Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
Really enjoyed reading both opinions Braithy and BV. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Me too.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:35 am 
Stephen Kernahan

MarkNo3 wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
Did anyone else notice the Mick Malthouse like game plan of kicking it down the line. It inevitably resulted in a turn over by either a shit kick that ended up out on the full or in the times we actually managed to get into the forward line the Richmond backs had set up to cover the very limited entry points into F50 and slingshotted into their own attack time and time again. If the best Bolton has is the Collingwood gameplan of 2010 he is in big trouble. I hope it's not the case, but it's hard to hold faith based on last year and the start of this year. Yes we played arguably the best team in the comp, so I only hope that it's onwards and upwards from here

Our game plan is nothing like Malthouses. Malthouses game plan was hugging the boundary and seeking the safety of it if we turned it over. It was incredibly negative - I havent worked out what we are trying to achieve but we are looking to go far more direct than we have for a long time which suggest the coaches have faith in our skills moving forward. The biggest negative I saw was how easily we got pushed of the contest in the first quarter - not because we wernt willing but because we were physically smaller.

That's exactly what we did for most of the game on Thursday. You don't get 9 oobotf running the footy through the middle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:46 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

doofdoof wrote:
that felt like a 10 goal loss to you?

yeah it honestly did. it felt like they were toying with us for most of the night. 27 shots to 19. could have realistically been a 10 goal loss on the scoreboard.

when we got back to 12 down with 5mins to go in the third ... i was hopeful. but that was also the very emotional fan in me wanting it; rather than me honestly thinking we were a chance. even without rance it didn't matter, we couldn't penetrate their midfield to stretch them at the back.

put it this way ... i thought we were better this game last year. i genuinely thought we were primed for a good season after our round one game a year ago.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:19 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Sombrero wrote:
MarkNo3 wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
Did anyone else notice the Mick Malthouse like game plan of kicking it down the line. It inevitably resulted in a turn over by either a shit kick that ended up out on the full or in the times we actually managed to get into the forward line the Richmond backs had set up to cover the very limited entry points into F50 and slingshotted into their own attack time and time again. If the best Bolton has is the Collingwood gameplan of 2010 he is in big trouble. I hope it's not the case, but it's hard to hold faith based on last year and the start of this year. Yes we played arguably the best team in the comp, so I only hope that it's onwards and upwards from here

Our game plan is nothing like Malthouses. Malthouses game plan was hugging the boundary and seeking the safety of it if we turned it over. It was incredibly negative - I havent worked out what we are trying to achieve but we are looking to go far more direct than we have for a long time which suggest the coaches have faith in our skills moving forward. The biggest negative I saw was how easily we got pushed of the contest in the first quarter - not because we wernt willing but because we were physically smaller.

That's exactly what we did for most of the game on Thursday. You don't get 9 oobotf running the footy through the middle.

I must admit I also thought I was seeing a return to the MM boundary game plan last Thursday many time during the match, however I saw a few other teams doing the same thing during the last few days so we aren’t the only ones.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

MarkNo3 wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

That is exactly my point... we did hug the boundary more often than not like we were trying to mitigate the damage of turnovers. Now whether that was because Richmond set up so well that our players felt like they were pushed wide or whether that is the instruction from the coaching panel, I don't know. I sincerely hope it's not how we intend to move the ball this year. Slow wide ball movement is not going to get you anywhere in the modern game

Last edited by The_Cranium on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:50 pm 
Ken Hands

https://outline.com/Ptn9Cv

Not sure where to put this. The obvious comparison for the Hannebery recruitment being Carlton getting Thomas, both fantastic for their first clubs, bodies obviously struggling by the time they switched clubs. Doesn't stop Mick from potting the Saints, perhaps he's hoping no-one will remember what he did to our list.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:24 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

If we play a keepings off hug the boundary line style then that invites the opposition to pressure us whereas if we attack the opposition when we have possession that creates pressure and mistakes from them. Port did it so well with their young team.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

The melts in here if GC won today....

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

We spent a huge chunk of training at the session i went to practicing kicking it long down the boundary line from defence to attack

Then did it in the game

It's clearly a plan

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
If we play a keepings off hug the boundary line style then that invites the opposition to pressure us whereas if we attack the opposition when we have possession that creates pressure and mistakes from them. Port did it so well with their young team.

PLUS
If all our blokes are on the boundary waiting for the ball, where are the biggest gaps?

Bingo.

Down the centre, where we got exposed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

As I mentioned in another thread, against the tiges I lost count of the times our players inside had their hands up calling for the ball and being ignored.

We refused to go down the middle even when the opportunity presented itself.

Banged the ball long around the boundary or chip, chip, and if we haven't handed it over, banged it long into the forward line for a rebound.

You could count on it.

Whatever happened to varying the game plan. Go down the centre. Or switch play to the other wing. Is it that radical. I do not think so and it keeps other teams guessing. Surely.

And we keep our current style of play as well.

Either our players are too dumb to learn new game plans or the coaching staff are too dumb to recognise our outmoded game plan.

Or I am so dumb I am missing something. Which I do not rule out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
Good to see the usual suspects are wasting no time resuming normal service.

