Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:06 am 
Robert Walls

bluegirl72 wrote:
Uncle Zel wrote:
Brendon ‘honourable loss’ Bolton

That is just crap.
Nothing in his presser suggests he isn't hurting every but as much as we are. Nothing he said suggests he is happy with the result.

Agree bg
It was probably his most blunt presser ever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
Anyone outside of the club who reads this thread would think we are all delusional, because some people carry on here like we are a top 4 chance.

We played a good (not great) game yesterday, much better than what I thought we would and in improvement on last week. We were competitive longer, attacked the ball harder and at times we hit the scoreboard (losing Charlie didn't help). But we still have the same issues we have had for the last 3 years of the rebuild, skill errors, lack of experience and being able to stand up for a full game. And I hate to point out the obvious, this is what happens when you rebuild with a bunch of kids that have mostly less than 50 games under their belt.

The only thing that really annoyed me as a supporter yesterday was Murphy, as a long time supporter of him he cost us the game (apart from the deplorable umpiring). For a senior veteran midfielder his disposals were terrible and mainly ineffective. And I hate to say this, but if he is injured (and we are not being told) or just out of form he needs to be dropped back. The main issue for us is that our only senior midfielder who has elite kicking is no longer elite and this will be the difference with us and every team this year. There are a few others to mention but every team has them, every team.

The main thing everyone with high expectations needs to remember when bashing the coaching department and game plan is, as Jim pointed out in the after game thread. We have only won 2 games out of the last 37, this team does not know how to win yet and this is a collective mindset. So you can attack the coaching and game plan all you want but you might want to open your eyes a little and see that this year with the new runner rules will prove it's more about the players than the coaches more than it has ever been. And as for the tripe about players being played out of position or not to their strengths, c'mon, so they can't play a role in a team now, yet you expect them to be coached on how to run out a full game, have elite skills from preseason etc. Pfft....sorry but that is hilarious. They have been drafted, traded and inherited to the team to play these roles as a team for the team, there is many a player in every team that has had to play a different role than they used to or that some may think is not their "natural" game. But this is what their teams need and if they can't do it, they get moved on. Plus when do you realise we have a talented core but still a lot of players that wouldn't make it in any other team above us.

How about we leave the coaching to the coaches and stop being so Carlton and starting the momentum of calling for heads after round 2.

And yes, I am happy with the way the rebuild is going and can't wait for the day when it all clicks together, hopefully soon. I see us still a year or two behind Brisbane.

At lease we are not playing like EFC*** or the Demons at the moment.
So it's the players is it.
Turn over 54 players in in 4 drafts and its the players.
Give me a break

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:12 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:

.....and this is the coach's fault.....how?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:16 am 
Geoff Southby

Sidefx wrote:
Anyone outside of the club who reads this thread would think we are all delusional, because some people carry on here like we are a top 4 chance.

We played a good (not great) game yesterday, much better than what I thought we would and in improvement on last week. We were competitive longer, attacked the ball harder and at times we hit the scoreboard (losing Charlie didn't help). But we still have the same issues we have had for the last 3 years of the rebuild, skill errors, lack of experience and being able to stand up for a full game. And I hate to point out the obvious, this is what happens when you rebuild with a bunch of kids that have mostly less than 50 games under their belt.

The only thing that really annoyed me as a supporter yesterday was Murphy, as a long time supporter of him he cost us the game (apart from the deplorable umpiring). For a senior veteran midfielder his disposals were terrible and mainly ineffective. And I hate to say this, but if he is injured (and we are not being told) or just out of form he needs to be dropped back. The main issue for us is that our only senior midfielder who has elite kicking is no longer elite and this will be the difference with us and every team this year. There are a few others to mention but every team has them, every team.

