Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:34 pm 
John Nicholls

Matthewzac wrote:
Some positive news from a poster on BF re Bolts and current culture.
‘For what it's worth I spoke to the father of a player yesterday who could not of spoken more highly of the club. The whole club approach from Bolts is outstanding and the families of the players all love him for it, a vastly different approach to what Malthouse did. He essentially said that a few of the older blokes bodies are stuffed and that they just shouldn't be playing but the club is completely limited in who they pick. Group of players are incredibly tight and know the direction they're heading but understand it will take time. Was very refreshing to hear and he finished by saying that the media don't report on this stuff because it doesn't sell papers’.

Good to hear. Next two years will tell the tale.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It's good to hear something positive from the inner circle.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

Taff wrote:
Matthewzac wrote:
Some positive news from a poster on BF re Bolts and current culture.
‘For what it's worth I spoke to the father of a player yesterday who could not of spoken more highly of the club. The whole club approach from Bolts is outstanding and the families of the players all love him for it, a vastly different approach to what Malthouse did. He essentially said that a few of the older blokes bodies are stuffed and that they just shouldn't be playing but the club is completely limited in who they pick. Group of players are incredibly tight and know the direction they're heading but understand it will take time. Was very refreshing to hear and he finished by saying that the media don't report on this stuff because it doesn't sell papers’.

Good to hear. Next two years will tell the tale.

Heard similar things with the draftees last year. A couple of parents were very impressed with us and wanted their kids to be selected by Carlton.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Everything we've heard from "inside sources" has talked about the great environment and the player's absolute commitment and loyalty to Bolton.

But yeah, let's just sakc him. They'll love that.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Duke wrote:
Wojee wrote:
David Parkin on the radio today said there’s something like 174 coaches in the AFL and 32 of them never played at the highest level (actual numbers may be slightly different, I can’t remember precisely). H then said that if you look at high level sport around the world there’s no correlation between being an elite player and being an elite coach coach.

I agree with Braithy. of those 32, how many have been premiership coaches? I genuinely don't know the answer despite my earlier post, but suspect the number is 0.

If that's true then we've taken a massive gamble.

Consider the following;
No coach who's never played at the highest level has ever won a flag.
We've employed a non-playing coach to do what very few coaches have done at all, let alone be successful at, which is to oversee the complete rebuild of our entire list. GWS and GC have yet to play in a GF let alone win one and they had access to all the talent plus 'free agents' from the entire league and they STILL haven't achieved success.

People say 'injuries haven't helped' and 'yeah, but we lost Gibbs which we didn't expect' - Here's the thing....when you're completely pulling a list apart, you need to allow for every single disaster that can feasibly happen, and that includes stars wanting out and injuries to key players.

After 3 drafts we should have a better list, not THE worst list.

Correct!

The list is the list manager's responsibility, as the list manager clearly pointed out on Footy Classified...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
Everything we've heard from "inside sources" has talked about the great environment and the player's absolute commitment and loyalty to Bolton.

I judge on-field not from bits people tell us. Proof of the pudding is in the eating. We are poor in every aspect. After watching this year I'm not sure he's cut out to be a senior coach.

2 wins from 27 games. 10 goals losses to shit side. We are a rabble out there, game plan poor, players with no idea. That's coaching. But hey, let's have more of the same.

We have won 7 games, 6 games as well as leading in 7 games in the last qtr, now a near winless season when we should have been pushing 8-9 wins under normal circumstances with a decent injury run. So if we get a good run with injuries next year we should win 11 games given it's the 4th year. Actually that should be an expectancy by 4 years. No chance under Bolton. It's sack him for get more of the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I judge on-field not from bits people tell us. Proof of the pudding is in the eating. We are poor in every aspect. After watching this year I'm not sure he's cut out to be a senior coach.

2 wins from 27 games. 10 goals losses to shit side. We are a rabble out there, game plan poor, players with no idea. That's coaching. But hey, let's have more of the same.

We have won 7 games, 6 games as well as leading in 7 games in the last qtr, now a near winless season when we should have been pushing 8-9 wins under normal circumstances with a decent injury run. So if we get a good run with injuries next year we should win 11 games given it's the 4th year. Actually that should be an expectancy by 4 years. No chance under Bolton. It's sack him for get more of the same.
Seems we're both capable of cherry picking things to suit our argument.

I'll leave it to the opposition coach to sum it up.

“Pretty hard to perform when you don’t have continuity”

“As long as they stick together they're on the right track”

"Too many in the football just judge on the win/loss column, and that's tough on them"

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
jim wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Seems we're both capable of cherry picking things to suit our argument.

