Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 350  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
He sits in his post match saying he lacks midfield depth but 2 days earlier he drops a midfielder and brings in a flanker.

Nick Graham played significant midfield time against Brisbane and had 4 contested possessions and 1 clearance SB. 1 Clearance from 69% game time!
It's been Nicks problem all along, the coaches are working on it with him but he prefers someone else to win the hard ball and to give it to him.
He was replaced in the midfield rotation this week by SPS who had 14 contested possessions, 4 clearances and 10 tackles. The outcome completely justifies the decision AFAIC.
Be upset with Nick Graham that he can't or won't step up. Not Bolton who made the right decision to replace him.

Post subject: Re: Coach Brendon Bolton
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I love SPS

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
He sits in his post match saying he lacks midfield depth but 2 days earlier he drops a midfielder and brings in a flanker.

Nick Graham played significant midfield time against Brisbane and had 4 contested possessions and 1 clearance SB. 1 Clearance from 69% game time!
It's been Nicks problem all along, the coaches are working on it with him but he prefers someone else to win the hard ball and to give it to him.
He was replaced in the midfield rotation this week by SPS who had 14 contested possessions, 4 clearances and 10 tackles. The outcome completely justifies the decision AFAIC.
Be upset with Nick Graham that he can't or won't step up. Not Bolton who made the right decision to replace him.
White replaced Graham in the side not SPS .
SPS went in the middle but who is to say Graham couldn't have gone in there to give a chop out to others.
I would say Grahams contributions on game day have been far better than Whites this year .
And contested possessions are not our problem we compete well in that area .
We get smashed in the uncontested

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:28 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

SPS went in the middle but who is to say Graham couldn't have gone in there to give a chop out to others.
I would say Grahams contributions on game day have been far better than Whites this year .

Was our midfield this week with SPS in and Nick out better or worse than last week Sydney Blue?
If it was better, then Bolts comments are not contrary to the selection change of Nick out and White in. No need to over complicate things.

Actually more importantly ask yourself if Nick out, White in and SPS to the middle will deliver a stronger midfield in the long run / next season? If so then the selection supports the need for greater midfield depth. You have to look beyond the single game at hand.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:38 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Was our midfield this week with SPS in and Nick out better or worse than last week Sydney Blue?
If it was better, then Bolts comments are not contrary to the selection change of Nick out and White in. No need to over complicate things.

Actually more importantly ask yourself if Nick out, White in and SPS to the middle will deliver a stronger midfield in the long run / next season? If so then the selection supports the need for greater midfield depth. You have to look beyond the single game at hand.

think they've got you Syd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

think they've got you Syd
No they haven't.
Bolton commented that he lacked players to run through the midfield and the work load on Gibbs and Murphy was to much since losing Cripps and Ed
And 2 days earlier he drops a midfielder and brings in a flanker losing a rotation in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:56 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Bolton commented that he lacked players to run through the midfield and the work load on Gibbs and Murphy was to much since losing Cripps and Ed
And 2 days earlier he drops a midfielder and brings in a flanker losing a rotation in the middle.

He didn't lose a midfield rotation. As I said before, he replaced Graham in the midfield rotation with SPS.
Nick Graham isn't offering what we need Sydney. He doesn't ease the workload on Gibbs and Murphy because the midfield leaks clearances when he's replacing them. For all the time he spent in the middle last week. He won one centre clearance and zero around the ground. So Murphy or Gibbs can't get a rest. Unfortunately if Nick can't contribute as a ball winning midfielder, he has no place in the team.

Sydney Blue wrote:

If you want to be technical, White replaced Macreadie in the backline. Marchbank came in to take the wing position which SPS, Daisy, Simpson and others have been rotating through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

So whilst Tom Hawkins is having a day out we take the bloke who before he was injured was the leading intercept mark in the game and play him on the wing.
Meanwhile White runs around like a headless chook. Graham goes back to 2's has a BOG and three other midfielders and one winger are in the 2's with him.
Then when smacked coach says we lacked midfielders.
What ever he did or tried to do didn't work and just like every other coach that stuffs up looks for an excuse.
I still have my doubts about the Cliche Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

Carlton has approximately four AFL standard midfielders and two of those are out injured.

Obviously coaching was the reason why we're not getting near it :confused:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

If only we played Graham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

If only we played graeme garden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
If only we played graeme garden

I think he's on leave.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:43 am 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
So whilst Tom Hawkins is having a day out we take the bloke who before he was injured was the leading intercept mark in the game and play him on the wing.
Meanwhile White runs around like a headless chook. Graham goes back to 2's has a BOG and three other midfielders and one winger are in the 2's with him.
What ever he did or tried to do didn't work and just like every other coach that stuffs up looks for an excuse.

I think we can agree to disagree on this one but the one thing we can all agree on is I wish our midfield had Sydney Blue's never say die tenacity to fight against the odds. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

I think we can agree to disagree on this one but the one thing we can all agree on is I wish our midfield had Sydney Blue's never say die tenacity to fight against the odds. :lol:
Watch his press conference and come back and revisit it.
We were smacked.
He noted his lack of run in the middle.
He said they lacked ability to slow the Geelong entry.
He had 4 or 5 midfield players he could have selected playing in the NB .But he chose a flanker.
Ok you can say the blokes in the 2's are not part of the plan going forward. But neither is the flanker he selected.
He has basically said to those in 2's there is no future for you here.
He has also sent a message to any midfield player of quality who is considering coming to the club .There is no support for you.
How can I be wrong when the result and the game reflected his own comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:59 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Yes. How can Sydney Blue be wrong? Ever? EVER??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Watch his press conference and come back and revisit it.
We were smacked.
He noted his lack of run in the middle.
He said they lacked ability to slow the Geelong entry.
He had 4 or 5 midfield players he could have selected playing in the NB .But he chose a flanker.
Ok you can say the blokes in the 2's are not part of the plan going forward. But neither is the flanker he selected.
He has basically said to those in 2's there is no future for you here.
He has also sent a message to any midfield player of quality who is considering coming to the club .There is no support for you.
How can I be wrong when the result and the game reflected his own comments.

