Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

TheSwan wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
I can see this biting us in the butt.
I wonder who the first player they poach will be?

How many players did Bolton poach from Hawthorn for us? :roll:

None wanted to come knowing he would be back soon enough. :razz:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:46 am 
Ken Hunter

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-brendon-bolton-interview-sacked-as-carlton-coach-in-2019-regrets-father-cancer-death/news-story/53e12d7d1a6535359f2381716f9bf836

Quote:
In his first in-depth interview since his axing — which will air on ABC Grandstand on Sunday — Bolton opened up on his tough 2019, which also included the passing of his father just 11 weeks after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:19 am 
Geoff Southby

bluedog wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-brendon-bolton-interview-sacked-as-carlton-coach-in-2019-regrets-father-cancer-death/news-story/53e12d7d1a6535359f2381716f9bf836

Quote:
In his first in-depth interview since his axing — which will air on ABC Grandstand on Sunday — Bolton opened up on his tough 2019, which also included the passing of his father just 11 weeks after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Read the article...........didn't tip a bucket on our club.........thats good form...........so,good luck Bolt's.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:32 am 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
bluedog wrote:

Quote:

Read the article...........didn't tip a bucket on our club.........thats good form...........so,good luck Bolt's.

And he admitted to his mistakes, what he could have done differently. Our admin could learn from him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

He is a good bloke I reckon and still reckon at another time would be a good AFL coach -someone else will reap the benefits of his hard work and dedication

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

frank dardew wrote:
He is a good bloke I reckon and still reckon at another time would be a good AFL coach -someone else will reap the benefits of his hard work and dedication

It hammers home the query on non-players making good coaches at this level.
Personally, I don't believe it but Chris Fagan is the currently the closest we have to proving it wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:44 am 
Ken Hunter

actually to me all it says is if you're a first time coach, don;t choose a club like Carlton that had a [REDACTED] list, time will always be against you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am 
John James

Blue Sombrero wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

It hammers home the query on non-players making good coaches at this level.
Personally, I don't believe it but Chris Fagan is the currently the closest we have to proving it wrong.

Agree, however, Chris was an excellent player in Tasmania and chose not to try the big time. He was also an first rate PE teacher and I had the pleasure of working with him when he moved over to coaching the Mariners. Quality person.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dannyboy wrote:
actually to me all it says is if you're a first time coach, don;t choose a club like Carlton that had a [REDACTED] list, time will always be against you.

Leigh Matthews was once asked what the secret to his coaching success was and he said (I’m paraphrasing) that you had to have a certain amount of ability but by far the most important thing was the timing of when you took on the job and the quality and profile of the talent at your disposal. If you didn’t get that right you probably wouldn’t be given long enough to change it and still be around to enjoy the end result.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

@#$%&! means I probably should have played for football - would have been as good as Lethal!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dannyboy wrote:
@#$%&! means I probably should have played for football - would have been as good as Lethal!

“Coaching success”. :wink:

Mort Sahl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350