Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:29 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I believe the reasons why our young players collectively haven't been able to perform as well as those at other teams has been explained on many occasions.
Yes by Jim

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If there was a 20 track album titled "Why Carlton are shit", Jim's got his CD player set to repeat on track 1.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
There is a lot of criticism of posters who are questioning the coaching and development. Where the argument that it is injuries and the youth and inexperienced players as to why we only won 2 games.
Posters saying give it 2 to 3 years and when our youth matures we will be flying.
The very fact we could only manage 1 player in the AFLPA under 22 team might suggest we might be looking at this through navy blue glasses

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1 ... 9a957f4138

100%. I think the reality is obvious for people outside the navy haze to identify. Even some of Bolton's strongest supporters have serious doubts that I think they're suppressing.

What rubbish!

Proof??

So are you suggesting the AFLPA are just a bunch a numpties and don't know what they are talking about and the posters on here have a better understanding of how good our under 22's are going to be compared to the rest of the players in the AFL - Like they only play the game against each other what the hell would they know

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
There is a lot of criticism of posters who are questioning the coaching and development. Where the argument that it is injuries and the youth and inexperienced players as to why we only won 2 games.
Posters saying give it 2 to 3 years and when our youth matures we will be flying.
The very fact we could only manage 1 player in the AFLPA under 22 team might suggest we might be looking at this through navy blue glasses

100%. I think the reality is obvious for people outside the navy haze to identify. Even some of Bolton's strongest supporters have serious doubts that I think they're suppressing.

What rubbish!

Proof??

So are you suggesting the AFLPA are just a bunch a numpties and don't know what they are talking about and the posters on here have a better understanding of how good our under 22's are going to be compared to the rest of the players in the AFL - Like they only play the game against each other what the hell would they know

The team is selected by the fans Syd. I voted for Charlie and Fisher to get in...Who did you pick?

Numpties :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

Damn those facts....... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 pm 
Robert Walls

Even if it was picked by the players, I doubt they watch many games. Shit judges, as Blight might paraphrase.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

What rubbish!

Proof??

A. Rubbish to the fact Bolton's strongest supports have serious doubts.
B. FYI We had 6 wins last year and Cripps was a gun and we had 5 rising stars, yet only Charlie Curnow was selected in the 2017 team.

Here's a tip, why don't you and your detractor mates start trying to find the positives in the club, coaching and players. The reality is the season is over, Bolton is staying and our 23 players under the age of 23 will not be 3 years older next season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wojee wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I believe the reasons why our young players collectively haven't been able to perform as well as those at other teams has been explained on many occasions.
Yes by Jim

If there was a 20 track album titled "Why Carlton are shit", Jim's got his CD player set to repeat on track 1.

After 3 years, every player on our list has either been recruited, drafted or re-signed. I get the 'reasons' for this failure ie some injuries etc, but there's also a shitload of 'excuses' which simply don't stack up.

The coach goes on about the importance of synergy. Well if that's the case, he [REDACTED] up because they just drafted 3 or 4 blokes who have now gone 12-24 months later.

So either a) synergy doesn't matter, or b) it matters a heap and we don't know what the @#$%&! we're doing.

You can't have both.

My opinion is they [REDACTED] up - which is easy to say with hindsight, but when you're the head coach, that's the reason they pay you the big bucks - to get that right. I personally don't want someone who's [REDACTED] up so spectacularly in charge for another season just in case they continue to @#$%&! it up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:43 pm 
Bob Chitty

The Duke wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Yes by Jim

After 3 years, every player on our list has either been recruited, drafted or re-signed. I get the 'reasons' for this failure ie some injuries etc, but there's also a shitload of 'excuses' which simply don't stack up.

The coach goes on about the importance of synergy. Well if that's the case, he [REDACTED] up because they just drafted 3 or 4 blokes who have now gone 12-24 months later.

So either a) synergy doesn't matter, or b) it matters a heap and we don't know what the @#$%&! we're doing.

You can't have both.

My opinion is they [REDACTED] up - which is easy to say with hindsight, but when you're the head coach, that's the reason they pay you the big bucks - to get that right. I personally don't want someone who's [REDACTED] up so spectacularly in charge for another season just in case they continue to @#$%&! it up.

It’s almost like building a team from scratch that is capable of winning a flag takes time?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Yes by Jim

No

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

TBH, the problem with the coaching this year can be blamed solely on the communication between Bolton and his social media person. Because if they were doing their job and passed on all the advice from the keyboard coaches on here and other places, it seems we would be playing finals for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Yes by Jim

Just think about that for a minute. Are you tying yourself to Jim to provide credibility to your views?
The same person who has been shown up multiple times for producing false information. Is that your stance?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Menzel_Mayhem wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Yes by Jim

You can't have both.

It’s almost like building a team from scratch that is capable of winning a flag takes time?

Did you read any of my post?

I'm happy for you to discuss why you believe de-listing several fringe players was a good idea only to bring in more fringe players to be de-listed, then blame synergy as one of the reasons for our shitness. But what you offered didn't even come close to that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

The Duke wrote:
Menzel_Mayhem wrote:

Did you read any of my post?

