Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:32 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Braithy wrote:
be interesting if you guys are wrong and if bolton is deemed a failed appointment to see how you handle that.

It's simple for me but I cant speak for the others. I'll just do what you do.
Make shit up. Say things that are blatantly untrue, spread unsubstantiated rumours and when I'm called out and proven to be totally incorrect, take no responsibility. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:33 am 
Ken Hunter

Unless we can get some mature age quality midfielders next year we will have only a slight increase in wins. For mine a 3-4 win year is where we are at for next year assuming no trades of substance.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

IMHO, it comes down to player availability BC. If we get a reasonable run of player availability, I believe we can be up around 8 wins and knocking on the door of finals in 2020.
If we're not competing for a finals spot in 2020, I'd question the performance of our list rebuild and/or player development.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:56 am 
Geoff Southby

Braithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
I love the excuses excuses mantra. Its basically a kid holding his hands over his ears, stamping his feet yelling I will not listen. Fine - so don't ask questions when you will not listen to the answers.

The reality is mate, none of us know how much of our 1 win season is down to injuries, and how much is from poor or failed coaching.

everything will be revealed next season i guess. but, i have a question specifically for you, blue vein and trigger.

with a healthy list to choose from next season. and with the development of our star picks and improved game plan. How many wins next year get a pass mark form you guys? Where on the ladder in your opinions, should we be finishing?

Next season; I'll happily stand here and declare i was wrong about bolton should we climb the table and threaten the top 8 next season. I'll also apologise for bashing everyone's ears in about bolton being in over his head and a bad choice for coach.

be interesting if you guys are wrong and if bolton is deemed a failed appointment to see how you handle that.

dannyboy wrote:
Which kids are you worried about?

there's a few.

Weitering, SPS, Plowman, Jack, and Marchbank all looked to have regressed on what they delivered last year.

off the top of my head, the rest of the list have mostly stagnated, and only charlie, fish and Cripps looked to have raised their games/ developed from last season?

If you honestly think we will be pushing for the 8 next year then you may as well start following another team if that's the result you want.

Have you not been listening? Even without injuries, we still need more than Cripps and Doc as our A grade 23-28yo and I can't see SOS getting 3-5 of them for pick 1 nor our kids all of a sudden having another 50 games experience over the summer. And I definitely can't see our 30 plus yo all of a sudden getting faster, less injuries and playing the best games of their lives. Nobody here wants us to be on the bottom but FFS be realistic.

WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND:
1. Nothing is linear and kids take time.
2. A virtually injury free team will bring results, like last year.
3. Believe it or not, other teams will improve.
4. Watch the SOS interview again with a positive attitude and actually listen to what he has said. It's from the horses mouth.
5. Essendon** brought in experienced/retired players and found 1 talent out of the whole exercise. We are not Essendon**, we have kids and lots of them with kid bodies.
6. What effect due to injuries (especially to the core players) have? - We are down 4 games from this time last year and Adelaide are down 5, it actually can't be clearer. So if you want to judge our game plan and coach then surely they also need to look at sacking their coach too?

How many games you ask 6-8 would be a "great" result and finishing 15-16th would be a "great" result.

And as far as your worries about our kids you actually should think before you just flop names out there.
Weitering - Injured
Plowman - Injured
Marchbank - Injured
Jack - Injured
SPS - Not sure but maybe him and Plowman are only going to be second tier team players that do 5-8 great things in a game and need support to play at their best.

I actually feel sorry for you and a few others here that have unrealistic top 8 expectations, because as it has been previously stated, you're in for a tough year next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:39 am 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
Braithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
I love the excuses excuses mantra. Its basically a kid holding his hands over his ears, stamping his feet yelling I will not listen. Fine - so don't ask questions when you will not listen to the answers.

The reality is mate, none of us know how much of our 1 win season is down to injuries, and how much is from poor or failed coaching.

everything will be revealed next season i guess. but, i have a question specifically for you, blue vein and trigger.

with a healthy list to choose from next season. and with the development of our star picks and improved game plan. How many wins next year get a pass mark form you guys? Where on the ladder in your opinions, should we be finishing?

