Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am 
Craig Bradley

grrofunger wrote:
jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
I still cant remember winning 4 in a row.

Bolton's first year. We lost the first 4 then won 6 of the next 7 including 4 in a row.

So exactly like this year.

Can only hope.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
I still cant remember winning 4 in a row.

Bolton's first year. We lost the first 4 then won 6 of the next 7 including 4 in a row.

So exactly like this year.

I can see what you see... not dead people... Carlton wins....4 in a row.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

verbs wrote:
BigKev wrote:
verbs wrote:
Looks like we're trending in the right direction up forward:

I'm lost. How is that dotted brown line derived? I'm assuming that the vertical column is number of scoring shots. To my eyes it looks like we were going better around the 20-25 mark on the horizontal scale, but the brown line says things are better now even though the "towers" look lower to me.

The dotted line is a polynomial trend line.

Looks like a poly-bullshit trend line to me.

Maybe we're not actually scoring any more often but we're feeling better about things anyway. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Yup. What they say about Geelong must be true.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:04 am 
Stephen Kernahan

That yellow circle makes all the difference...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Coaching staff

O'Meara ?????????

Anyone ????????

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:16 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yeah... Cripps well held but O'Meara was allowed 42 touches... we only paid attention to him half way through the last qtr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Coaching staff

O'Meara ?????????

Anyone ????????

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I posted at half time that Ed should go to O'Meara and so did others.
It took until half way through the last before he was tagged.
That is just not good enough.

Also, Cripps was tagged all game but there was no attempt to change the stoppage structure. They just waited until he got it and tackled him from behind as soon as the ball reached him.
No attempt to send it to SPS or anybody else for that matter. They could have sent Cripps to the FP and ut Gibbons in for five minutes. Something.
Anything.
Nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:33 pm 
Horrie Clover

Bolton is not the man to take us to the next level

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

It was bizarre - but at least we're now heading in the right direction. I didn't see the second half, but the first was a 1000% improvement on 2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:12 pm 
Horrie Clover

The second half was totally predictable.
We went to water, Bolts sat at his desk dumbfounded, no idea what to do so did nothing at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sadly Bolts was a rabbit in the spotlight today. Hamstrung by losses of Simmo and Newman yes, but the failure to tag O'Meara was negligent and unacceptable. Lose to North and he is again under pressure as he should be......

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:34 am 
Harry Vallence

Agree with the above posts especially regarding Cripps but, it doesn't matter how astute the coach is if the players keep turning the ball over. Bad disposal just kills you, can't win many games if players keep missing targets as often as our players do. We use the ball better and there was no way Hawthorn got back into the contest.

There's so much to like right now with our young list but, as is probably to be expected we can't string four quarters together, can't stop an opposition when they get a run on. If the Doggies kicked accurately in the second quarter last week we'd probably still be winless. Line in the sand game next week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 am 
Robert Walls

I was a little disappointed in the lack of moves yesterday.

Cripps forward. Silvagni back. Gibbons on-ball. Curnow to tag.

I understand we're a process-driven side. We practice to play a certain way and we try and execute that in each passage of play, but there's still room for mixing it up and seeing what happens if the process isn't working.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:52 am 
Bruce Doull

Given O'Meara had had more than half of his possessions in the first half, while his side was ineffectual, I'm guessing his overall influence on the outcome, especially after half time probably wasn't as strong as other Hawthorn players who began to lift. Not sure jumping up and down saying "But Daaaaaaad, Jaeger had 42 touches so that means the coach must be shit" is really the best analysis.

What else changed, either for us or for the Hawks?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

camelboy wrote:
Given O'Meara had had more than half of his possessions in the first half, while his side was ineffectual, I'm guessing his overall influence on the outcome, especially after half time probably wasn't as strong as other Hawthorn players who began to lift. Not sure jumping up and down saying "But Daaaaaaad, Jaeger had 42 touches so that means the coach must be shit" is really the best analysis.

We lost Simo early in the 3rd and didn't adjust quickly enough, then when the heat was really on, we made some poor decisions and bombed down the line rather that holding onto the ball and being brave with our ball use.

Hard to see without being at the game, but we don't seem to pull the trigger until we are set up behind the ball and without simmo and newman playing out the second half, we were slow to do this.

Will cut some slack with Bolts for this as it's hard to reconfigure the backline with such an inexperienced side and no runners.

I thought that the last quarter was much better than the 3rd in terms of structure and although we gave up similar shots on goal, we gave ourselves much better chance to score ourselves.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:13 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Can't fault the preparation and mindset of the players given the first half. Not much the coaches can do when players (some senior players) cough the ball up in congestion as they did in the 3rd qtr.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camelboy wrote:

Did you watch the game? hawks made adjustments, came back and dominated the 2nd quarter, but couldn't score and it was all off the back of o'meara.

cue the third, and the combination of losing simpson and not putting a body on o'meara (Ed) opened the floodgates.

I woulda loved to have seen a few tweaks up front too to release harry, or swap harry and gov around. harry never got near the ball after he 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
camelboy wrote:

Did you watch the game? hawks made adjustments, came back and dominated the 2nd quarter, but couldn't score and it was all off the back of o'meara.

cue the third, and the combination of losing simpson and not putting a body on o'meara (Ed) opened the floodgates.

I woulda loved to have seen a few tweaks up front too to release harry, or swap harry and gov around. harry never got near the ball after he 1st.

Harry is an interesting one, opposition are parking the bus in front of him and backing up to stop him jumping at the ball.

The tactic is illegal and should be paid as a block, but to Harry's credit he doesn't milk it like Roughead or other players do.

I hope that Harry continues to play the way he does because if you keep playing like a man, the umps will protect you EVENTUALLY.

McGovern needs to put himself in more dangerous positions so that it frees Harry a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

camelboy wrote:

Sorta agree.............i thought the bloke that set 'em up was Jarman Impey.Set 'em up quarterback style.I would have someone sitting on Impey.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 350  Next