Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

*wondering how long until we see the W/L record mentioned again*

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Syd, if supporters purely went by the numbers they'd have no reason to keep supporting.

What keeps you interested in Carlton ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I believe the reasons why our young players collectively haven't been able to perform as well as those at other teams has been explained on many occasions.
Yes by Jim

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just think about that for a minute. Are you tying yourself to Jim to provide credibility to your views?
The same person who has been shown up multiple times for producing false information. Is that your stance?

I am getting old so my memory is fading a bit but I do recall Jim posting half way through the year that we were worse off now than 3 years ago
He was rebuked and shouted down by someone ( who could that be) stating that three years ago we lost to hawks by 128 points we then went on to lose 3 games by over hundred
the same poster stated that we were going to improve in the back half of the year and win 4-5 games and yet we won just 1

shall we search for the post or do you want to fess up you were totally wrong and as it turns out Jim was right

You're getting confused between opinions and facts. I was offering an opinion. Jim has been blatantly being dishonest in his facts lately, even when he's been told numerous times he;'s wrong yet he continues with them. As for my opinion, I always stand by my views and admit them, and fess up if I'm wrong. (You should give it a go :grin: ) Yes, I did say we would get our players back from injury and win 4 or 5 games. Our injury toll continued and I was wrong.
To suggest we are worse off than 3 years ago however is shortsighted and foolish IMO.

As we both said, 3 years ago we lost to the Hawks by 138 points. Our list that year consisted of Jason Tutt, Brad Walsh, Andrejs Everett, Simon White, Tom Bell, Matthew Watson, David Ellard, Cameron Wood, Mark Whiley, Matthew Dick, Clem Smith, Troy Menzel, Blaine Johnson, Blaine Boekhorst etc etc and a heap of veterans.

Anyone who suggests we are worse off now has no idea whatsoever. We have plenty of top shelf kids coming through. The club is doing the right thing and playing them. If the sooks cant handle that, bad luck IMO. Kudos to the club for looking past them and doing the right thing for the future.

Crap we went from having 2 Blaine's on our list to none.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
To much crystal ball gazing goes on in here - Sorry but I deal with the reality of the current teams performance I don't gaze into the future to try and predict what will happen

That's fair enough but I do. And the list management committee has to as well. We cant continue planning for today. We did that during the Pagan years and it set us backwards. 3 years ago our list was horrible. Not enough youth coming through and shit results to go with it.
What were our options? To continue as we were? To refresh the list to make us competitive or to strip it back completely and rebuild for sustained success?
IMO we made the right decision, took our medicine and took the long term approach. Knowing full well it would be a tough road.

You and some others don't have the patience for it. That's fair enough. But all I and others ask for is considered and honest opinions based on facts. Too many posters are using untrue and baseless facts to bag the club.
If we win less than 8 games next year, I'll join you asking questions. Until then, I'm happy to go along for the last bit of the journey.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Got my first carlton jumper at 4
I am 54 in October
Not jumping ship after 50 years

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

Good work.....:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
I am 54 in October

Pfft.
Only fifty?
You young whippersnappers have no idea.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
I am 54 in October

Pfft.
Only fifty?
You young whippersnappers have no idea.

I was 54 in April and I reckon we've got a really good idea. :wink:

At the end of 1995 I'd lived through 7 flags in 31 years, so a bit better than one every five years.

I didn't realise it wouldn't always be that way. :sad: (But you never EVER desert your team*.)

* Unless they get done for drug cheating.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:26 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Whoosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:43 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
If we win less than 8 games next year, I'll join you asking questions. Until then, I'm happy to go along for the last bit of the journey.

That is one hell of a statement BV! Like it!
BTW, I have no confidence we will get 6 wins next year, let alone 8+.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:05 am 
Rod Ashman

No less that 10 wins is the break even.
With a "healthy list" we get back doc, new leadership, maybe a couple of acquisitions and we are right on track.
A better attacking game plan and there a no excuses for a failing.
In 2016 we had 6 wins and the wipe out of 2017 with the injury excuse so a couple of years growth and better support we should shoot up, unless we find other reasons for our lack of progression.
Three years in the system from the start of our rebuild and we should be making some headway.
Now before you jump down my throat you staunch club representatives i didn't say we will make the finals that would be an unreachable goal to shoot for right now, we would have to score to win and that might take a couple more years for that to happen. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

8-12.
would you believe
7-10
alright
6-8
maybe 5-7
ok, 4 wins and 1 draw.
how about 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 good effort....
or 2 wins a fire sale,
and go tassie blues.
it's all good. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:51 am 
Stephen Silvagni

whichever way you look at it next yer will be full of drama and action - either more wins and excitement or a sakcing and despair - hold on for the ride !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:01 pm 
Robert Walls

Rexy wrote:
whichever way you look at it next yer will be full of drama and action - either more wins and excitement or a sakcing and despair - hold on for the ride !

Excitement...
After the disaster of a year we've had, no stone will be left unturned. SOS and BB are warriors. Do not kid yourselves. They have something to prove
We WILL win 8 games minimum

The phoenix will rise from the ashes...and out of it's beak will appear...lazarus

Our first test will be to beat GC here if we play then in the first few weeks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

After leading 13 times in last qtrs last year I expected 10 wins this year but would have taken 6 with the injuries. Can't cop 2 on top of the big number of humiliating thrashings with no effort. Even that last round side I'd good enough for 6 wins. Last year, fought to the death, this year we just gave up so often. When that happens respect is out the window.

After 7 and 6 wins, not to mention the 7 times we led in the last qtr and lost, in our first two years, I expect nothing short of pushing for finals hard next year, even if we miss. Bet that doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

So you're already setting yourself up to consider Bolton a shit coach next year as well?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Pushing for finals?

After a 2 win season?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
So you're already setting yourself up to consider Bolton a shit coach next year as well?

What part of this year you not see. A shit coach is a shit coach. That's not changing. None so blind that will not see.

Another non AFL playing coach who won't do any good with s Victorian club.

Last edited by jim on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wojee wrote:
Pushing for finals?

After a 2 win season?

Think a little harder on that one rather than basically. After 7 wins, 6 wins as well as leading 7 times in last qtrs too afterv2 years where do you think we should be after 4 years. We should be pushing for finals. We won't be but should be. Anyone should know that. Melbourne were. Roos took over a rebuild with 2 wins, had 10 wins by the 3rd. That's the difference. They had a good coach, we have a shit one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Pushing for finals?

After a 2 win season?

Think a little harder on that one rather than basically. After 7 wins, 6 wins as well as leading 7 times in last qtrs too afterv2 years where do you think we should be after 4 years. We should be pushing for finals. We won't be but should be. Anyone should know that. Melbourne were. Roos took over a rebuild with 2 wins, had 10 wins by the 3rd. That's the difference. They had a good coach, we have a shit one.

Hmmmmmm.........so let me get this straight. Roos took "over" a team in rebuild that had 2 wins and by the 3rd year they had 10, yet you think we should be playing finals the year after 2 wins. And to make it more confusing, you think that 10 wins will have us pushing for the finals, even though 4 teams this year had 12 wins and didn't make the top 8!

Clearly thinking harder isn't working... :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 350  Next