Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:12 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I can't believe we didn't play man on man in the last with a spare player rotating through the middle.
Watching them play kick to kick with our mob standing five metres away in a zone was mind-boggling.
At one stage in our F50 we were one against four. That means we had four spare players somewhere.

95% of the game we played man on man. To the point we played a mostly 7 or 8 man forward line to pick up their spares. How did that work for us? We were massively outclassed. How we set up had very little to do with it.

The Duke wrote:
I feel super happy for people who are okay with where we're at right now, but at the same time I feel sorry for them. This isn't good - not by any measure.

How wonderful for you. Do you really think anyone here gives a @#$%&! about how you feel about them?

:garthp: You've lost your shit BV. Block me if you don't want to discuss issues civilly - but spare me this bullshit. :screwy:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 am 
Geoff Southby

Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
They need small wins based on the things they can control. Effort, commitment to the contest, tackling etc. The rest is totally out of their control.

i agree.

and this season as a whole, has been an abysmal failure with effort, commitment and tackling when compared to the last two seasons. based on that measuring stick, bolton has taken a considerable step backwards from last year, yeah?

You can't just draw a direct connection like that and not factor in 2 things:
1. Injuries and
2. Depth of list.

As Bolton said himself in his post game interview:
1. We have only missed one round off the top of his head with no injuries to key players forcing the coaching panel to make changes.
2. The difference between our 21st best player and 28th best is HUGE!

If you watch his post match interview (without a critical eye), you can actually see he's a really smart coach and knows exactly where the team is and what his players are doing and what they need to do. It absolutely blows my mind why people can't see this!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:27 am 
John Nicholls

Sidefx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
They need small wins based on the things they can control. Effort, commitment to the contest, tackling etc. The rest is totally out of their control.

i agree.

and this season as a whole, has been an abysmal failure with effort, commitment and tackling when compared to the last two seasons. based on that measuring stick, bolton has taken a considerable step backwards from last year, yeah?

1. Injuries and
2. Depth of list.

1. We have only missed one round off the top of his head with no injuries to key players forcing the coaching panel to make changes.

If you watch his post match interview (without a critical eye), you can actually see he's a really smart coach and knows exactly where the team is and what his players are doing and what they need to do. It absolutely blows my mind why people can't see this!

People only see what they want to see. As you say, Bolton is acutely aware of what he is dealing with.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:57 am 
Bob Chitty

Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

i agree.

Kreuzer, Gibbs, ASOS, Jones, Docherty, Fisher, Plowman are all first class re effort, commitment to the contest and tackling. Some will say Murphy is also. Others probably wouldn't. So yes maybe we are down in these areas without these leaders but it ain't Bolts fault. In the current side people like both Curnows, Cripps, Rowe, Dow, Marchy, Simo, Kennedy and Silvani can't be faulted for effort and commitment and tackles. Say what you want about their skills but that's not what you are talking about above, so that's a group of 17 who can't be faulted for effort and commitment, yeah?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:02 am 
Geoff Southby

Taff wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

i agree.

1. Injuries and
2. Depth of list.

People only see what they want to see. As you say, Bolton is acutely aware of what he is dealing with.

That's true. And I get that everyone is hurting at the moment too, but this "tall poppy syndrome" mentality has to stop. Instead of chastising the whole club, game plan and coaches, get behind the club, the coaching department and most of all the players. We will come out of this, in a good way too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crippa wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

i agree.

Kreuzer, Gibbs, ASOS, Jones, Docherty, Fisher, Plowman are all first class re effort, commitment to the contest and tackling. Some will say Murphy is also. Others probably wouldn't. So yes maybe we are down in these areas without these leaders but it ain't Bolts fault. In the current side people like both Curnows, Cripps, Rowe, Dow, Marchy, Simo, Kennedy and Silvani can't be faulted for effort and commitment and tackles. Say what you want about their skills but that's not what you are talking about above, so that's a group of 17 who can't be faulted for effort and commitment, yeah?

a sweeping generalisation for this season (minus a game or a quarter here & there) – all i see when we play is mass confusion from players, and games this year where the effort across the board from players is not up to an acceptable standard.

if in fact what you were saying was actually true, we wouldn't be sitting on 2 wins with a 60% record. I also have no answers for you if you can't see the distinct difference in effort from last season, to this one.

in fact, i raise the notion, our play has become so bad we could throw a tent over it all and call it a 3-ringed circus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:00 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Can someone tell me why, when one of our players has the ball in defence, there's no-one ahead presenting or even looking like they want the ball ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:11 pm 
Garry Crane

Sidefx wrote:

I hope he tells our upper brass that our fitness and health are not up to snuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

dlb99 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

I hope he tells our upper brass that our fitness and health are not up to snuff.