Just thinking that myself. :clap:

Plus, forget the fact that we have 6 new players, players returning from injuries and a list mostly full of kids.

I mean, yeah it's a round 1 loss, let's sack the coach, his assistants and get a new game plan because we are completely crap........oh wait that's *Essendon* (I wonder what our critical couch coaches think of Woosha's coaching and game plan).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Plus, forget the fact that we have 6 new players, players returning from injuries and a list mostly full of kids.

I mean, yeah it's a round 1 loss, let's sack the coach, his assistants and get a new game plan because we are completely crap........oh wait that's *Essendon** (I wonder what our critical couch coaches think of Woosha's coaching and game plan).

Same trolls every year!!
Pretend supporters!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Trigger wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I mean, yeah it's a round 1 loss, let's sack the coach, his assistants and get a new game plan because we are completely crap........oh wait that's *Essendon*** (I wonder what our critical couch coaches think of Woosha's coaching and game plan).

Same trolls every year!!
Pretend supporters!!

Actually supporters should not be used in my statement.!! My Bad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Listen you 2. You may or may not have been at the tiges game. I was. The game plan was abysmal. OK?

You do not have kids or new players as an excuse for that. It is a game plan for heavans sake.

No reason why a kid cannot kick to the centre when you have Simmo with his hands up hopping up and down yelling for it.

Unless I am missing something you are not.

This game plan has not changed while BB has been in charge. It would be nice if he tinkered with it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I mean, yeah it's a round 1 loss, let's sack the coach, his assistants and get a new game plan because we are completely crap........oh wait that's *Essendon**** (I wonder what our critical couch coaches think of Woosha's coaching and game plan).

Same trolls every year!!
Pretend supporters!!

True supporters want to see the side win and dont accept that a team of professionals both on and off the field can front up each year with the bullshit excuse of developing.

We have been in a developing stage for nearly 20 years .
Some supporters are fed up with it.

We are not watching Under 12 here

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

We all are Syd...

we're all fed up... but many of us are a
little more realistic...!

we played this year's flag favourites...
please don't make me remind you were
we finished last year...!

we were 3 to 4 acts of poise away from
being right amongst it...!

personally... I'm giving the team 10
game's before I get to your levels of
despair...(if at all really...)...!

hopefully the boys can keep the % at a
respectable level...and improve in steady
in
crements...!

kindest regards tommi

don't think I didn't bash the arm rest with
my hand Syd...i still scare my 21 year
old nephew...!

let's have some.faith man...and wait a
few weeks...!

COME here...give me a hug ya weirdo...!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
We all are Syd...

we're all fed up... but many of us are a
little more realistic...!

we played this year's flag favourites...
please don't make me remind you were
we finished last year...!

we were 3 to 4 acts of poise away from
being right amongst it...!

personally... I'm giving the team 10
game's before I get to your levels of
despair...(if at all really...)...!

hopefully the boys can keep the % at a
respectable level...and improve in steady
in
crements...!

kindest regards tommi

don't think I didn't bash the arm rest with
my hand Syd...i still scare my 21 year
old nephew...!

let's have some.faith man...and wait a
few weeks...!

COME here...give me a hug ya weirdo...!
I need some loving
Group hug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Listen you 2. You may or may not have been at the tiges game. I was. The game plan was abysmal. OK?

You do not have kids or new players as an excuse for that. It is a game plan for heavans sake.

No reason why a kid cannot kick to the centre when you have Simmo with his hands up hopping up and down yelling for it.

Unless I am missing something you are not.

This game plan has not changed while BB has been in charge. It would be nice if he tinkered with it.

The problem I and many others have, is supporters like yourself are always trying to find a reason the team is going to fail (mainly the coaching though). I want us to win as bad as any other Carlton supporter but if you actually thought we could win against the Tigers before the game, you are delusional.

I was not at the game and I only partially saw the game as I was on holidays. But what I seen in the game plan, effort and execution of the players in the 2nd and 3rd quarters is pretty exciting for us to build on (the same plan or not).

And more importantly the result of the game as a whole is pretty good for us especially if you compare us to *Essendon*.

My point is there is a lot more to look forward to this year with a better/healthier list and a bit of perspective is required on the next stage of the teams development.

So, stop knocking the team/coaching and let's all just sit back and enjoy the first few rounds to see how everything starts to develop.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I mean, yeah it's a round 1 loss, let's sack the coach, his assistants and get a new game plan because we are completely crap........oh wait that's *Essendon***** (I wonder what our critical couch coaches think of Woosha's coaching and game plan).

Same trolls every year!!
Pretend supporters!!

True supporters want to see the side win and dont accept that a team of professionals both on and off the field can front up each year with the bullshit excuse of developing.

We have been in a developing stage for nearly 20 years .
Some supporters are fed up with it.

We are not watching Under 12 here

Still being dramatic I see SB.
Well, let's not let any facts ruin this drama, hey?

I'll join you detractors at the end of the season if we only win 2 games and get another spoon, not after the first round against a team that now has one of (if not) the best forward lines in the comp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 350  Next