I'm happy for you to discuss why you believe de-listing several fringe players was a good idea only to bring in more fringe players to be de-listed, then blame synergy as one of the reasons for our shitness. But what you offered didn't even come close to that.

My reading of that situation is that the fringe players recruited were supposed to primarily provide depth/ply their trade in the VFL with the hope that maybe one or two might come on. They replaced players who had been given some time at the club and who (rightly or wrongly) were deemed to have reached their ceiling and came at minimal cost.

A couple of the players who were moved on are playing OK elsewhere while none of those brought in have done anything so it's a net loss, but in the overall scheme of things they're not the players who are going to drag Carlton back up the ladder.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Yes by Jim

Just think about that for a minute. Are you tying yourself to Jim to provide credibility to your views?
The same person who has been shown up multiple times for producing false information. Is that your stance?

I am getting old so my memory is fading a bit but I do recall Jim posting half way through the year that we were worse off now than 3 years ago
He was rebuked and shouted down by someone ( who could that be) stating that three years ago we lost to hawks by 128 points we then went on to lose 3 games by over hundred
the same poster stated that we were going to improve in the back half of the year and win 4-5 games and yet we won just 1

shall we search for the post or do you want to fess up you were totally wrong and as it turns out Jim was right

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Yes by Jim

I am getting old so my memory is fading a bit but I do recall Jim posting half way through the year that we were worse off now than 3 years ago
He was rebuked and shouted down by someone ( who could that be) stating that three years ago we lost to hawks by 128 points we then went on to lose 3 games by over hundred
the same poster stated that we were going to improve in the back half of the year and win 4-5 games and yet we won just 1

shall we search for the post or do you want to fess up you were totally wrong and as it turns out Jim was right

You're getting confused between opinions and facts. I was offering an opinion. Jim has been blatantly being dishonest in his facts lately, even when he's been told numerous times he;'s wrong yet he continues with them. As for my opinion, I always stand by my views and admit them, and fess up if I'm wrong. (You should give it a go :grin: ) Yes, I did say we would get our players back from injury and win 4 or 5 games. Our injury toll continued and I was wrong.
To suggest we are worse off than 3 years ago however is shortsighted and foolish IMO.

As we both said, 3 years ago we lost to the Hawks by 138 points. Our list that year consisted of Jason Tutt, Brad Walsh, Andrejs Everett, Simon White, Tom Bell, Matthew Watson, David Ellard, Cameron Wood, Mark Whiley, Matthew Dick, Clem Smith, Troy Menzel, Blaine Johnson, Blaine Boekhorst etc etc and a heap of veterans.

Anyone who suggests we are worse off now has no idea whatsoever. We have plenty of top shelf kids coming through. The club is doing the right thing and playing them. If the sooks cant handle that, bad luck IMO. Kudos to the club for looking past them and doing the right thing for the future.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
TBH, the problem with the coaching this year can be blamed solely on the communication between Bolton and his social media person. Because if they were doing their job and passed on all the advice from the keyboard coaches on here and other places, it seems we would be playing finals for sure.

Love your style!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:

4 teams of the Top 8 didn't have one player, including GWS.

Some of these guys are nearing (or over for some) 100 games and are approaching 23.

Most of our youth are from the last 3 drafts and are still 18-20.

I'm not sure this is sufficient evidence your honour.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blueboy74 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Some of these guys are nearing (or over for some) 100 games and are approaching 23.

QFT :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blueboy74 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Yes by Jim

You're getting confused between opinions and facts. I was offering an opinion. Jim has been blatantly being dishonest in his facts lately, even when he's been told numerous times he;'s wrong yet he continues with them. As for my opinion, I always stand by my views and admit them, and fess up if I'm wrong. (You should give it a go :grin: ) Yes, I did say we would get our players back from injury and win 4 or 5 games. Our injury toll continued and I was wrong.
To suggest we are worse off than 3 years ago however is shortsighted and foolish IMO.

As we both said, 3 years ago we lost to the Hawks by 138 points. Our list that year consisted of Jason Tutt, Brad Walsh, Andrejs Everett, Simon White, Tom Bell, Matthew Watson, David Ellard, Cameron Wood, Mark Whiley, Matthew Dick, Clem Smith, Troy Menzel, Blaine Johnson, Blaine Boekhorst etc etc and a heap of veterans.

Anyone who suggests we are worse off now has no idea whatsoever. We have plenty of top shelf kids coming through. The club is doing the right thing and playing them. If the sooks cant handle that, bad luck IMO. Kudos to the club for looking past them and doing the right thing for the future.

I don't have to suggest we are worse off than 3 years ago the numbers speak for them selves
forget the who's who just look at the numbers - Despite that shocking list of players they still achieved a better outcome than those this year
7 wins > 6 wins > 2 wins

To much crystal ball gazing goes on in here - Sorry but I deal with the reality of the current teams performance I don't gaze into the future to try and predict what will happen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 350  Next