I'm pretty sure the allocation of another million dollars to the football department confirms everyone knows.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:16 pm 
John James

Braithy wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

i agree.

a sweeping generalisation for this season (minus a game or a quarter here & there) – all i see when we play is mass confusion from players, and games this year where the effort across the board from players is not up to an acceptable standard.

if in fact what you were saying was actually true, we wouldn't be sitting on 2 wins with a 60% record. I also have no answers for you if you can't see the distinct difference in effort from last season, to this one.

in fact, i raise the notion, our play has become so bad we could throw a tent over it all and call it a 3-ringed circus.

LOL, pot/kettle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

i agree.

1. Injuries and
2. Depth of list.

Some of us can , but some show the perfect symptoms of a disease mainly found in couch coaches!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:25 pm 
Bert Deacon

dont need to be smart blue vain and moshe and yes i do understand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I can't believe we didn't play man on man in the last with a spare player rotating through the middle.
Watching them play kick to kick with our mob standing five metres away in a zone was mind-boggling.
At one stage in our F50 we were one against four. That means we had four spare players somewhere.

95% of the game we played man on man. To the point we played a mostly 7 or 8 man forward line to pick up their spares. How did that work for us? We were massively outclassed. How we set up had very little to do with it.

The Duke wrote:
I feel super happy for people who are okay with where we're at right now, but at the same time I feel sorry for them. This isn't good - not by any measure.

How wonderful for you. Do you really think anyone here gives a @#$%&! about how you feel about them?

:garthp: You've lost your shit BV. Block me if you don't want to discuss issues civilly - but spare me this bullshit. :screwy:

You're not discussing the issues at all, Duke. It was a condescending remark from you saying you feel sorry for people who don't share your view!
I'm not happy with our current position but I understand there are mitigating circumstances. To suggest I'm worthy of pity for that, Isn't discussing the issues by any standards. It was a post belittling anyone who doesn't share your views.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

The Duke wrote:

You're not discussing the issues at all, Duke. It was a condescending remark from you saying you feel sorry for people who don't share your view!
I'm not happy with our current position but I understand there are mitigating circumstances. To suggest I'm worthy of pity for that, Isn't discussing the issues by any standards. It was a post belittling anyone who doesn't share your views.

A perfect symptom of a couch coach, they tend agree with themselves even if the evidence against their arguments are way off the mark!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:04 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

jamespul65 wrote:
dont need to be smart blue vain and moshe and yes i do understand
Don't know what this refers to....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sidefx wrote:
That's true. And I get that everyone is hurting at the moment too, but this "tall poppy syndrome" mentality has to stop. Instead of chastising the whole club, game plan and coaches, get behind the club, the coaching department and most of all the players. We will come out of this, in a good way too.

Our "tall poppies" (on every measure) wilted and died a long time ago... we are now green shoots :razz:

Now I'm generally happy with our direction and I don't want the coach sakced... yet... but to put blind faith in everyone and everything at the club is just plain coo-coo... history has taught us that.

There's nothing wrong with healthy debate...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hornet wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Our "tall poppies" (on every measure) wilted and died a long time ago... we are now green shoots :razz:

Now I'm generally happy with our direction and I don't want the coach sakced... yet... but to put blind faith in everyone and everything at the club is just plain coo-coo... history has taught us that.

Totally agree! But some of the ranting and self admiration is a load of crap!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jamespul65 wrote:
dont need to be smart

...to post in here.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hornet wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Hahaha....funny, I like what you did there.

But when do we put faith in the club to get us out of this? Once we are out?

I also like a healthy debate too and that usually means not making stuff up and being able to understand the other point of view. But with some of it, it's like ground hog day and a bipolar version too (no offence to people with bipolar). Not saying this is you either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

The Duke wrote:

There's a pile of pot/kettle in that statement. If I went back 50 pages I reckon I could find a post on every one from you saying we've got no clue about football & coaching etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 350  Next