Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Duke wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
what we dont know is what is game plan vs poor execution. the long bombs to Gibbons were baffling

I'm on holidays on the Sunshine Coast. I drove my family 2h20min each way for that shit. I just could not believe we were kicking it to Gibbons when we have McKay, Levi, McGovern and Charlie to chose from.

It's proof that Bolton is so far out of his depth it's embarrassing.

You might want to watch his presser then where he was asked about that. He pretty much said that was just poor decision making and a lack of composure by the players and he highlighted the disconnect between our mids and forwards. He's pretty much on the money, but as I have been saying since the draft, our midfield is too young, small and inexperienced for us to be expecting more than a few wins this year. Let's hope Kreuzer, Lang and Kennedy come back soon to alleviate some of the pressure for them.

Hope is all we've got but it's not going to make any difference. I'll put my house on it.

The buck stops with Bolton. If there's a lack of composure, poor decision making to that extent, it comes back to the head coach.

Surely even you could've seen at the game what we seen on TV, our mids constantly getting out muscled all around the ground and we won't even talk about Lobbe. This total inability to match opposition midfields is costing us any chances to win games so far and unfortunately the only solution this year is either time for the kids to gain more experience, having Kreuzer, Lang and Kennedy back from injury or in the mid season draft get an older head like Barlow to booster the middle and have some on-field leadership. And don't for 1 minute discount the lack of older cool heads in the middle directing players on-field with the new runner rules.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Duke wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
what we dont know is what is game plan vs poor execution. the long bombs to Gibbons were baffling

I'm on holidays on the Sunshine Coast. I drove my family 2h20min each way for that shit. I just could not believe we were kicking it to Gibbons when we have McKay, Levi, McGovern and Charlie to chose from.

It's proof that Bolton is so far out of his depth it's embarrassing.

You might want to watch his presser then where he was asked about that. He pretty much said that was just poor decision making and a lack of composure by the players and he highlighted the disconnect between our mids and forwards. He's pretty much on the money, but as I have been saying since the draft, our midfield is too young, small and inexperienced for us to be expecting more than a few wins this year. Let's hope Kreuzer, Lang and Kennedy come back soon to alleviate some of the pressure for them.

Hope is all we've got but it's not going to make any difference. I'll put my house on it.

The buck stops with Bolton. If there's a lack of composure, poor decision making to that extent, it comes back to the head coach.

If his job is head coach he’s doing a fantastic job cause we suck more than anyone else in the comp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 pm 
John James

Are we the only club that brings in talent and then somehow manage to worsen these players as they stay in our system?!

What the @#$%&! is going on down there?

Sorry bolts, but we should be a lot further along then where we are now. This team is not showing anything - so disheartening

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dow's kicking is getting worse. I mean do they actually work on that at training?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 pm 
Robert Walls

Paddycripps wrote:
Dow's kicking is getting worse. I mean do they actually work on that at training?

Zac Fisher and SPS have the most natural kicking styles

Get Heath Scotland to the club...he was a beautiful kick on both sides

Last edited by 99prelim on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:

I reckon it's because of perceived pressure. Maybe they should just tell him to handball for a while like Crippa used to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sidefx wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I reckon it's because of perceived pressure. Maybe they should just tell him to handball for a while like Crippa used to.

did you see his last handball of the match?

anyway, at least he's finding the ball and getting clearances
composure and polish can come in time i hope

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm 
Robert Walls

Sidefx wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

That's a good point

This year, Dow has really ramped up his visbility around the contest, which is a good thing. This means he's got less space. Maybe he's struggling to get his brain to think quicker about the best decision to make, when he's worried about what's around him. It's called composure

I would not drop him at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

So we're the medium and short bombs to him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

From Bolt's presser

"To the supporters. We're hurting with you. We're frustrated with you."

We don't believe you.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

The BBQs aren't working

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
The BBQs aren't working
I love you guys

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

doofdoof wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

did you see his last handball of the match?

anyway, at least he's finding the ball and getting clearances
composure and polish can come in time i hope

Yes, that one was special. :grin:
I am more concerned about the decision to go short and inboard rather than kick long to a free player on the boundary. At least they are taking risks I suppose, just at the wrong time and wrong part of the field. Maybe his kicking is spooking him a little too.

But you're right, he is finding a lot of the ball and putting himself in the game, which is a great thing for his development. If he gets his disposals right he will be killing it for us. Maybe he needs to have a Zen/meditation coach. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Zac Fisher and SPS have the most natural kicking styles

Get Heath Scotland to the club...he was a beautiful kick on both sides

he would be too busy being a fireman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:25 am 
Stephen Silvagni

It’s almost like playing AFL is built up to be so difficult that the players believe it.
You can see it in their play - there’s no fun to it - no enjoyment - so arduous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:12 am 
Harry Vallence

Really hoped that Bolts would work out. But since the North debacle last year in Tassie l have lost faith in turning this around.

The job is too hard in an 18 team comp. Clubs do not gut a list as deep and hard as what we’ve done. The climb back is too difficult especially if you have the worst leadership group in the league.

Bolts needs top shelf assistants to help him through but other than Amos who he has called out we’re average in this department.

And BTW I’m absolutely flabbergasted that John Barker is still at the club.

Just as a comparison Mark Neeld was given the boot after winning 5 from 33.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:20 am 
Harry Vallence

58 games since we scored 100 points.
If that’s not an issue I don’t Know what it.
Yesterday we scored 57 points.. the game should have been over but the stupidity defensive mindset and crumbs of a game plan (perhaps) make it impossible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brad Lloyd is so unconvincing in media. Sounds like he has no confidence in Bolts
..and doing a poor job of selling hope on SEN right now. Not a media performer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

My God that was depressing.
And he is head of football dept? Does he have a good track record? Wasn't Freo crap while he was there?
No confidence in his voice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 am 
Stephen Silvagni

dadadadada wrote:
Bring in Luke Hodge next year as coach
Sam Mitchell thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273 ... 350  Next