I'm glad someone in the club has the balls to say the things that need to be said, if of course he said that.
Whether its Jaksch or Graham or Gorringe. If they are not the future and cant add value to the team then lets not waste time on them.
That's my assumption, and if that's the case, so be it.

Sticking to a plan should be commended.
As for calling BB the Cliché King, I don't think to a degree that's what all coaches do, as do politicians.
If they don't, the content hungry journos are going to make mountains out of mole hills.
That's what I think a frustrated Sydney Blue is doing. Just happens to be BB in his line of fire.
We don't bat deep Sydney. Graham wouldn't have made a difference in the coal face.

The season is over.
We have a thin list.
We've been exposed for lack of depth when hit by injuries. We all knew that would happen.

We were told in 2016 we had the worse list in the AFL, and some suggested worse list ever.
WE were told Carlton couldn't win more than 1 game in the last 2 seasons.
We won 7 games last year and we've won 5 games this year. The euphoria following those wins was unbelievable.
Nothing wrong with the saying (SB calls cliché) don't get too high or too low. I understand that.

Graham has proved time after time, year after year, that he is not a good midfielder at AFL level.
It is obvious that BB and the MC value White and Marchbank more than Graham.
It is obvious that Bolton prefers to give more game time in the midfield to SPS, Cunners and Fish.
I can see why. Everyone knows we need to get 50 games of experience into our kids.

Graham would not have helped us get over the line.
Simpson was a green shoot many years ago after his 3rd game, and now its SPS, Fish, Cunners etc because its their turn.
I know what BB means by green shoots. They aren't clichés, they are a body of evidence these players have potential and they belong.

Don't get so down.
Malthouse is gone, and with that a bygone era. Thank god for that!
BB is a shining light. Sydney doesn't have to agree like posters don't have to agree with Sydney Blue.
Its worth the discussion though.

Was the omission of Graham a huge Bolton mistake along with his clichés?
Was the omission of Graham evidence Bolton can't coach or able to select a team to beat Geelong?

I think Bolton is investing in the future and Graham's papers are stamped for good reason.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:

Let me draw an analogy that you might understand
Brenda was having a party on Saturday night she invited 6 of her single girl friends over a couple of married blokes Mark and Bryce who are both hen pecked by their wives and two gay guys from around the corner Simon and Dale plus two teenagers Samo and Zac - Meanwhile up the street there is a group of single blokes Graham , Blaine , Billie, Rhys and Denis - none of these blokes are like Tom Cruise but they hold there own and often contribute towards conversations . These five blokes are sitting at home Saturday night all going through a bit of a dry spell because they haven't scored with the ladies recently . They are there on the play station and flicking through Tinder wondering why they didn't get an invite to the party . Meanwhile the party is bit of flop Mark and Bryce wives drag them home at 9 - Zac and Samo are only interested in playing Pool and table tennis and Simon and Dale are getting to old to be up late anyway . The party is all over by 9 and everyone goes home. Stevo the next morning at the coffee shop asks Brenda how was the party last night . Brenda replies it wasn't that good everyone went home early and we had heaps of food and drink left over. Brenda complains to Stevo that there just is any good available single men around these days and we will most likely have to start looking in other suburbs to see if we can find them.
Meanwhile Graham , Blaine , Rhys Billie and Denis are sitting at the next table having a coffee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:07 am 
Ken Hunter

or some of the single blokes are mute, crossed eyed and dribble - they are single I'll grant you that, but probably best not to invite them at all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

Let me draw an analogy that you might understand
Brenda was having a party on Saturday night she invited 6 of her single girl friends over a couple of married blokes Mark and Bryce who are both hen pecked by their wives and two gay guys from around the corner Simon and Dale plus two teenagers Samo and Zac - Meanwhile up the street there is a group of single blokes Graham , Blaine , Billie, Rhys and Denis - none of these blokes are like Tom Cruise but they hold there own and often contribute towards conversations . These five blokes are sitting at home Saturday night all going through a bit of a dry spell because they haven't scored with the ladies recently . They are there on the play station and flicking through Tinder wondering why they didn't get an invite to the party . Meanwhile the party is bit of flop Mark and Bryce wives drag them home at 9 - Zac and Samo are only interested in playing Pool and table tennis and Simon and Dale are getting to old to be up late anyway . The party is all over by 9 and everyone goes home. Stevo the next morning at the coffee shop asks Brenda how was the party last night . Brenda replies it wasn't that good everyone went home early and we had heaps of food and drink left over. Brenda complains to Stevo that there just is any good available single men around these days and we will most likely have to start looking in other suburbs to see if we can find them.
Meanwhile Graham , Blaine , Rhys Billie and Denis are sitting at the next table having a coffee

Cute.

Most single blokes I know or have known are single for a reason.
A faint heart never won a fair maiden...there's a start.
Then there's the physical reasons...just not up to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 350  Next