Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stranger wrote:
Get James Hird ASAP
This clueless goose is killing this club

Sorry...what????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Comedy post of the year. :thanks:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
We didn’t have a good senior core to start with.

Couldn’t agree more, it’s pretty simple.

As a start. What about:

Betts
Robinson
Gibbs
Shiel
Lambert

They would have been handy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

dlb99 wrote:
Time is up.

He has failed.
He needs to go, or better yet resign.

This is KILLING our club.

Agree.
He can join Bill Shorten in the unemployment queue.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
I just don't get it.... not after last week
Same.
What causes the performances like today and against Norf??

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

missnaut wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
I just don't get it.... not after last week
Same.
What causes the performances like today and against Norf??

Cripps getting locked down in the first quarter and no one else able/willing to step up.

Our golf bag consists of the Cripps One Wood....when that's off we're [REDACTED].

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Who in their right mind would take on the job to replace Bolton and what would all the talk about patience and hard work say to Cripps if we start reacting to bad results by sacking the coach.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:51 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

FFS, he's basically had 2 bad days this year, same number as Leon Cameron.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

P Cripps has received coaches votes in all but two games - against NM and GWS (I think it's safe to say he won't get any for today's game).

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 pm 
Ken Hands

WOW wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

As a start. What about:

Betts
Robinson
Gibbs
Shiel
Lambert

Are you blaming Bolton for those names not being at Carlton? Apologies if you're not BUT Malthouse let Betts and Robinson go. Lambert was drafted to Richmond while Malthouse was coach. So all 3 are irrelevant to any discussion about Bolton. Gibbs yep, although he's now a fringe player at the Crows. And Shiel would have probably cost us Walsh and I doubt you'd find too many people who'd be happy with that.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:

Yes but Leon has had 6 good ones against Bolton's 1

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:13 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

DocSherrin III wrote:
Bookie wrote:
I don’t even blame Bolton anymore I think we’re cursed.

Agreed. I blame Murray Vance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:

thanks mosche, i needed that

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

It's Bolton's 4th year as coach and there is still no "collective connectivity" between defence and midfield … even the second worst team in the comp can build an attack by running the ball out of defence and launch a running attack … our stop and prop safety kick to the wing both stalls our forwards making leads but also gives the opposition time to get back. This just one of our many problems and four years in I think we can expect better.

Don't think though that we can just point the finger at Bolton … Stephen Silvagni has not done a good job in assembling a midfield that has the armour to be combative in midfield. He has also not bought in one veteran that could be a point of difference to our young team to either get the team over the line on occasions and/or help prepare them to be better AFL footballers … the likes of Stevie J and Hodge come to mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

ferdinand wrote:
WOW wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
ferdinand wrote:

As a start. What about:

Betts
Robinson
Gibbs
Shiel
Lambert

Are you blaming Bolton for those names not being at Carlton? Apologies if you're not BUT Malthouse let Betts and Robinson go. Lambert was drafted to Richmond while Malthouse was coach. So all 3 are irrelevant to any discussion about Bolton. Gibbs yep, although he's now a fringe player at the Crows. And Shiel would have probably cost us Walsh and I doubt you'd find too many people who'd be happy with that.

I am not blaming Bolton for that

My point is that we have effectively failed with this rebuild due to a lack of balance between having a good senior core of players and younger developing players. The youngsters have been crucified and development has suffered as a result. Continually losing compounds the problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:34 pm 
Ken Hands

Where do people lay blame for insipid performances like today and the NM game? We all know the saying that one of the things you can control is your effort. Why in those two games has ours been so far off the mark? IMO blame should go much more to the players than the coaching staff - as a professional athlete you shouldn't need someone ranting and raving at you each week to get you going, and it's simply not sustainable to expect someone to do that weekly for a group of 22 adults. I just struggle to see how we can show so much promise and desire one week and the next week be witches hats. Anyway I'm interested in peoples thoughts on this, from the sugar coaters who put it down to the inconsistencies of youth to the misery guts who think every action (or non-action) a player takes on the field is exactly what they've been caoched to do.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ferdinand wrote:
Where do people lay blame for insipid performances like today and the NM game? We all know the saying that one of the things you can control is your effort. Why in those two games has ours been so far off the mark? IMO blame should go much more to the players than the coaching staff - as a professional athlete you shouldn't need someone ranting and raving at you each week to get you going, and it's simply not sustainable to expect someone to do that weekly for a group of 22 adults. I just struggle to see how we can show so much promise and desire one week and the next week be witches hats. Anyway I'm interested in peoples thoughts on this, from the sugar coaters who put it down to the inconsistencies of youth to the misery guts who think every action (or non-action) a player takes on the field is exactly what they've been caoched to do.

exactly what nathan Buckley said a couple of years back....professional athletes, not his job to motivate them

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:

So all the other days we lost were good days? We shouldn't make any coaching changes until the end of the year, but gee whiz the bar is set low these days.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

ferdinand wrote:

If a group of players can't motivate themselves, who then should teach them? Someone has to show the way, the buck has to stop somewhere. It's got to be the coach.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ferdinand wrote:
We are not that good.
Some sides don't take us seriously and just put the pedal to the metal when they have to.
NM and GWS had both copped a pasting in the press all week so they both had a point to prove.
They were on from the outset.
As I posted once before its like a dad playing his boy at table tennis he doesn't try that hard until he has too allows the kid to get to 19 all then promptly wins the last 2 points. But some dad's like to teach their kids a lesson and belt them from the first serve that's what we got today.

We are really bad and all these 1st round draft picks are going to be a waste.

But hell I love you guys

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298 ... 350  Next