Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:53 am 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
You left our Cripps as a resting mid playing 'small forward'.

Cripps will continue where he started last season...drifts into the forward line and mismatches the opposition.
Mark Kick Goal.

I'm hoping he kicks 25+ in 2019.

Will kick 40+ if he improves his accuracy.

That is where I think Russel will be a great in helping guys like Cripps in their fitness base and metal focus when fatigued

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Steve_C7 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
You left our Cripps as a resting mid playing 'small forward'.

Cripps will continue where he started last season...drifts into the forward line and mismatches the opposition.
Mark Kick Goal.

I'm hoping he kicks 25+ in 2019.

Will kick 40+ if he improves his accuracy.

That is where I think Russel will be a great in helping guys like Cripps in their fitness base and metal focus when fatigued
True. Metal is quite prone to fatigue.....

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

OK, Bolts, you've got your list in order, now do something with it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:52 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:

No excuses now

Obviously still young but want to see some team cohesion and structure to how we play

Want to see better quality ball movement and more scoring

Hoping for a 7 - 8 game winning season

No more injury excuses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

WOW wrote:

No more injury excuses

Injuries aren't an excuse. They're a reason.
Just like they are for every other club.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

And they are mostly beyond our control.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Not anymore, you'd hope.

Player fitness, welfare, recovery and development MUST go up a level from what we've had the last few years.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:50 am 
Robert Walls

WOW wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

No excuses now

Obviously still young but want to see some team cohesion and structure to how we play

No more injury excuses

Richmond fell apart prelim final bc Martin was playing injured and a couple of players had the flu

They've had an unbelievable run with injuries but footy sides are so structure and finely tuned that small changes have significant impact both above the shoulders and below the shoulders

We lost Kennedy and Kruezer by half time Rd 1. From that point on, we were just rearranging deckchairs for the remainder of the year (and his was after losing Doc and Pickett during preseason)

8 wins for mine in 2018...If we win up to 10, I won't be shocked (seriously) but will be pleasantly surprised

I agree with SOS. We are ready to make significant inroads in 2019

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
WOW wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

No excuses now

No more injury excuses

Richmond fell apart prelim final bc Martin was playing injured and a couple of players had the flu

They've had an unbelievable run with injuries but footy sides are so structure and finely tuned that small changes have significant impact both above the shoulders and below the shoulders

We lost Kennedy and Kruezer by half time Rd 1. From that point on, we were just rearranging deckchairs for the remainder of the year (and his was after losing Doc and Pickett during preseason)

8 wins for mine in 2018...If we win up to 10, I won't be shocked (seriously) but will be pleasantly surprised

By the end of 2019 I'm expecting Carlton to be THE destination club again.
Shiel will regret his choice to play fort the Drug cheats.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
WOW wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

No excuses now

No more injury excuses

By the end of 2019 I'm expecting Carlton to be THE destination club again.
Shiel will regret his choice to play fort the Drug cheats.

For once I am quite bullish, and tend to agree. Certainly wasn't last year when a lot on here were getting carried away. If Bolton can be a little less stubborn and listen to his assistant coaches;
We could make huge strides next year with a light injury list and a much less complicated game plan. Forget about aiming to win a certain amount of games like we seem to be focused on (6-8 games = pass).
Setting limits is a bad idea, especially for this club where expectations are so low. Just win games full stop!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So where's the pass/ fail for Bolton next year? Are we capping it at a number, like 7-9 wins, he stays, anything less he gets the boot? or are we capping it with on field performances? ie more brave losses/ no blowouts?

SOS has piled the pressure onto bolton (imo) with the draft night trade. the club basically declared we're not just improving next season, we're going to finish thereabouts with adelaide.

fwiw; i think with Russell onboard & if the list remains intact with health and if Bolton is two-thirds the coach that blue vein believes, 8-10 wins is a realistic target.

I think if we start next season 1-6 like this one just gone, no matter who's injured, bolton will get the flick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Braithy wrote:

fwiw; i think with Russell onboard & if the list remains intact with health and if Bolton is two-thirds the coach that blue vein believes, 8-10 wins is a realistic target.

:lol:
Where have I said he's a great coach?
I'm happy to support the rebuild and the direction the club has taken but Bolton is under the same scrutiny as everyone else.
He's made his share of errors IMHO but I think it's fair to judge him when he has a relatively healthy, decent list. Not when he's lumped with half a team who wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:16 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Where have I said he's a great coach?
I'm happy to support the rebuild and the direction the club has taken but Bolton is under the same scrutiny as everyone else.
He's made his share of errors IMHO but I think it's fair to judge him when he has a relatively healthy, decent list. Not when he's lumped with half a team who wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

yeah, you haven't said he's a great coach. when i was ranting and raving and calling for his head, you were still believing in him; is what i should have said

it'd be a shame to sack him. he's an asset, just not HC material ... imo he'd be an immense line coach. players love him, he brings the best out in them. he's just no game day tactician.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:
I think if we start next season 1-6 like this one just gone, no matter who's injured, bolton will get the flick.

