Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

bluechampion wrote:
Hi Dodo - not taking the piss, but here's info about the board - https://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/board

In relation to the board...

MARK LOGIUDICE - PRESIDENT - on the board since 2010
JEANNE PRATT AC - VICE PRESIDENT - on the board since 2011
LUKE SAYERS - on the board since 2012
CRAIG MATHIESON - on the board since 2012
CHRIS JUDD - on the board since 2017
DAVID CAMPBELL - on the board since 2018
PATTY KINNERSLY - on the board since 2018

In a philosophical sense being on the board should have a 10-year term limit, yes?
So effectively the club has gone backwards on field since MLG became president.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

At this rate, I’m expected Doc to post my long lost baby photos :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

MPH78 wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

MPH78 wrote:
Appreciate the wishes everyone, cheers.

Hard not to wonder what has broken down internally over the last month or so. It was rather stark.

If possible, would love OR or any other insider to shed some further light on this please?

The turning point was the player only meeting post GWS.

A major discussion point was that coaching was too prescriptive and players felt they were being over coached. A few openly said how they really felt.

BB hadn't lost the players at that stage but they were questioning the approach. Some could clearly see the end of their AFL career being a miserable slog if things continued on same path.

Many players felt they weren't able to play with any freedom & they expressed this.

No surprise at all that one of them enthusiastically embraced the charity event a few days later.

Interesting response / reaction to a separate senior player by BB shortly after that.

Also BB wasn't pleased with how the start of this meeting was portrayed in the media.

Need to reiterate that BB hadn't lost the players, but signs were developing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 pm 
Ken Hands

redback wrote:
I can't believe some of you are still defending him, he failed he's not the first and he won't be the last. The issue that astounds me is that you would like to plonk along the same embarrassing path as the last few years holding on for dear life. The issues were blatantly obvious to the few who could see through the mind numbing trodden out lines of the establishment to the religious believers.
The major plan is still there but we needed to adjust is slightly to get the results that are required, and good on them for having the balls to do that. Bolton won 3 in forty odd, FMD. The players had enough of the bullshit game plan. The administration gave him a go but he wasn't up to it and he had to make way before the players were broken or damaged.
We should be happy. We need to go forward as a club, he had his shot and had ample time, next.

Thank you.

And everyone feeling bad or sorry for him because he’s a nice guy and was so nice and tearing up in the press conference. I mean, cut the crap. This is elite level football, a brutal and RUTHLESS industry. This isn’t a school carnival where all the kids get participation awards, this is a serious, results oriented business where the only thing that is rewarded are wins, and lots of wins.

No doubt he’s a nice guy and motivated etc. but he was clearly not up to it nd the change needed to be made.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ockham's Razor wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Hard not to wonder what has broken down internally over the last month or so. It was rather stark.

If possible, would love OR or any other insider to shed some further light on this please?

A major discussion point was that coaching was too prescriptive and players felt they were being over coached. A few openly said how they really felt.

BB hadn't lost the players at that stage but they were questioning the approach. Some could clearly see the end of their AFL career being a miserable slog if things continued on same path.

Many players felt they weren't able to play with any freedom & they expressed this.

No surprise at all that one of them enthusiastically embraced the charity event a few days later.

Interesting response / reaction to a separate senior player by BB shortly after that.

Also BB wasn't pleased with how the start of this meeting was portrayed in the media.

Cheers as always OR :thumbsup:

Hopefully the shackles can be released starting Sat.

Do you know the mood of the playing group now? How are they taking everything?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

The Duke wrote:
I know several posters say Bolton had nothing to do with the sakcing and recruiting of mature players, but I know that's absolute BS. A senior coach has a big say in who stays, who comes and who goes.

As has been pointed out clearly in the last 24 hours, many of those decisions have been the cause of his demise. He cut too hard and brought in spuds.

:thanks:

I don’t know how many times I can say it but coaches have a very big say in trading and recruiting mature players from other clubs. Very, very much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MPH78 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ockham's Razor wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Let’s see if this all translates to more freedom and joyous playing style over the back half of the season.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DocSherrin III wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Mum, we need to talk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Duke wrote:
I know several posters say Bolton had nothing to do with the sakcing and recruiting of mature players, but I know that's absolute BS. A senior coach has a big say in who stays, who comes and who goes.

As has been pointed out clearly in the last 24 hours, many of those decisions have been the cause of his demise. He cut too hard and brought in spuds.

You have no idea!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:11 am 
Bruce Doull

Ockham's Razor wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

*cough* Kade Simpson *cough*

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:38 am 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
I' m not assuming we'll win any games. I just know Bolts was no longer the man. As for Crippa being devastated, really? I must have been watching different footage. Both he and Doc showed respect but I thought they looked relieved. If you don't think they were consulted at some stage about this I reckon you are nutsy unicorns.
The club is moving forward.
Plenty to get excited about.

Wasn't this the whole reason you wanted BB sacked, to win games?

Then you probably need to re-watch it if you don't think both him and Doc were effected.

Maybe Crippa did know before Sunday and was the reason he got outplayed by a kid. This week will be telling for all the team with their response from this and what effect it really has.

At the moment I don't feel your positivity that we are moving forward, no more than if BB was still coach. Especially seeing the replacement options we have available for this point in our development, unless we can get Clarkson.

What's the next step from here then?

Perhaps fold the club? Effective immediately?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 am 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

*cough* Kade Simpson *cough*

pretty narrow field for this though, wasn't it....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:37 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Not surprising some were uncomfortable being uncomfortable :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:45 am 
Craig Bradley

Thanks for the update OR. Our group of Carlton tragics were thinking much the same thing about that meeting. If it was brutal, then there was bound to be brutal feedback about style, game plan etc.
As Roos said on Monday night, “after 4 years what’s our brand?”. And sadly, no one knows.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:15 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Ockham's Razor wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Reads to me like a couple of senior players were undermining the coach leaving Cripps and the young guys totally confused .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

I can't help but feel SOS and Bolts had a somewhat strained relationship.

This moment reiterated that for me.Image

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

What was the moment that iterated it?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:49 am 
Vale 1953-2020

:grin:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344 ... 350  Next