Next season; I'll happily stand here and declare i was wrong about bolton should we climb the table and threaten the top 8 next season. I'll also apologise for bashing everyone's ears in about bolton being in over his head and a bad choice for coach.

dannyboy wrote:
Which kids are you worried about?

there's a few.

Weitering, SPS, Plowman, Jack, and Marchbank all looked to have regressed on what they delivered last year.

off the top of my head, the rest of the list have mostly stagnated, and only charlie, fish and Cripps looked to have raised their games/ developed from last season?

If you honestly think we will be pushing for the 8 next year then you may as well start following another team if that's the result you want.

Have you not been listening? Even without injuries, we still need more than Cripps and Doc as our A grade 23-28yo and I can't see SOS getting 3-5 of them for pick 1 nor our kids all of a sudden having another 50 games experience over the summer. And I definitely can't see our 30 plus yo all of a sudden getting faster, less injuries and playing the best games of their lives. Nobody here wants us to be on the bottom but FFS be realistic.

WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND:
1. Nothing is linear and kids take time.
2. A virtually injury free team will bring results, like last year.
3. Believe it or not, other teams will improve.
4. Watch the SOS interview again with a positive attitude and actually listen to what he has said. It's from the horses mouth.
5. Essendon*** brought in experienced/retired players and found 1 talent out of the whole exercise. We are not Essendon***, we have kids and lots of them with kid bodies.
6. What effect due to injuries (especially to the core players) have? - We are down 4 games from this time last year and Adelaide are down 5, it actually can't be clearer. So if you want to judge our game plan and coach then surely they also need to look at sacking their coach too?

How many games you ask 6-8 would be a "great" result and finishing 15-16th would be a "great" result.

And as far as your worries about our kids you actually should think before you just flop names out there.
Weitering - Injured
Plowman - Injured
Marchbank - Injured
Jack - Injured
SPS - Not sure but maybe him and Plowman are only going to be second tier team players that do 5-8 great things in a game and need support to play at their best.

I actually feel sorry for you and a few others here that have unrealistic top 8 expectations, because as it has been previously stated, you're in for a tough year next year.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

FWIW I look and maybe hope that SPS will be more of a Burgoyne type of player that averages 16 disposals a game, but impacts it far more than that. :yikes:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:40 am 
Ken Hunter

Williamson - gone backwards this year - hardly sighted.

McReadie - gone backwards this year - hardly sighted

De Koning - massively disappointed, hasn't played a single game this year

Cunnginham - worst season ever for him

and look, I hate to say this, but...but I think Doc has gone backwards this year! There I said it. He was a gun last year...but this year pfft...hardly sighted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:42 am 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:

and look, I hate to say this, but...but I think Doc has gone backwards this year! There I said it. He was a gun last year...but this year pfft...hardly sighted.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:

OMG.
and where is Carazzo???????
Deliberately holding him back. :hitcomputer: :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:02 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Who 21 and under has and hasn't improved during this year?

Cuningham -1 (injuries have not helped)
C Curnow +1
T De Konning 0
P Dow +1
Z Fisher +1
J Glass-McCasker -1
P Kerr +1
K Lebois 0
H Macredie -1
C Marchbank 0
H McKay +1
L O'Brien +1
S Petrevski-Seton +1
J Pickett 0
C Polson 0
A Schumacher 0
J Silvagni -1
J Weitering 0
T Williamson 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:31 am 
Bruce Doull

bluegirl72 wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

OMG.

Yeah, that's so he can be a lock for the NRS.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:20 am 
Stephen Silvagni

verbs wrote:

C Curnow +1
T De Konning 0
P Dow +1
Z Fisher +1
J Glass-McCasker -1
P Kerr +1
K Lebois 0
H Macredie -1
C Marchbank 0
H McKay +1
L O'Brien +1
S Petrevski-Seton +1
J Pickett 0
C Polson 0
A Schumacher 0
J Silvagni -1
J Weitering 0
T Williamson 0

Macreadie hater !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:21 am 
Stephen Silvagni

camelboy wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

OMG.

