Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

ColourMan wrote:
The Duke wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
The Duke wrote:
We just de-listed multiple players that were supposed to be better than the players they replaced. I'm sorry, but that's a fail in any man's language. We made our list weaker and incredibly vulnerable to injuries - and 'Murphy's Law'..............................!!!!!!!!

Correct.

And that’s the responsibility of the list manager.

Why was Malthouse responsible for everything and Bolton nothing?

Can’t help with any insights on Malthouse but Bolton was overruled several times with list management decisions....

So you keep saying, and good.....It's not his job.

And FWIW.....

Giving a broken down Rockliff and extra year with more cash would have been irresponsible.

Macredie injury permitting has a lot of more upside than Jack Graham.

And assuming the other one was TDK at #30, potentially that also looks on track.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lucky he wasn’t responsible for Mullett and Shaw either.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blueboy74 wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
The Duke wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
The Duke wrote:
We just de-listed multiple players that were supposed to be better than the players they replaced. I'm sorry, but that's a fail in any man's language. We made our list weaker and incredibly vulnerable to injuries - and 'Murphy's Law'..............................!!!!!!!!

Correct.

And that’s the responsibility of the list manager.

Why was Malthouse responsible for everything and Bolton nothing?

Can’t help with any insights on Malthouse but Bolton was overruled several times with list management decisions....

So you keep saying, and good.....It's not his job.

And FWIW.....

Giving a broken down Rockliff and extra year with more cash would have been irresponsible.

Macredie injury permitting has a lot of more upside than Jack Graham.

And assuming the other one was TDK at #30, potentially that also looks on track.

Duke keeps blaming Bolton for list management decisions... and as we both agree it’s the list manager’s responsibility.

However, your list is nowhere near complete...

The dollars used for Lobbe could have almost covered Rockliff for his first 2 years (in an area we have a major need), I do agree Rockliff wasn’t as good as the Power would have hoped...

And FWIW, I thought Macreadie looked very promising...

Currently, can’t blame Bolton when the make up, and quality of the list is clearly deficient...

The list manager has made over 40 changes to the list in the last three years, and yet has somehow managed to forget to bring in midfielders and small/mid sized forwards (who can apply forward pressure)

While the rest of the league is zigging we’re zagging.... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Jim is a deep thinker and his posts are worth reading.
Unfortunately he has no idea on the modern game and he is disinclined to back away from anything he writes.

He is an important part of TC, regardless of how much we disagree with him.
He rarely goes the man and that is the essence of a site like this. People disagree and get on with it. That's Jim's forte. I don't often agree with him but that isn't important in any way. What is important is that we can all come on here and spruik our ignorance.

I agree his posts are worth reading, but not all of them.
I hate being told what is fact when it is actually opinion.

He rarely goes for the man, but what do you call this:

Quote:
What part of this year you not see. A shit coach is a shit coach. That's not changing. None so blind that will not see.

Does it imply, I'm blind if I don't agree?

Well, whilst I have my doubts about Bolton, I also can see how his hands are tied with the players he's got at his disposal at such an early stage of their development, plus injuries.

We knew the pain we would go through would be greater than the previous year when we traded Gibbs for 2 First rounders. Which was a great deal imo. Then following Docherty's ACL in the first training session, we knew we were in deep trouble, but hoped we could do better than 2017.

Pretty tame stuff to be complaining about, Bondi. Don't go all soft on me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:19 am 
Ken Hunter

midfielders/small forwards brought in
SPS
Fisher
Pickett
LeBois
Cunningham
Dow
Obrien
Garlett
Kennedy
Polson
Lang

now might not be enough
although there is a lot of quality there
and another 4 will help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:57 am 
Stephen Kernahan

You guys do realise we were supposed to be shit this year ?

Maybe not as shit as we ended up being, but very shit all the same.

I would say the plan is to be be much more competitive next year and I think we will. Probably still bottom 4 but around 6 wins.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

knocking on the door of the 8 cimmy boy.
yoo-hooo
let us in!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
knocking on the door of the 8 cimmy boy.
yoo-hooo
let us in!!!!

Anything can happen with the comp as weak as it is.

Just need those extra mids and half as many injuries.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

I would say a decent run with injuries alone and we will be much improved in 2019.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

3 years Melbourne go from 2 wins to 10 under their rebuild and played great finals footy on last night after 5 years. By contrast, we've managed to move in the opposite direction to crash to two wins. Difference? Paul Roos v Brendon Bolton.

Melbourne pushed finals after 4 years. After our first 2 years, 7 wins, 6 wins on top of many a closed loss, that should've been an expectancy here after 4 years. After winning 6 in year 2 and leading another 7 times in last qtrs pushing for finals next year, making it or not, 2 more years down the track. If it doesn't happen it's a failure of our coach.

Can't believe people think, 4 years in, that 6 wins next year is acceptable. We did that in 2017 FFS! We should've got that this year allowing for our injuries. That side last game was good enough for that. We won inside 50s and lost by 100pts. How the hell does that happen. That is an indictment on our coaching, the structures, game plan.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:14 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

jim wrote:
3 years Melbourne go from 2 wins to 10 under their rebuild and played great finals footy on last night after 5 years. By contrast, we've managed to move in the opposite direction to crash to two wins. Difference? Paul Roos v Brendon Bolton.

Melbourne pushed finals after 4 years. After our first 2 years, 7 wins, 6 wins on top of many a closed loss, that should've been an expectancy here after 4 years. After winning 6 in year 2 and leading another 7 times in last qtrs pushing for finals next year, making it or not, 2 more years down the track. If it doesn't happen it's a failure of our coach.

Can't believe people think, 4 years in, that 6 wins next year is acceptable. We did that in 2017 FFS! We should've got that this year allowing for our injuries. That side last game was good enough for that. We won inside 50s and lost by 100pts. How the hell does that happen. That is an indictment on our coaching, the structures, game plan.
And don't forget we we were outscored 7 times by teams with only 12 fit players....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:

I agree jim but we need to see how we start next year then assess.
If we go down the same path then i think the die is cast.
If we play a different way with more inclusions we have a chance of a steep rise.
Anyway we look at it we will always be wrong,
Injuries have killed us and we couldn't play the way we wanted.
We are still in the the rebuild.
We need 23-26 year olds.
Now we have the cattle and we have stuck to the plan. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:

Yeah, but when you've got a shit list and you go shit on it, you've got a shit covered shit list. Then injuries on top of shit gives you steaming shit on shit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
jim wrote:

And don't forget we we were outscored 7 times by teams with only 12 fit players....

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
jim wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

camelboy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
jim wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:23 am 
John James

jim wrote:

Ummmm, Melbourne were rebuilding long before Roos got there. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Hasn't lost in two weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brently8 wrote:
jim wrote:

Ummmm, Melbourne were rebuilding long before Roos got there. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though.
Blues announced rebuild under Malthouse
Forgot to tell Malthouse though

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:16 am 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:

Our list is missing at least 6 - 8 mids, and currently has no effective small or mid sized forwards...

Other than that, the rebuild is complete!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 350  Next