or something has happened to his development.

No need for people to get upset - these are just opinions about the team we all love. Please don't take this shit personally.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:59 pm 
Robert Walls

Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Thats right since 1897

I give a shit

You must have the memory of a gold fish cause you keep telling us over and over and over and over and over

Since the line above wouldve taken you a few seconds to read, I'd like to remind you that you don't buy the rebuild line you are being fed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:12 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Vain wrote:
He's as safe as houses.
For the first team in living memory the club have the guts to strip it back and build a team capable of sustained success. They won't let a few whinging supporters deter them from the challenge.
:clap:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
He's as safe as houses.

I don't want him sakced - I want him to win games and go on to win a flag. I've been a fan since day 1. A #1 draft pick has been dropped for poor form. Either the recruiters got it wrong, or something has happened to his development.

Luke Hodge was dropped numerous times in his first 3 years. Was the recruitment or the development an issue in his case?
Tom Boyd, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paddy McCartin, Jack Watts, Tom Scully etc etc etc. They've all had moments in their development where they've lost form or stagnated. Weitering is a 20 year old kid playing key defence in a bottom side.
I think you're being over critical or have unrealistic expectations.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Also he's actually injured?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
He's as safe as houses.

Luke Hodge was dropped numerous times in his first 3 years. Was the recruitment or the development an issue in his case?
Tom Boyd, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paddy McCartin, Jack Watts, Tom Scully etc etc etc. They've all had moments in their development where they've lost form or stagnated. Weitering is a 20 year old kid playing key defence in a bottom side.

I'm not at all concerned about the players....I think we've got great players, it's about getting their best footy out of them.

And I'm not a whinger, I don't normally fly off and ask for a coach to be sakced every time we don't win, but I am worried that Bolts is playing to an ideology rather than a solid game strategy. Do the players get the plan? The feeling in the stands and in living rooms is they don't know what the @#$%&! they're doing - then, they get dropped because they've had their confidence shredded by a game-style that they can't pick up.

Are they too young for this game-style? If so, why not let them enjoy their footy for another year or so, THEN develop the @#$%&! off plan to win us 8 flags in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:18 am 
Rod Ashman

The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
He's as safe as houses.

I'm not at all concerned about the players....I think we've got great players, it's about getting their best footy out of them.

And I'm not a whinger, I don't normally fly off and ask for a coach to be sakced every time we don't win, but I am worried that Bolts is playing to an ideology rather than a solid game strategy. Do the players get the plan? The feeling in the stands and in living rooms is they don't know what the @#$%&! they're doing - then, they get dropped because they've had their confidence shredded by a game-style that they can't pick up.

Are they too young for this game-style? If so, why not let them enjoy their footy for another year or so, THEN develop the @#$%&! off plan to win us 8 flags in a row.

It's simply the game plan was changed and they played better footy.
They defended better, they had attacking options and even the young ones got the footy and showed off their skill.
They can spin it any way they want to justify their alleged staunch support for the incumbent.
We care about the progress of the team and we all saw the regression in the first four rounds.
We are also glad they had the guts to adjust and now we go again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

i only watched highlights from the weekend's game. so correct me if i'm wrong.

but defensively it looked like we abandoned that loose, funky zone crap we'd been persisting with the first 4 rounds? players were tighter on their man. it means it's harder to breakout and spread bcos everyone is closer to their man; but considering with that funky zone we played, no one was running or spreading anyway, it makes much more sense.

i think if you shined the light through bolton's soundbites and crap cliches, he'd be the first to admit he got it badly wrong in the first 4 rounds with strategy. that loose zone structure, even if you had the cattle of gws or the cats, you'd struggle to defend capably let alone aggressively when your defenders are soaking up space, not an opponent.

i'm not sure why bolton changed his gameday strategy. i've heard murphy led a players revolt against the slow movement defensive first tactics, to the board told him to play more positive (fan friendly) footy to none of the above, bolton just started tinkering and was told not to after the hideous Norf game.

not sure which to believe, but i'm glad we were back to that harder nosed, more accountable brand of footy. i don't care much about the not scoring over 100pts. every team which has won a flag in the last decade has done it with a team-defence-first set up and attitude.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 am 
Craig Bradley

Agree Weitering will be fine just a 20 year old key position player in a bit of a rut playing in the worst team in the AFL

Noticeable is the lack of form at the moment of Burton NRS at the Hawks dropped the other week likely to be suspended this week -can't get near the ball and is playing in a good team

Last year was the best thing since sliced bread and they had done it again etc etc

Happens with young players problem in my view was Weitering had too good a first season was the swing man last season and has plateaued ATM will rise again
Still think he will be an excellent footballer at Carlton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 am 
Bruce Doull

Good point, where’s all the media attention about Burton’s drop in effectiveness?

Granted, his team is winning, but if anything that makes it less of an excuse on his part.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Good point, where’s all the media attention about Burton’s drop in effectiveness?

Granted, his team is winning, but if anything that makes it less of an excuse on his part.
We have a couple of others taken the same year as Weitering that are struggling at the moment.
I suppose if you are pick 1 you tend to attract more attention

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:27 am 
formerly King Kenny

Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
A single player - will depend on the player.

A team - will get better if it has the basis of talent

Dow
O'Brien
Curnow
Fisher
Marchbank
Mckay
Ploughman
SPS
Cunningham
Williamson
Mcreadie
Cripps
Garlett
Pickett
SOS
LeBois

Collectively will get better - all of them? No but there is a lot of talent there, so enough, more than enough.
I feel this is the difference from the time we brought Judd in. We actually didn't have the spread, we acted too soon and wasted a perfect chance to build because we were impatient. (Also recruitment was shambolic - Maclean...)

This time we are trying to select a real spread of talent, of depth and they will need to play and grow

and they need a better captain

and a few more peices - but overall I think this time is better than under Ratts or the disaster that was Malthouse. Under Ratts we moved too quickly - The whole club. Then MM and now we understand...I am gratful for that - bit like once you recover from an illness and develop immunity, MM gave us the illness we needed.

Some things just take time but if you get them right, then for a long time things won't take so much time. That is the lesson i feel we have finally learnt.
Walker
Russel
Murphy
Gibbs
Judd
Yarren
Kruezer
Grigg
Hampson
Stevens
Carrazzo
Bower
Waite
Fevola
Simpson
Betts
Jamison

2009 playing list
Far more potential than what we have now

What happened Danny

You had established players galore in that team, a superstar forward, best midfielder in the game etc.

Potential is what we have now, not back then. We had expectations in 2009.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 350  Next