So by that logic we’ll have to beat at least one of:
- Richmond
- Port
- Sydney
- Bulldogs
- Hawks
- Norf

For Bolton to keep his job?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

How about we just enjoy the off season and welcome our new players, old players back from injury and most of all, our new high performance coach/mentor, AR.
It's the one time a year that we can be happy and look forward to the first game of the season instead of making crap up like, Bolts is not a game day tactician, he doesn't listen to his assistants, we have a complicated game plan......etc. If any of these were true and given our history of coaches he wouldn't be here after a 2 win season and if you don't have solid proof from the club to back up these comments, then zip it.
As for early expectations for next year, the development of individual players played in their positions (not plugging holes), their fitness and the improvement of team cohesion is the pass mark. And most of all little to no injuries, especially to key players.
As a word of advice to the peeps that have high expectations and setting game minimums, Dow and O'Brien will be better but not an A Grade players next year (they're still kids), Walsh and Stocker will be 1st year players not 5 year veterans, Setterfield, Kennedy, Fisher and the Doc will take a least a month to get back into form and that is pretty much most of our midfield. And it will take a few months, even a full year to work on/develop a new game plan and for players to trust each other and know what each other are going to do.
The rebuild phase is over and now it's time to develop the team and game plan. Let's sit back and watch what our club is going to roll out in 2019 and fingers crossed on the injury front, as every team is only good as their bottom six players and this year ours was pretty crap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

Well said :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Its all about dominating the draft and trade period and tearing it up in the preseason.
There is not another club that can get near us at this time of year. We simply kill it.
When it comes to Bolts and his assistant coaches through the months of oct nov dec jan and feb. No coaching panel exceeds as much as they do the have a winning % of close to 100.

So Blue Baggers enjoy the ride because come late march when the first winter chills are felt they will start to dig a hole for themselves and disappear for the winter.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:33 am 
Bruce Doull

A barrel of optimism, as always.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm pretty happy with almost all the moves the club has made in the last couple
Of months on and off field.

Although I thought some of Silvagnis statements in the press in the last week seem have put the acid on Bolts. Not unhappy that there's some expectation on the coach just not
sure it needs to be issued by the list boss through the media.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
How about we just enjoy the off season and welcome our new players, old players back from injury and most of all, our new high performance coach/mentor, AR.
It's the one time a year that we can be happy and look forward to the first game of the season instead of making crap up like, Bolts is not a game day tactician, he doesn't listen to his assistants, we have a complicated game plan......etc. If any of these were true and given our history of coaches he wouldn't be here after a 2 win season and if you don't have solid proof from the club to back up these comments, then zip it.
As for early expectations for next year, the development of individual players played in their positions (not plugging holes), their fitness and the improvement of team cohesion is the pass mark. And most of all little to no injuries, especially to key players.
As a word of advice to the peeps that have high expectations and setting game minimums, Dow and O'Brien will be better but not an A Grade players next year (they're still kids), Walsh and Stocker will be 1st year players not 5 year veterans, Setterfield, Kennedy, Fisher and the Doc will take a least a month to get back into form and that is pretty much most of our midfield. And it will take a few months, even a full year to work on/develop a new game plan and for players to trust each other and know what each other are going to do.
The rebuild phase is over and now it's time to develop the team and game plan. Let's sit back and watch what our club is going to roll out in 2019 and fingers crossed on the injury front, as every team is only good as their bottom six players and this year ours was pretty crap.

Well said. :clap:

Its about development not finals. We have the list albeit young.

Furthermore, with improvement of our players Carlton will be a Destination club.
I think that was a bit of a gripe some come season's end, seemingly the reason Shiel didn't sign with carlton and went to the Drug cheating team.

I'm looking for individual improvement, continued tteam unity and solidarity, and signs of team cohesion. At the end of the year having 2019 & 20 First Round and Second Round Draft Picks on the table will be huge if we do become a destination club.

How do we become a destination club? On and off field list is important. Wins certainly help, but Brisbane proved that competitive spirit and never say die is also an important ingredient.

Now, lets enjoy watching he kids bulk up, run faster and improve their skills, and hopefully with a clean bill of health.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 ... 350  Next