Yeah, that's so he can be a lock for the NRS.

I'm not sure his eligible

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
verbs wrote:

C Curnow +1
T De Konning 0
P Dow +1
Z Fisher +1
J Glass-McCasker -1
P Kerr +1
K Lebois 0
H Macredie -1
C Marchbank 0
H McKay +1
L O'Brien +1
S Petrevski-Seton +1
J Pickett 0
C Polson 0
A Schumacher 0
J Silvagni -1
J Weitering 0
T Williamson 0

Macreadie hater !

probably got a big ass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechucky wrote:
Unless we can get some mature age quality midfielders next year we will have only a slight increase in wins. For mine a 3-4 win year is where we are at for next year assuming no trades of substance.

Agree totally, we desperatly need a couple of mature age good quality midfielders.
We will win more games and assist development of our youngsters.
We can't scrimp, Silvagni needs to place some aggressive offers, chase hard and hopefully the new acquisitions cost us picks.

Last edited by bmaurizio on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Agro jr wrote:
Braithy wrote:

i was expecting the same as last season - 6 wins, but hoping for a couple more. allow for improvement in the list, improvement in the game plan, the development of many of our high picks and then allow for the loss of docherty & gibbs.

we could have won 10 games last season, but came away with six after continually bottling the last qtr ... i thought repeating those 6 wins that was a shoe in.

after they were pinged for pills, is it fair to say Essendon*** played with a much worse, more disjointed list than ours? and they managed 3 wins in their shit season. if so, our one win looks really, really bad and suggests there could be more than injuries to blame.

they replaced their banned players with players who had total of 1059 games experience between them.

And yet when anyone points out that our team isn't really that young/inexperienced, it's "oh they don't count, they were just intended to be NB list cloggers, we don't REALLY have any experience..."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
Braithy wrote:

i was expecting the same as last season - 6 wins, but hoping for a couple more. allow for improvement in the list, improvement in the game plan, the development of many of our high picks and then allow for the loss of docherty & gibbs.

we could have won 10 games last season, but came away with six after continually bottling the last qtr ... i thought repeating those 6 wins that was a shoe in.

after they were pinged for pills, is it fair to say Essendon**** played with a much worse, more disjointed list than ours? and they managed 3 wins in their shit season. if so, our one win looks really, really bad and suggests there could be more than injuries to blame.

they replaced their banned players with players who had total of 1059 games experience between them.

And yet when anyone points out that our team isn't really that young/inexperienced, it's "oh they don't count, they were just intended to be NB list cloggers, we don't REALLY have any experience..."

You're right.

This year has been a stark contrast to the glory days of 2004. Where we filled our list with some REAL experience.

Cory McGrath, Jordan Bannister, Brett Johnson, Daniel Harford, David Teague, Digby Morrel and Barnaby French taking us to the promised land of 10 wins.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
WOW wrote:
GWS wrote:
WOW wrote:
The media is right.

I’ve read some funny things online over the last couple of decades but that’s right up there with the best of them.

Classic! :lol:

I suppose it's all "fake news". Nothing to see hear. 2 wins from the last 26 games with no semblance of a game plan. And Rowe is our key defender. It's going so well. So very Trumpian if you believe otherwise.

:banghead: Clueless!

Okay ole wise one, give me your view on why I should be so satisfied with where the club is at

Instead of your inane and lazy response

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Is there a stupider question in football than "which players have improved under .... " ?

I don't think so.

What's the criteria? Doc hasn't played a game and may well have improved heaps. How do you measure this?

If I were asked that question I reckon I'd answer "all of 'em" and challenge the interviewer to prove otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
IMHO, it comes down to player availability BC. If we get a reasonable run of player availability, I believe we can be up around 8 wins and knocking on the door of finals in 2020.
If we're not competing for a finals spot in 2020, I'd question the performance of our list rebuild and/or player development.

Wow - now it's out to 2020? :eek:

Bolts will be well gone by then :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Nah, he'll be the apple of your eye. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 350  Next