Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Cripps is already elite. Fisher, whilst small, is on the way there too. Both would be exactly the same at St Kilda or Hawthorn or Sydney.

You blokes love the “development” cliché. It doesn’t take much thought.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

verbs wrote:
Cripps is already elite. Fisher, whilst small, is on the way there too. Both would be exactly the same at St Kilda or Hawthorn or Sydney.

Missed the point again verbs. Where's Gibbs now?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

verbs wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
I look at someone like Jack Darling who went at pick 26 in the 2010 draft (8 picks after Watson) & it becomes pretty clear why we are where we are...
Did I mention Bootsma @ 22 in 2011 instead of a Seb Ross @ 25 or Brad Hill @ 33?
How about Boekhurst @ 19 and the Rainbow @ 28 instead of Mitch McGovern or Toby Mclean

All of those [REDACTED] up decisions in the past mean that we now have zero depth & @#$%&! all quality in the 23-25 age bracket. As a result, as soon as we get a few injuries - let alone the 10 or 11 we have - we're pushing shit up hill. Unfortunately the only way out of the mess created was to trade away experienced players like Henderson, Tuohy & Gibbs and to try and load up on picks.

None of this is Bolts' fault and he deserves a fair crack at it because from where I sit he has been very brave in some of the decisions he and the club have made with the list.

Lets see how we're going at this stage next year with a full list, more games into the young guys and another strong draft hand.
Watson might have been a champ if he went elsewhere.
Darling would most likely have been delisted if he came to carlton.
When we people learn that it is not who we pick that is the problem.
It is what we do to them when they arrive. Ronke says hello
These kids nominating for the draft are 60 to 70 kids out of 10's of thousands wanting to play.
We think we need pick 1 but reality is any of these in the draft are in the top 0.5% of all playing.
They are the pick of the crop.
We don't develop them when they come. We have no one to guide them .We provide buģger all protection.
Tell them we are on a journey and just come for the ride and there is a pot of gold at the end of it.
Don't waste your time looking at who we could have picked look at what we have done to this kids when they arrive.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Guys like Charlie Curnow and McKay aren’t all that far behind Darling. Good players are good players. Doesn’t matter who they play for. “Development” is a cliché.
Billy Gowers and Nick Holman say Hi

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
verbs wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
I look at someone like Jack Darling who went at pick 26 in the 2010 draft (8 picks after Watson) & it becomes pretty clear why we are where we are...
Did I mention Bootsma @ 22 in 2011 instead of a Seb Ross @ 25 or Brad Hill @ 33?
How about Boekhurst @ 19 and the Rainbow @ 28 instead of Mitch McGovern or Toby Mclean

All of those [REDACTED] up decisions in the past mean that we now have zero depth & @#$%&! all quality in the 23-25 age bracket. As a result, as soon as we get a few injuries - let alone the 10 or 11 we have - we're pushing shit up hill. Unfortunately the only way out of the mess created was to trade away experienced players like Henderson, Tuohy & Gibbs and to try and load up on picks.

None of this is Bolts' fault and he deserves a fair crack at it because from where I sit he has been very brave in some of the decisions he and the club have made with the list.

Lets see how we're going at this stage next year with a full list, more games into the young guys and another strong draft hand.
Watson might have been a champ if he went elsewhere.
Darling would most likely have been delisted if he came to carlton.
When we people learn that it is not who we pick that is the problem.
It is what we do to them when they arrive. Ronke says hello
These kids nominating for the draft are 60 to 70 kids out of 10's of thousands wanting to play.
We think we need pick 1 but reality is any of these in the draft are in the top 0.5% of all playing.
They are the pick of the crop.
We don't develop them when they come. We have no one to guide them .We provide buģger all protection.
Tell them we are on a journey and just come for the ride and there is a pot of gold at the end of it.
Don't waste your time looking at who we could have picked look at what we have done to this kids when they arrive.

Guys like Charlie Curnow and McKay aren’t all that far behind Darling. Good players are good players. Doesn’t matter who they play for. “Development” is a cliché.
Billy Gowers and Nick Holman say Hi

Again with the cliché. Is that all you’ve got? Cliché after cliché?

Gowers and Holman play for cellar dwellers. The Bulldogs kicked two goals, two @#$%&! goals, on Friday.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

verbs wrote:

They are all guns Verbs that is why we get smacked by 109 points.
Team of stars.

Look at them
Gibbs Murphy Kruezer Yarren Simpson Walker Russel Judd
Fevola etc etc

Oh wait? ??

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
verbs wrote:

Team of stars.

Look at them
Fevola etc etc

Oh wait? ??

What are you rabbiting on about now? If you drop the clichés you might start to make more sense.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

so the lets lump it all together feast - that makes sense.

and now its

"but they are gunna leave us"

or

'but they would have been stars somewhere else"

or

actually no oars

just rats fleeing

and children

stamping feet

and stampeding ever louder to the moment they can say

"I told you so"

even if what they told is

and what is

are completely different things....

I think Trump should barrack for Carlton - he'd fit in after our losses.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

verbs wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
verbs wrote:

Team of stars.

Look at them
Fevola etc etc

Oh wait? ??

