Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:22 pm 
John Nicholls

Steve_C7 wrote:

If you saw the smug face and how quickly Gerrard moved on, tells you that they both knew it was BS and Healy does not want this sh!t stain of a journalist degrading his show.

Unfair to the shit stains to lump them in with that bloke.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
That article by Tom Morris yesterday looked believable to me.

It looked very much like a strategic leak and shot across the Bolton bow.

One thing I'm sure of - and very comfortable with - is the roles of Walls and Russell. They won't let a bad situation fester too long this time.

That article might be exactly what needed to happen.

If you saw the smug face and how quickly Gerrard moved on, tells you that they both knew it was BS and Healy does not want this sh!t stain of a journalist degrading his show.

DON'T GET SUCKED IN

Maybe they all knew this was a strategic leak.

Rexy, you choose to believe Tom The Weasel Morris.

I'll believe its a strategic leak when I know it is from good sources.

The Weasel is a messenger of strategic leaks just as much as Caro, Robbo and Lloyd as far as any one knows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

I have now accepted our place in the grand scheme of things.

We are a distant worst team in the competition from 2018, who have improved, but others have to, and that leaves us a less distant last.

A lot of the angst was many of us thought we would be ahead of at least Gold Coast. We fell for the Vic media ignoring the fact they actually some decent young and established players. Their hardly great but certainly no worse than we were in say 2016.

Looking at our current team I don’t really think we can expect much more.

Most of the guys so highly rated on here are largely off high draft numbers but are painfully inexperienced, who under normal circumstances wouldn’t be expected to play leading roles like they are in our team.

Now the whole Bolts/SOS regime may get us nowhere, but I think whatever direction you took at the end of 2015 you would still not be that great at this point.

Now if we start getting flogged on a regular basis and bolts loses the players, then a chance should come soon. Otherwise can’t really see it happening before the end of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

Dreamed last night we scraped into the finals in 8th with 10 wins, edging out the bombers on %

Beat Richmond comfortably in first final

Beat Pies by 1 in second week

Beat Geelong in Prelim in pouring rain low scoring

Beat GWS in final by 30

I am Blueman, keep an eye on the upcoming war

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
Dreamed last night we scraped into the finals in 8th with 10 wins, edging out the bombers on %

Beat GWS in final by 30

I want some of the stuff you were on before you went to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:

Beat GWS in final by 30

Bring on the war!

Can the real Blueman please stand up!

That is the ultimate wet dream.
Bless the mess.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Uncle Zel wrote:
Reckon what Morris wrote was spot on, but don't think it was in any way prejudicial to Bolton. He should know he needs to change to survive, and if he didn't know before, he does know. Uncle

Seriously. You believe Weasel Morris.
Have a look at him. Sometimes you can judge by the cover.

I bet he spoke with some old bloke whose been a member of Carlton and has the attitude similar to the anti Carlton posters here and wants blood.

I bet no one of importance at Carlton has spoken with that Weasel.

He's a fraud, and like the rest of the team at On The Coach, I ouldn't believe a word he says.

He's looking to hook suckers with his headline. He's got you hooked Uncle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:43 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Bless the mess.

I propose we immediately change this as our season 2019 tagline.

forget #boundbyblue and, usher in #blessthemess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:25 am 
Bruce Doull

Adam Chatfield wrote:

We are a distant worst team in the competition from 2018, who have improved, but others have to, and that leaves us a less distant last.

A lot of the angst was many of us thought we would be ahead of at least Gold Coast. We fell for the Vic media ignoring the fact they actually some decent young and established players. Their hardly great but certainly no worse than we were in say 2016.

Most of the guys so highly rated on here are largely off high draft numbers but are painfully inexperienced, who under normal circumstances wouldn’t be expected to play leading roles like they are in our team.

Now the whole Bolts/SOS regime may get us nowhere, but I think whatever direction you took at the end of 2015 you would still not be that great at this point.

Now if we start getting flogged on a regular basis and bolts loses the players, then a chance should come soon. Otherwise can’t really see it happening before the end of the season.

This is a sad reflection of how far we've fallen as Carlton supporters. There's no fight left in the old dogs.

@#$%&! that!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I won't be satisfied until we've returned to being a full threat to every team in the comp - every single week!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:

Beat GWS in final by 30

I notice even in your dreams you cannot countenance West Coast existing. :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'm not resigned to being crap. You can see the talent is there now. With or without Bolton, we ll get there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dominator_7 wrote:
I'm not resigned to being crap. You can see the talent is there now. With or without Bolton, we ll get there.

Yep ! we got decent cattle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mickstar wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:

Yep ! we got decent cattle.

We've got a great list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:

Beat GWS in final by 30

These are the dreams I’ve been having for 20 years.
Hope your dream comes true.

Ps. I do miss Blueman...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:24 am 
Geoff Southby

The Duke wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

This is a sad reflection of how far we've fallen as Carlton supporters. There's no fight left in the old dogs.

@#$%&! that!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I won't be satisfied until we've returned to being a full threat to every team in the comp - every single week!

I don’t recall saying I was satisfied with where we are at

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:33 am 
Bruce Doull

It suits the narrative to assume those of us who don't rant and rave online, or try to be patient and look at the big picture, pop the champagne everytime we don't get completely thrashed.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:16 am 
Ken Hunter

of course, the world is now about those that complain loudest, those who try to maintain a sense of equilibrium are shouted down - in all aspects of life. It's a shame really, dialogue nowadays is just a glorified selfie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:35 am 
Wayne Johnston

dannyboy wrote:
of course, the world is now about those that complain loudest, those who try to maintain a sense of equilibrium are shouted down - in all aspects of life. It's a shame really, dialogue nowadays is just a glorified selfie.

I think the world has always been this way, the difference now is the village lynch mob has gone global....

Those advocating for a global village forget that the village wasn’t always a nice place.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Adam Chatfield wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

I don’t recall saying I was satisfied with where we are at

I've highlighted the parts where I think you've capitulated. I think our list is mid-table playing well below its capabilities. I'm not satisfied that the list from 2016 has been decimated to the point where other teams have dropped, rebounded and are playing good footy while we bump along the bottom.

Brisbane is now considered a 'destination club' while we're apparently not even close. Fancy that.

Essendon* almost got wiped off the face of the earth and we all laughed. They're list was shit, their coach was shit, their leaders were shit. Who's laughing now?

The next 3 weeks will be telling. I'll cheer on, as usual, hoping like crazy for a win - I will never cheer for loss. Even when we were 'tanking' I was cheering to win. I'd rather be wrong about Bolts than lose a game, but I just can't see him lifting us out of this shit any time soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

There should be more pressure on Brad Scott and Simon Goodwin

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 350  Next