I'll leave it to the opposition coach to sum it up.

“Pretty hard to perform when you don’t have continuity”

“As long as they stick together they're on the right track”

"Too many in the football just judge on the win/loss column, and that's tough on them"

These quotes are from Clarkson, this eras supercoach and his earlier comment was:

'I was in the same situation back in 2005'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

2005 - Clarkson - 1st year - 5 wins - yeahnah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm just wondering whether Clarkson might be trying to help out his longtime buddy. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:19 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Bolton is staying put. Let’s discuss the next GM...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

It's simple for me but I cant speak for the others. I'll just do what you do.
Make shit up. Say things that are blatantly untrue, spread unsubstantiated rumours and when I'm called out and proven to be totally incorrect, take no responsibility. :thumbsup:

haha ... typical shit response from the jet. likes to potshot, but hates to put his lollies on the line.

Sidefx wrote:

Have you not been listening? Even without injuries, we still need more than Cripps and Doc as our A grade 23-28yo and I can't see SOS getting 3-5 of them for pick 1 nor our kids all of a sudden having another 50 games experience over the summer. And I definitely can't see our 30 plus yo all of a sudden getting faster, less injuries and playing the best games of their lives. Nobody here wants us to be on the bottom but FFS be realistic.

Sooooo. last season we win 6, and were leading in another 7 games in the final quarter. could have easily won 10 games, yeah? next season with a full, healthy list, why not push for 8th, 9th? after all, 11 wins gets you in the final 8.

i mean if you're all so convinced bolton is the coach for us and he's just been dealt a crap hand with injuries, why not push for 11 wins?

Seeing as though you've quoted a small section of my comment, let's just go with that. Please inform me of which team currently in the top 8 has a handful of senior players and virtually no middle aged B+ grade players and a large group of kids?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

The Duke wrote:

Clarkson: "Too many in the football just judge on the win/loss column, and that's tough on them"

The Duke wrote:
I'm just wondering whether Clarkson might be trying to help out his longtime buddy. Just a thought.

Or perhaps he just has a better understanding of what's going on than a bunch of people on an internet messageboard?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:38 pm 
Robert Walls

The Duke wrote:

Roughead, Buddy, Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge, Crawford, bateman, Vandeberg, SEwell, Everitt, Holland et flowering al

PAAAAALLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Duke wrote:

"What people need to give some consideration to is not the win-loss column but the number of players who have been exposed to having to play when they've had so many senior guys out injured. That's made it really hard going. They've been crippled by injury and they were again today."

"Too many in the football world judge it just on wins and losses, and that's tough on them."

Alastair Clarkson

I wonder how many injuries they had to their senior players and what was their age demographic in 2005?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:

"What people need to give some consideration to is not the win-loss column but the number of players who have been exposed to having to play when they've had so many senior guys out injured. That's made it really hard going. They've been crippled by injury and they were again today."

"Too many in the football world judge it just on wins and losses, and that's tough on them."

Alastair Clarkson

I wonder how many injuries they had to their senior players and what was their age demographic in 2005?

Whatever it was 3rd year that played in the semi-final, year 4 they were premiers. Recruited some pretty fair players admittedly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie wrote:
The Duke wrote:

Clarkson: "Too many in the football just judge on the win/loss column, and that's tough on them"

The Duke wrote:

Or perhaps he just has a better understanding of what's going on than a bunch of people on an internet messageboard?

Fine. I'm prepared to back my judgement. $100 says Bolton doesn't coach us to a flag. Who wants in?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Plenty of good young kids playing. Some outstanding. Plus good established players like Marchbank, Kennedy, Pickett, Murphy, Simmo, Ed Curnow, We should be doing alot better than a near winless season even with injuries. That's not a list that's totally terrible, just doesn't go through the whole 22 right now. No excuse for a near winless season. Better game plan, better ball use and better effort would help. That's all coaching.

People must love a poor game plan, a confused football side, a lack of effort and think coaching is ok. What world do they live in. Don't expect finals but i expect better. Some must really embrace losing and happy to let everything go along swimmingly as it is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sidefx wrote:
The Duke wrote:

Alastair Clarkson

Buddy and Roughy were in their 1st year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

As is Clarkson is going to say anything other than praise for one of his apprentices.
8 of these losses this year have been beltings.
What is really starting to concern is the number of injuries.
This is boys v men causing most.
We could be harbouring a bunch of Kruezers who spend more time trying to recover than actually playing.
Every knock every strain just takes that polish and shine off them until they spend an entire football career battling injury.
They have stuffed this up big time

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 350  Next