Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:48 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
You can see the process has started.
We are currently in coach protection mode but it is inevitable he will gone if wins don't come.
The signs are there.
Senior players coming out saying players need to take more responsibility
Rumors of tension between list managers and coach
Coach saying that the entire club is working through it.
Members of the board trying to justify the club's position.
Talk of some players not being happy and would be better off elsewhere.

Its the death march we have all been here before.
Malthouse sacked
Ratten sacked
Pagan sacked
Brittain sacked
Parkin moved aside
Jezza's sacked
Walls sacked
Parkin sacked
Jones sacked
Jezza's sacked
Stewart sacked
Thurgood sacked
Nicola pushed aside

All big names some giants of the industry all with better coaching records than Bolton.

Its only a matter of time
We are now defined by wins and losses.
This isn't a cop out any more

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The thing that's changed is the way he will go. He won't be 'sakced' by the Board,but Bolts will decide to step aside for the club and the boys. Pressures on family etc etc.

Club will say they wanted him to continue blah blah blah, but respect his decision.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:04 am 
Harry Vallence

Just waiting for the pres to come out and announce that the whole club from him down to the boot studder are right behind Bolts, then we'll know he's gone.

I can't see any point in removing him before the end of the season, but the next 3 games will be crucial to Bolts survival. Neither the Dogs, Hawthorn or North are anything special, if we don't win at least one of those bye, bye Bolts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:26 am 
Harry Vallence

This guy came back from the depths .....

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/golf ... 75ade99522

.... dead and buried and been through hell and back. Took 10 years but what a comeback !!

Over to you Blues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Talk on the couch that he is micro-managing the coaching and overdoing the review process, thus confusing the players.
Of course we don't know but it might be an indication as to why players seem confused and their natural instincts seem to have been coached out of them.

The "talk" is coming from Tom Morris.
He is a shitful journo and consistently puts 2 and 2 together to come up with 7. Let's wait until it comes from someone with the slightest hint of credibility.

Good onya BV.

I can't believe our supporters could be party to feeding the desired response from the rumour mill or "talk" created by this weasel Tom Morris. One friggin sport journo looking to make story. None of the cast of the show were party to that "talk".

If you have a good look at Tom The Weasel Morris on the show, Gerard Healey couldn't stand to look at Morris and when he did look up at his, in disgust, he doubted everything Tom said. Everything The Weasel said was followed up by a suspicious smirk from Healey and a comment questioning the reality of the rumours created by Weasel. It was like Gerard knew Tom The Weasel Morris was making up rumours.

Then at the end of the interview Gerard acknowledges Tom's union putting pressure on Healey to give Tom the stage OMG.

Now is not the time to be joining weasels like Tom and sticking the boots into Carlton FC, SOS and the coach.

I'm getting a little sick of the snipers. They are not giving opinions, they are purely and simply trying to find any evidence to support their hypothesis on the state of Carlton, but its nothing but guess work out of frustration and pure sniping. Get a grip and question the messenger.

Give us some facts. Don't push out the unsubstantiated rumours. Too gullible.

Media always start rumours and controversy to sell news. How could you put all your faith in those Carlton haters?

The win loss record is poor, but there's reasons. We knew there would be pain. We knew we couldnt afford injuries. But this years 0-4 record is not one which makes us look the disgrace some of you are peddling.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 am 
Harry Vallence

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/4-points-time-for-carlton-s-players-to-look-in-the-mirror-20190414-p51e3l.html

Quote:
The players must take responsibility for this loss because it was their decisions that cost the team a win, not the coach.

A decent read, although it wont appease some peoples agendas on here....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

We should all just shut up and let this season unfold.

If he needs sacking at the end of the year, do it then. As shitful that loss was, I haven't yet lost faith. The wins will come soon enough.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

Caro highlighting McKay & SPS as players who haven’t progressed is a perfect illustration of her footy knowledge. She knows a good footy politics story but game analysis is not her thing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

emtwenty wrote:
Caro highlighting McKay & SPS as players who haven’t progressed is a perfect illustration of her footy knowledge. She knows a good footy politics story but game analysis is not her thing

Sorry I didn't catch Footy Classified, but did Caro really state that McKay has not progressed :eek: :shocked:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Talk on the couch that he is micro-managing the coaching and overdoing the review process, thus confusing the players.
Of course we don't know but it might be an indication as to why players seem confused and their natural instincts seem to have been coached out of them.

He is a shitful journo and consistently puts 2 and 2 together to come up with 7. Let's wait until it comes from someone with the slightest hint of credibility.

Good onya BV.

I can't believe our supporters could be party to feeding the desired response from the rumour mill or "talk" created by this weasel Tom Morris. One friggin sport journo looking to make story. None of the cast of the show were party to that "talk".

If you have a good look at Tom The Weasel Morris on the show, Gerard Healey couldn't stand to look at Morris and when he did look up at his, in disgust, he doubted everything Tom said. Everything The Weasel said was followed up by a suspicious smirk from Healey and a comment questioning the reality of the rumours created by Weasel. It was like Gerard knew Tom The Weasel Morris was making up rumours.

Then at the end of the interview Gerard acknowledges Tom's union putting pressure on Healey to give Tom the stage OMG.

