Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 350  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coach Brendon Bolton
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

I didn't watch it but apparently Cornes and Lloyd on the channel 9 footy show said we have gone backwards under Bolton.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
I didn't watch it but apparently Cornes and Lloyd on the channel 9 footy show said we have gone backwards under Bolton.

As far as I'm concerned you don't get much better endorsements than that.

Post subject: Coach Brendon Bolton
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

How's Cornes "gospel" Cripps rumor doing?

Post subject: Coach Brendon Bolton
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:31 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Of course we've gone backwards. We have a team of teenagers on field, not mature age list cloggers (bar a couple).

This is what the club has highlighted all year, a year of blooding kids and getting game time into them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Half a brain between both

Ignore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:41 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

frank dardew wrote:
Half a brain between both

Ignore

Quarterbrain says hi !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lloyd is the same bloke who was ripping into us for drafting Smedts etc, now wants to have it both ways and say we are crap with a bunch of kids.

Media opinions are like arseholes. They all are one. I'm happy to trust Bolts. There is method to the pain and suffering. You can't throw the kids to the wolves, but you have to blood them. I think the club is doing a great job of choosing the middle road.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree Air he keeps making contradictory comments about our list and when challenged on it says that isn't what I said

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Sombrero wrote:
I am all for the Bolton journey. I am patient but at the same time, watching Gibbs get tagged out of the game two weeks in a row and letting it happen is not a good look. I've seen the pre-68 era where we got flogged every week until Barassi came. I know it takes a few years but that doesn't mean the coach needs to have just one plan that doesn't work along the way.

The same Bryce Gibbs who had 24 possessions, 4 tackles, 5 clearances, 8 marks and 3 inside 50s. The same Gibbs who continually went to Joel Selwood or Patrick Dangerfield at the stoppages and reduced their effectiveness? Not a "good look"? :screwy:

Since last night you've been criticising Bolton for shit that just didn't happen. You've accused him of not making changes that he did make. And now he only has one plan. The "no plan B" claim is complete bullshit. There is no plan A or plan B or plan C anywhere. There is a basic framework for every team of how they play and then there's strategies used from game to game. Our strategies are as good as anyones. We just don't have the list depth or talent base to see it through yet.
No doubt in 2 years time when we're kicking arse you'll be revelling in it, hoping everyone forgets the negative, impatient crap you're espousing now.
Harden up. The good times will come. We're putting in the long term framework now. I'm glad the club have the guts to stay the course instead of bailing out like some supporters when the going gets a bit tough.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Men vs Boys.

What do we do when Cripps is injured? Need to sort that out preseason.

You see he's the type they can tag but we won't be beaten...and he wins clearances.

Disappointing Gibbs seems easy to tag out of the game.

Murphy is worthy of being in the leadership group.

We need a captain who is a bull. Who imposes the self on the game, win or lose.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

oops wrong thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I am all for the Bolton journey. I am patient but at the same time, watching Gibbs get tagged out of the game two weeks in a row and letting it happen is not a good look. I've seen the pre-68 era where we got flogged every week until Barassi came. I know it takes a few years but that doesn't mean the coach needs to have just one plan that doesn't work along the way.

The same Bryce Gibbs who had 24 possessions, 4 tackles, 5 clearances, 8 marks and 3 inside 50s. The same Gibbs who continually went to Joel Selwood or Patrick Dangerfield at the stoppages and reduced their effectiveness? Not a "good look"? :screwy:

Since last night you've been criticising Bolton for shit that just didn't happen. You've accused him of not making changes that he did make. And now he only has one plan. The "no plan B" claim is complete bullshit. There is no plan A or plan B or plan C anywhere. There is a basic framework for every team of how they play and then there's strategies used from game to game. Our strategies are as good as anyones. We just don't have the list depth or talent base to see it through yet.
No doubt in 2 years time when we're kicking arse you'll be revelling in it, hoping everyone forgets the negative, impatient crap you're espousing now.
Harden up. The good times will come. We're putting in the long term framework now. I'm glad the club have the guts to stay the course instead of bailing out like some supporters when the going gets a bit tough.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:04 pm 
Robert Walls

BV said something about BB being the best thing to happen to CFC in 20 years
That's partially correct
We will reflect in 5 years time that it was the Bolton/Silvagni/Brodie combination that rebranded Carlton after 20 years of misery

We finally have a coach who isn't coaching for the here and now. Enjoy it even though like the rest of you I'M SICK OF LOSING!!!!!
wax on wax off wax on wax off

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
That's partially correct
We will reflect in 5 years time that it was the Bolton/Silvagni/Brodie combination that rebranded Carlton after 20 years of misery

We finally have a coach who isn't coaching for the here and now. Enjoy it even though like the rest of you I'M SICK OF LOSING!!!!!

He will be a better coach than clarkson!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 pm 
Robert Walls

Trigger wrote:
99prelim wrote:
That's partially correct

He will be a better coach than clarkson!!

Now of course I WANT to believe that but what makes you say that??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Our form dropped off when Crips and Curnow got injured. Those 2 are the grunt in our midfield which allowed Murph and Gibbs to be more damaging. With Crips and Curnow out, Gibbs and Murph are carrying the midfield load and are being found out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 pm 
Serge Silvagni

MATTY LLOYD CAN SUCK A BIG FAT ONE.

The reason why we picked up recycled players is for one reason.... Bolts believes a winning culture starts from the VFL. Clearly Scmedts, Kerridge, Palmer and ASOS were brought to the club to strengthen the Bullants list and help the younger kids develop in a competitive bullants outfit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:43 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Well said BV.

I think the emotion of losing causes some of us to critique to quickly. I know I have a couple of times this season despite being very happy overall with the club and the direction.

But Bolts has several times spoken about a negative that will "pay us back in the long run". So while people like BS don't like what he/she perceives as an inability/unwillingness to switch the game plan around when things are going poorly I think Bolts is trying to subtly tell us that they deliberately stick with things sometimes that aren't working because it's part of a bigger picture that will reap rewards down the track. Will it? Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Not taking sides in you and BS's ongoing civil war, and anyone who's seen my post history knows I love Bryce, but his stat line in that game was a bit misleading; he got a lot of "garbage time" disposals, to borrow an Americanism. Didn't he have 6 possies to half-time? I agree that PD was quite well contained, so if Gibbs was largely responsible for that (which would not be surprising, as Gibbs was our only mid with the strength to do so) then credit where it's due, but overall he was unable to give us any forward impetus when the game was still nominally a contest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

He sits in his post match saying he lacks midfield depth but 2 days earlier he drops a midfielder and brings in a flanker.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 350  Next