What are you rabbiting on about now? If you drop the clichés you might start to make more sense.
I used to think you were a stupid kid but that was 13 years ago.
I guess you are just stupid

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
verbs wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
verbs wrote:

Team of stars.

Look at them
Fevola etc etc

Oh wait? ??

I used to think you were a stupid kid but that was 13 years ago.
I guess you are just stupid

Very mature SydneyCliché.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:11 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I heard all the line coaches are forced to go through Barker to get to Bolts

SAKC BARKER !

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

no wait

resign him

he'll be a superstar somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:14 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I'd settle for REDUNDANT HIM !

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

sounds like it would hurt.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie wrote:
Quote:
Selection committee Chair and Carlton CEO Steven Trigg says Bolton represents the change needed to lead the build of the football program.

“I’m delighted to welcome Brendon to our club and to our team. It is our vision that Brendon will be a long-term coach of our football club as we build toward sustained success. He will be afforded the time and the resources to take Carlton back to where we all want it to be and we will support him every step of the way.

“What set Brendon apart was far more than just his resume and experience, which is impressive in itself. It was his proven ability to develop and educate that convinced our selection panel that he is the right person for Carlton. He is a proven performer, having come from an elite environment where the ultimate success has been achieved.

“To our interim coach, John Barker, I would like to extend our deepest gratitude for what he has achieved since taking on the role. He has restored a competitive spirit to our team and always put the club first in everything he did.

“John has earned nothing but the highest level of respect from everyone at Carlton and the wider football community, showing he has the qualities and the drive to become an AFL senior coach. We will continue to support John however we can with his next steps.”

Brendon Bolton will continue in his role at Hawthorn until a time to be confirmed, while John Barker will remain Carlton’s caretaker coach until the end of the home and away season.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

We complain that our mid-20s players aren't good enough and that's the main reason we're shit. Let's look at the 23-26 year olds.

Docherty - recruited by MM
Cripps - Recruited by MM
Byrne - MM
Plowman - Bolton
Shaw - Bolton
Phillips - Bolton
Lamb - Bolton
Kerridge - Bolton
Mullet - Bolton
Oshea - Bolton

What's the point of a list re-build that needs re-building 3 years later?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

we can argue about recruiting, scouting and development until we're all blue in the face.

but let's isolate the argument in here to just Bolton and coaching. There is a definite hole in the game plan from this season, to last season. We were in all but two games just one season ago. we worked hard, we were dogged in our pursuit of the ball, we played with heart and most importantly, we played with pride in the jumper.

for 95% of the fans, that was good enough, that bought our support and our patience. we were building. players and coaches played with unity and belief.

fast forward one year later and our players look confused. there is a noticeable drop off in our basic skills, players are not manning up defensively and not composed when we do have the ball as there's no outlet options. We are out-run and out-tackled most games and our endeavour has dropped off a cliff. from a pure coaching perspective if alarm bells aren't ringing within the board, we as a club, are asleep at the wheel. again.

this is where the heat needs to be applied to bolton. bolton shows a distinct lack of accountability in his pressers, instead deferring to stale cliches and rehearsed excuses, which insult our intelligence. this compounds the dire on field product.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The Duke wrote:
We complain that our mid-20s players aren't good enough and that's the main reason we're shit. Let's look at the 23-26 year olds.

Docherty - recruited by MM
Cripps - Recruited by MM
Byrne - MM
Plowman - Bolton
Shaw - Bolton
Phillips - Bolton
Lamb - Bolton
Kerridge - Bolton
Mullet - Bolton
Oshea - Bolton

What's the point of a list re-build that needs re-building 3 years later?

What a load of shit. The coach does the drafting now, does he?
FMD, you blokes will invent anything to kick Bolton.

As for those bemoaning Gowers, he admits he wasn't as committed as he could have been at Carlton. Remember when the players were doing consecutive 6.00am beach swims to due some not turning up? Have a guess who the player was that was consistently late?
Yes it's good to hold on to talent but commitment has to be absolute as well. Especially from rookies who have been given a life line.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:44 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

just as an aside from yesterday.

I spoke to a mate last night. avid, avid blues supporter, probably moreso than even me. his old man played for the blues from '87-'90. He's been a staunch bolton supporter until yesterday. He was texting me from the ground with his old man. their feedback was:

players are torn between instinct and sticking to a weak structure.
players playing like they don't believe in their instructions
no adaptability from the box. after the blood letting in the 2nd qtr, half time was the perfect opportunity to go back to U10's – and everybody just man up and be responsible for their opposite. instead we play the exact same confused way and lose the qtr by 8.2 to 2.3
Bolton gave the players a massive spray at 3-qtr time. our response was to kick two behinds while giving up another 7 goals
signs that bolton has lost the playing group.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

16 first round draft picks more than any other club
3 number 1 picks
Number 2 pick who was once regarded the best player in the comp now in career best form
A player regarded as the next best forward in the game
The best teenager in the game
The best contested ball winner the game has ever seen.
5 rising stars last year

Yet we have lost 8 from 9
Have the 2nd worst attack and the worst defense

What is wrong with this picture

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 am 
Ken Hunter

your interpretation?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 350  Next