Now is not the time to be joining weasels like Tom and sticking the boots into Carlton FC, SOS and the coach.

I'm getting a little sick of the snipers. They are not giving opinions, they are purely and simply trying to find any evidence to support their hypothesis on the state of Carlton, but its nothing but guess work out of frustration and pure sniping. Get a grip and question the messenger.

Media always start rumours and controversy to sell news. How could you put all your faith in those Carlton haters?

The win loss record is poor, but there's reasons. We knew there would be pain. We knew we couldnt afford injuries. But this years 0-4 record is not one which makes us look the disgrace some of you are peddling.

I did say 'we don't know but...'
You've been very quick on the trigger of late, Bondi.
Most unlike you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

Steve_C7 wrote:
emtwenty wrote:

Sorry I didn't catch Footy Classified, but did Caro really state that McKay has not progressed :eek: :shocked:

She straight out asked Judd why those two specifically had not progressed (& that supporters were concerned about those two). Judd replies with Mckay’s Contested marks for year & followed up with all other 4th year players are on track. If she wanted to be critical she should’ve asked about Charlie or Obrien

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 pm 
Bruce Comben

She was spot on about SPS however, and named him specifically, twice - Juddy deflected on him altogether!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Judd was quite impressive I thought

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Judd was quite impressive I thought

Agreed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
As I have said previously, you get nothing if you sakc in the season, if you must wait the season out.

I don't agree. If you decide he's not your man, you move him on and bring in a caretaker.

How's that worked for us in the past?

I'm old enough to remember when it worked a treat.

We're not playing for a high pick this year, we're playing for the lowest we can get. We want to be above the Crows. If that's possible by removing the current coaches and getting some wins on the board, then do it. We also want to get wins into the kids. If Bolton can't provide that, then having him coach out the year will have a negative impact on the group.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You gain something if the coach has lost the player's support.
I don't think that is the case at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Good onya BV.

I did say 'we don't know but...'
You've been very quick on the trigger of late, Bondi.
Most unlike you.

BS I have just stated facts.

Having a read of your post and it seems to me you're possibly believing Weasel Tom's rumours into possibilities or an 'indication' something is brewing. Everything he said is bullshit. Ditto Ralph. Ditto Caro.

No trigger from me. Just calling out a rumour monger in the hope posters don't turn the rumours into fact.

The Weasel is a friggin Demons supporter and was banned from Demonland last year for the blatatnt headline rumours he started. Remember his headline " Goodwin to hand in his resignation this week?" and plenty of others. Just listen to him. He makes it up like robbo and Caro and Ralphy and all the sport journos lacking any cred.

I hate seeing a pretender like the Weasel on Gerard's Couch, and I hate it when Gerard is blatant about his disdain of The Weasel and then it further irks me when some of our supporters using comments like his to build a case against the club. Its happening.

What about Weasel's suggestion Jack look for another club in an attempt to create some kind of conflict in SOS' role at the club. He's a flower. Just look at him and his childish smirks.

What we have is a slow, measured build.
There's going to be bumps along the way. Acknowledge them.
@#$%&! the focus on the coach. I want goals generated by the midfield and forwards. Fix it!

We are not in a finals window let alone a premiership window.
I'm sick of the focus being on the Coach, the Recruiter and The club..

Why wasn't McGovern on the goal line?
Why did Murphy not try one last attempt at goal instead of pulling thhe kick?
Why didn't Simmo lock it in?
Why didnt LOB try and lock it in?
Why did Dow go inside with the handball?
Wwhy did Dow's kick miss its intended target?

Easy to blame the coach, SOS and The Club.
Heat of the moment stuff. Players make Mistakes.
Dow is playing really well but the focus today is on his kicking.

I felt sick when the GC kicked that goal with 10 seconds to go.
Every Bluebagger felt sick. I still feel sick.
Then you get Caro and Damian and Lloyd and Ralph stick the boots in.
Then you get some supporters joining them for different reasons.
Ii'm sticking up for the club. We are not far away from turning this around.

We should stick together and acknowledge the improvements we have made and highlight the areas we need to fix: Connection between Midfield and Fowardline.

Forget about the last 20 years.
The time is now. We have a whole season ahead of us.

We will continue to see improvement and when the personnel return we will see changes in game plan too....one which gives us goals.

If I can get over last weeks loss I will enjoy looking forward to our next challenge.
Bring it on!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 pm 
Robert Walls

Hey Jim

Going back a few posts

Please explain to us all how YOU knew that Hardwick could coach at the end of the 2016 season when the club almost sacked him?

And also, this rabble you referred to as Richmond that Hardwick built, had in 2016 Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Grimes, Astbury, Edwards, Deledio, Vlastuin, Lambert, Ellis, Castagna, Grigg, McIntosh, Houli, Butler, Rioli, Townsend, Maric

And... If you want to pump your chest out with your faux bully boy attitude, can I ask that you return serve with something more vitriolic, acerbic or witty than your usual, 'jog on'. It makes you sound obtuse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

sprint on?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:56 pm 
Robert Walls

grrofunger wrote:
sprint on?

Ok...incremental improvement grro...I see some green shoots in your response

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Good onya BV.

:clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 350  Next