The main thing everyone with high expectations needs to remember when bashing the coaching department and game plan is, as Jim pointed out in the after game thread. We have only won 2 games out of the last 37, this team does not know how to win yet and this is a collective mindset. So you can attack the coaching and game plan all you want but you might want to open your eyes a little and see that this year with the new runner rules will prove it's more about the players than the coaches more than it has ever been. And as for the tripe about players being played out of position or not to their strengths, c'mon, so they can't play a role in a team now, yet you expect them to be coached on how to run out a full game, have elite skills from preseason etc. Pfft....sorry but that is hilarious. They have been drafted, traded and inherited to the team to play these roles as a team for the team, there is many a player in every team that has had to play a different role than they used to or that some may think is not their "natural" game. But this is what their teams need and if they can't do it, they get moved on. Plus when do you realise we have a talented core but still a lot of players that wouldn't make it in any other team above us.

How about we leave the coaching to the coaches and stop being so Carlton and starting the momentum of calling for heads after round 2.

And yes, I am happy with the way the rebuild is going and can't wait for the day when it all clicks together, hopefully soon. I see us still a year or two behind Brisbane.

At lease we are not playing like EFC*** or the Demons at the moment.

1. I suggest you re-read BS post. As an addendum with young players why not initially play to their strengths and teach later.

2. Its incredible the way you don't like Murphy. There were several players worse than him yesterday. Why are you not naming them eg Fasolo, Garlett. There were others.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

This is the coach's fault.....how?
He is not getting the best out of them.
He had to be embarrassed by the media to play Harry last year . Harry is our most effective forward. Bolton didn't want to play him.

Cooks a great BBQ I hear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 am 
Geoff Southby

1. We can't afford to do that with so many young players, we are not a Hawthorn adding a few kids. We are in the middle of a full rebuild, they have to learn to play roles. I suggest you look at the age and experience of our list.

2. I do like Murphy and this is the first time I have criticised him. But as a senior player he needed to stand up. As for the other two, yes I didn't single them out but made mention of them. And every team has these players, please re-read my comments.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:22 am 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

At lease we are not playing like EFC**** or the Demons at the moment.
So it's the players is it.
Give me a break

Basically yes. The answer is in your answer if you care to look hard enough. As you've stated, 54 players in 4 drafts, how can a team have experience and cohesion in a rebuild that big??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Uncle Zel wrote:
Brendon ‘honourable loss’ Bolton

That is just crap.
Nothing in his presser suggests he isn't hurting every but as much as we are. Nothing he said suggests he is happy with the result.

Agree bg
It was probably his most blunt presser ever

Mm. Agreed with your post re game too 99.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:45 am 
Stephen Silvagni

If he persists in selecting turnover merchants then we will keep losing games. It's unsustainable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:49 am 
Bruce Doull

Who are the silky users in the VFL that are being kept out?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

It's a statement of fact.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:53 am 
Bruce Doull

I agree, but if the guy has nothing but turnover merchants to choose from, he's [REDACTED] no matter what.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Take it to the List Management thread.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:55 am 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:56 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
I agree, but if the guy has nothing but turnover merchants to choose from, he's [REDACTED] no matter what.

Coaches are supposed to improve their players' output. If that's not happening.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:05 am 
Bruce Doull

So in that case....

Rexy wrote:
If he persists in failing to improve players to not be turnover merchants then we will keep losing games. It's unsustainable.

:wink:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:09 am 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Coaches are supposed to improve their players' output. If that's not happening.....

This has some truth, but it's still up to the player and how much they want it. Coaches need to provide the environment for player to improve and we do. Look at Bugg as an example......he clearly didn't want it enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

This has some truth, but it's still up to the player and how much they want it. Look at Bugg as an example......he clearly didn't want it enough.
Maybe Bugg got there and said this is going nowhere I'm out of here

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 am 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

This has some truth, but it's still up to the player and how much they want it. Look at Bugg as an example......he clearly didn't want it enough.
Maybe Bugg got there and said this is going nowhere I'm out of here

Quite possibly or we are not getting there in the next year or two.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 am 
Bruce Doull

No, he got a better offer.

#GUILTY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 350  Next