Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Most people who lose their job struggle for a while.
I can imagine losing a high profile job like this in one of the biggest exposed industry in Australia would be hard to take.
But like every thing with Bolton the cliches and one liners often come home to roost. In the weeks leading up to his sacking he said on numerous occasions he knew the caper and knew that his job was on the line.

I feel for the bloke but won't miss his weekly BS that he trotted out.

Classic case of someone being out of his depth and bullshit got him into a position he wasn't capable of doing.

Lesson for Bolton know your limits then the let down is not so great.
I am sure there is a job waiting for him at one of these motivational companies where they encourage teams to sit round in circles singing Kum bai Ah

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

A bit harsh SB,
My take was that Bolts was brought in to teach and establish 'youth' into a football team. The way players still refer to him, perhaps he was successful at that?... Time will still tell.
I'm guessing when he ws being interviewed, phase 2..game plan to get into and wins finals would have been further down the list of what the candidates are good at... That's where the BS comes in, but no one was probably locked onto that aspect anyway....

As for life after footy for BB, isn't he involved in the Tassie scoping project with Rooey? Hope he enjoys some time with his kids, he'll no doubt get involved with a club soon enough and in twenty years time he'll think 'I can't believe I was at home with the kids back then!'

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 pm 
Bob Chitty

kezza wrote:
There is article on the AFL website about Bolton.
Docherty did a radio interview today and mentioned that Bolts is struggling a bit.
The coaches association have made contact to offer any support.
I think the club did the right thing and it is amazing how quickly we moved on from him.
Hope he is okay and gets the necessary support he needs.

I am very ok with his appointment and he laid a good foundation. I was never sure if he could take us too far and obviously the club thought that this year. The drop off was sudden.
I am really grateful for the values he instilled in our players.
I'm sure there must be incredible disappointment and questioning but he was great for us - until he wasn't.
I absolutely wish him the best, fwiw.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
BigKev wrote:

What does concern me though is not repeating the past. We went through a "rigorous process" to choose Bolts. I took this to mean that he had to do a lot of Power Point presentations and the like to the committee and impress them with his "business plan" for improving on-field performance. He was the best at it.

Fascinating insight.
Perhaps if we just pick some names out of a hat, we'll get a better outcome. Or maybe we could just auction the job off on eBay? Hell, Geoffrey Edelston could be the next man up.

That is so sexist BV.
What about Bri Edelston eh?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

billc3 wrote:
A bit harsh SB,
My take was that Bolts was brought in to teach and establish 'youth' into a football team. The way players still refer to him, perhaps he was successful at that?... Time will still tell.
I'm guessing when he ws being interviewed, phase 2..game plan to get into and wins finals would have been further down the list of what the candidates are good at... That's where the BS comes in, but no one was probably locked onto that aspect anyway....

As for life after footy for BB, isn't he involved in the Tassie scoping project with Rooey? Hope he enjoys some time with his kids, he'll no doubt get involved with a club soon enough and in twenty years time he'll think 'I can't believe I was at home with the kids back then!'

Go Blues
You are in a job in the top 1% of money earners in Australia and you get sacked for not performing and I'm being harsh - please

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:46 am 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
There is article on the AFL website about Bolton.
Docherty did a radio interview today and mentioned that Bolts is struggling a bit.
The coaches association have made contact to offer any support.
I think the club did the right thing and it is amazing how quickly we moved on from him.
Hope he is okay and gets the necessary support he needs.

I've been thinking about this too and wondering how he's coping with the positivity the club has attracted in the last couple of weeks, and that most of that is being attributed to Teague freeing up the players etc.

For all the talk of the footy industry being great in times of need there's another story showing the reverse to be true.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
A bit harsh SB,

Go Blues
You are in a job in the top 1% of money earners in Australia and you get sacked for not performing and I'm being harsh - please

Harsh about the 'Kum bah yah' bit.

I'm sure he has plenty to contribute (as he clearly was doing before we picked him up), just that he'll likely 'stick to his knitting' which is probably developing and guiding young players.
Still... Good luck to him either way... I didn't see BB do the 'my way or all out destruction ' tactics of other coaches we've had (hi, Den and Mick)

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Anyone disagree with sacking the Bolt now? :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

I genuinely hope he's enjoying what the boys are producing right now.

Something tells me he isn't.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Did a lot of the hard yards with the list, but obviously got a bit lost and fixated on the future rather than the now along with way/
I for one aren't going to stick the boots in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:43 pm 
Ken Hands

One has to wonder where we would be if we had a new coach from round 1.

Was lucky to hang on to his job given we had won 3 of 30 at the end of 2018.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:

I’m wondering why you think he isn’t? Or is it just a hunch?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Maybe he got too comfortable being uncomfortable

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

CFC8795 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Just a hunch.

If I were in Bolts' shoes I'd be jealous as @#$%&!.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:55 pm 
Robert Walls

SPS_5 wrote:
One has to wonder where we would be if we had a new coach from round 1.

Was lucky to hang on to his job given we had won 3 of 30 at the end of 2018.

This is just my gut feel but I reckon BB had opportunities to make some changes (either feedback from the senior players, other coaches, Walls, Liddle, Lloyd etc)

I get the impression that he wouldnt budge on his beliefs and it reached a tipping point

If this is the case (and once again, I'm just guessing), then reflection, flexibility and situational awareness were not his strongest traits. That really paints a dark picture about his attributes as a leader

Not going to sink the boots in but he may well have played a big part in his own downfall...a part that he could have arrested a long time ago

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Just a hunch.

If I were in Bolts' shoes I'd be jealous as @#$%&!.

Fair enough.
Teague could have won 5 out 5.
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Forget training wheels at least have played the bloody caper.
In Teague we trust.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

A bit harsh in my view someone will reap the rewards of all Boltons selfless efforts

Will be remembered more fondly for his contribution as the years go by

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

frank dardew wrote:
A bit harsh in my view someone will reap the rewards of all Boltons selfless efforts

Will be remembered more fondly for his contribution as the years go by

Nobody with that record will be remembered positively. Perhaps for all the wrong reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Maybe Sedat can tell us whether the W/L record is ever raised when discussing McCartney?

#GUILTY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348 ... 350  Next