Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Always felt we should've kept Buckley in the back pocket, that was where he first locked down a senior spot and got that rising star nomination. Instead they tried to turn him into a small forward again and then out of the team when it didn't work once again. Funny how they do that. Don't think he'd be the difference between a wooden spoon and finals though...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Steve_C7 wrote:
The Duke wrote:
We're 5-10 years behind the movement of clubs like Essendon**** and North - which is terrifying!! Not only do you not need to 'bottom out' anymore, it's now a completely dumb and outdated strategy.

There is no strategy to bottom out, we are simply cutting dead wood from out list which to be fair has allot more of it than most other teams.

The Duke wrote:
Essendon**** will get another couple of good kids plus a free agent or two and have the base to grow for a flag.... while we're still trying to determine whether Bolton can actually coach :banghead: .

How did Essendon** go when they lost 12 players due to doping?

Pretty similar year to us, yet they could plan for it and the AFL gave them replacements in seasoned mature bodies to play out the season so that they still have a full squad at their disposal.

I don't think that Bolts had a great year from a coaching aspect, but I think he did a great job in keeping the team spirit up, bonding as a group and fostering camaraderie that will hold us in great stead in future years.

Or how have Collingwood gone. Despite a horrific run of injury they went up 9 places. Injuries are no excuse for a poor game plan, poor structure, total inability to move and use the ball to set up out players in the F50. If you saw sembelence of that then you might be seeing some progress but we see none of that. We are so poorly drilled that we got smashed u goals to 1 in a qtr by a side with 16 men. We sacked Ratten on the back of "only" 11 wins from 21 games due to a horrible injury run but it's ok to keep this bloke after 2 wins and a year we have gone nowhere with our onfield system. Ratten's been available too yet we keep Bolton. Like to see Ratts with SOS rather than that dud Wayne Hughes. We could well have pushed no.17.

The biggest killer though has been the total lack of effort and pressure in many games. 3 x 100pt defeats, embarrassing thrashings by bottom sides. That's a lack of respect for the coach. Once you've lost that then you're done. We were defined by our pressure according to Bolton. That's gone. But hey, let's keep him. Wish Ratts got the same leniency.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
Or how have Collingwood gone. Despite a horrific run of injury they went up 9 places. Injuries are no excuse for a poor game plan, poor structure, total inability to move and use the ball to set up out players in the F50. If you saw sembelence of that then you might be seeing some progress but we see none of that. We are so poorly drilled that we got smashed u goals to 1 in a qtr by a side with 16 men.

Firstly, we didn't get smashed by 16 players. They had 16 players for less than 1 minute. We've reiterated this 20 times to you but it doesn't seem to get through your thick @#$%&! head. I'm sure this is just an exercise in trolling.

Secondly, have a look at Collingwood beyond the superficial media rantings. 9 out of the top 10 in their 2017 Copeland Trophy have averaged more than 19.5 games this year. That's less than 2.5 games missed on average by 9 of their 10 best players. Does that sound like a "horrific run of injury"? By any measure, no.

FFS, this stuff is just bullshit and no matter how many times you recycle it, it's still bullshit. We've got plenty of stuff to be disappointed about. There's no need to add lies to the equation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

'Ding'
:fight:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If there's anyone in here easier to wind up other than good old blue vain, i haven't met them yet.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Nah, I only fire up when posters bullshit in an effort to bag the club. As I said, there's plenty to be concerned about. Why add lies into the equation? And to make matters worse, Jim has been told numerous times he's factually wrong yet he continues to come up with the same garbage. It's simply trolling IMO. If some of the moderators actually pulled him up instead of sooking when I do, the problem would be solved.

Apart from that, I'm quite placid. Read the match day and post match threads. That's where you see posters really fire up. I'm usually the one adding the positive spin. :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:16 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Vain wrote:
Nah, I only fire up when posters bullshit in an effort to bag the club. As I said, there's plenty to be concerned about. Why add lies into the equation? And to make matters worse, Jim has been told numerous times he's factually wrong yet he continues to come up with the same garbage. It's simply trolling IMO. If some of the moderators actually pulled him up instead of sooking when I do, the problem would be solved.

Apart from that, I'm quite placid. Read the match day and post match threads. That's where you see posters really fire up. I'm usually the one adding the positive spin. :cool:
:thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

This is true. :grin:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 am 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:

:thumbsup:

Sounds like poor old jim is punching too many Steins and having posting flashbacks over there in Germany.

Plus everyone should be happy, it's the best time of the year as the ladder gets turned upside down and we are on the top.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

Does Paul Roos want to coach again?

He understands the fundamentals of football, such as not having four players start on the wing and having two players in f50.

Maybe Bolton has a plan? Not sure what it is though.

Maybe I am just an ignorant peasant who doesn’t understand the subtleties of losing by 120 points week after week. All part of a master plan? Blame it on an injury to Docherty? Not sure.
Bolton seems like a nice bloke, not sure football is in the nice bloke industry though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:

He understands the fundamentals of football, such as not having four players start on the wing and having two players in f50.

Maybe I am just an ignorant peasant who doesn’t understand the subtleties of losing by 120 points week after week. All part of a master plan? Blame it on an injury to Docherty? Not sure.
Bolton seems like a nice bloke, not sure football is in the nice bloke industry though.

The same Paul Roos who lost his last game as coach by 111 points?
2 years later, Melbourne are in the finals. Nice bloke Bolton will turn it around quickly with a half decent list next year and a reasonable run of available players.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

The same Paul Roos who lost his last game as coach by 111 points?
2 years later, Melbourne are in the finals. Nice bloke Bolton will turn it around quickly with a half decent list next year and a reasonable run of available players.

If the 111 point loss came after a 10 win season, at this point, I'd be over. The @#$%&!. Moon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

I have grave reservations about Bolton and fear if we do not make a change soon we will delay development of our kids by another 12 months. Our list and off field structure are taking shape, coaching and development and injury management remain massive issues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

There is a lot of criticism of posters who are questioning the coaching and development. Where the argument that it is injuries and the youth and inexperienced players as to why we only won 2 games.
Posters saying give it 2 to 3 years and when our youth matures we will be flying.
The very fact we could only manage 1 player in the AFLPA under 22 team might suggest we might be looking at this through navy blue glasses

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1 ... 9a957f4138

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 am 
Bruce Doull

I believe the reasons why our young players collectively haven't been able to perform as well as those at other teams has been explained on many occasions.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
I believe the reasons why our young players collectively haven't been able to perform as well as those at other teams has been explained on many occasions.
Yes by Jim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
There is a lot of criticism of posters who are questioning the coaching and development. Where the argument that it is injuries and the youth and inexperienced players as to why we only won 2 games.
Posters saying give it 2 to 3 years and when our youth matures we will be flying.
The very fact we could only manage 1 player in the AFLPA under 22 team might suggest we might be looking at this through navy blue glasses

100%. I think the reality is obvious for people outside the navy haze to identify. Even some of Bolton's strongest supporters have serious doubts that I think they're suppressing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:39 am 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:42 am 
Geoff Southby

The Duke wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

100%. I think the reality is obvious for people outside the navy haze to identify. Even some of Bolton's strongest supporters have serious doubts that I think they're suppressing.

What rubbish!

Proof??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 350  Next