Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:47 pm 
Garry Crane

Blue Vain wrote:
Nuffy assistants?
Dale Amos was very highly rated at the Cats and we pinched him. FWIW, I think he's a sensational line couch.
It sounds like bullshit to me.

John Barker, Brent Stanton.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Nuffy assistants?
Dale Amos was very highly rated at the Cats and we pinched him. FWIW, I think he's a sensational line couch.
It sounds like bullshit to me.

Perhaps he’d make a better sofa

:razz:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:12 pm 
Bruce Comben

dlb99 wrote:
There are some blind worshippers of Bolton over at Big Footy.

Say a few things contrary to their beliefs results in a thread ban :banghead:

Some of the blind worshippers simply attribute Sunday's loss to youth, youth and nothing but the youth. It will all work itself out, nothing to do with Bolton, it is the youth.

Youth is a part of the reason, but not the full reason. Bolton was incompetent on Sunday. He selection, his player positioning, his lack of stemming the flow are great cause for concern.

Thrashings do the club no good.
I repeat, thrashings only do harm, no good.

Throwing a bunch of skinny babies in against full grown men will result in what we saw Sunday.

Read this report from SkyhorseTamer, and tell me Bolton ain't a big part of the problem:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-60979201

Quote:
They (GWS) knew how we'd line up exactly and exposed us. With one of the assistant coaches saying they spent all week focussing internally as Carlton's lineup and gameplan was overly predictable. They know they're a running team so they could go man on man and not worry.

The midfield setup hardly changed all game

Our MC didn't pick that team with a win in mind. Macreadie was blowing up after trailing his opponent on a lead in the first quarter. I think it was an 'exposure' game.

The zone was awful to watch, our midfield setup is really average defensively

Ever since Neil Craig left I have been very unimpressed with Bolton.
I don't believe he is the man.
I hate having to replace a coach, but come the end of the year we should replace Bolton.

Things that can't be said at BigFooty.

There's been a few brave souls on BigFooty running the gauntlet against the usual suspects this week, getting out there and hammering home some facts.
A new thread was started on the coach and it's logged about 800 posts in under a week, not all complimentary.
The previous thread on Bolton was shut down a while ago, apparently it got a bit heated.
FWIW, I never supported Bolton's appointment. Nothing I've seen has convinced me otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Well come on in Big Footy refugees.
We will be your Statue of Liberty.
Hope you don't find the threads too hard to negotiate or the contrasting blue colors too hard on your eyes. :razz:
Ps. You'll still need to keep you manners in. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:21 am 
Garry Crane

bluegirl72 wrote:
Hope you don't find the threads too hard to negotiate or the contrasting blue colors too hard on your eyes. :razz:

I have always been mannered, over there and here. But if you debate Bolton with certain folks over there, instant thread ban. Whatever.

Bolton, since Neil Craig left, has shown me nothing to indicate that he is the man, actually he likely is the problem. This GWS game may have been his worst coaching performance of all as noted by SkyhorseTamer in this post:

In the last 30 or so games we have suffered 11 thrashing (50 points plus), which is a strike rate of 1 every 3 games.

Why has Bolton not put into place a strategy to handle games getting out of hand?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

dlb99 wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

I have always been mannered, over there and here. But if you debate Bolton with certain folks over there, instant thread ban. Whatever.

Bolton, since Neil Craig left, has shown me nothing to indicate that he is the man, actually he likely is the problem. This GWS game may have been his worst coaching performance of all as noted by SkyhorseTamer in this post:

In the last 30 or so games we have suffered 11 thrashing (50 points plus), which is a strike rate of 1 every 3 games.

Why has Bolton not put into place a strategy to handle games getting out of hand?

Great post by sky horse, but I find the comment on Casboult, strange, how did they run off him and think he would hurt them on the rebound when he played as a defender?

Also sounds like GWS think we’re on track and it will all gel by the end of the season, that sounds very supportive of Bolton. It all points to being hurt by runner restrictions, lack of experienced leaders in the field and a young team still coming to grips with game plan execution.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:03 am 
Garry Crane

sinbagger wrote:
Great post by sky horse, but I find the comment on Casboult, strange, how did they run off him and think he would hurt them on the rebound when he played as a defender?

Also sounds like GWS think we’re on track and it will all gel by the end of the season, that sounds very supportive of Bolton. It all points to being hurt by runner restrictions, lack of experienced leaders in the field and a young team still coming to grips with game plan execution.

I read it completely the opposite, nothing like how you read it.

Our game plan was predicable, and some of our selection were terrible, that's on the coach.

GWS were complementary of our list and it's potential, the work of SOS, not the work of Bolton.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:14 am 
Bruce Doull

dlb99 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Our game plan was predicable, and some of our selection were terrible, that's on the coach.

GWS were complementary of our list and it's potential, the work of SOS, not the work of Bolton.

Reading that post, GWS reckon Carlton will start to click by the end of the year.

It was the OP who was condemning selection and aspects of the gameplan.

As to gameplan predictability, I don't think many teams throw up curve-balls on game day, they play what they drill during training and rely on execution to make is successful.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:47 am 
Harry Vallence

dlb99 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Where did we go wrong with our selection? Kennedy is the only bigger sized mid that we left out and I can't see him making any difference to the result

The fact the our game plan is predictable is a sign that Bolts has taught the players how he wants them to structure up and if opposition coaches know this then I take it as confirmation that the players know what is expected from them.

Dermie was very interesting on 360 last night in that he was very impressed with how bolts was coaching and how our structure were in place in the pies game. Most media people that really know the game have also been very supportive of bolts and implore Carlton to be patient as they all believe it will turn and we will improve very quickly when it does. Interestingly when Waitley ask the same question regarding Richardson, he was clearly picking his words to be positive and did not look confident in assessing his game style.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:21 am 
Rod McGregor

Steve_C7 wrote:
dlb99 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Where did we go wrong with our selection? Kennedy is the only bigger sized mid that we left out and I can't see him making any difference to the result

The fact the our game plan is predictable is a sign that Bolts has taught the players how he wants them to structure up and if opposition coaches know this then I take it as confirmation that the players know what is expected from them.

Dermie was very interesting on 360 last night in that he was very impressed with how bolts was coaching and how our structure were in place in the pies game. Most media people that really know the game have also been very supportive of bolts and implore Carlton to be patient as they all believe it will turn and we will improve very quickly when it does. Interestingly when Waitley ask the same question regarding Richardson, he was clearly picking his words to be positive and did not look confident in assessing his game style.

Waitley is a goose. Cash for comment "wannabe expert".

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Jiahao Blue wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
dlb99 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Waitley is a goose. Cash for comment "wannabe expert".

agree on Waitley, however I rate Dermie as he is not seduced by stats and looks at the game from a different perspective from general media.

Robbo, Caro, Waitley, Hutchy and McGuire are all calling for Bolts head and not one of them would have any clue on what makes a good coach, they rate them just like players on stats and figures.

Dermie, King, Dunstall and Healy all watch and rate Coach / Players on what they think they are trying to execute and how they performed against that expectation. All of these can see what Bolts is trying to do and implore Carlton to stick fat as they believe we are heading in the right direction.

From what I see at the game, I like what I think Bolts is trying to execute, however when they players drop their intensity for even a minute, it does not look good. It is much safer to play man on man like the Suns are doing at the moment as it doesn't expose you as much as a team defence does, however good teams will look for the weak matchup and expose this.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:30 pm 
John Nicholls

Be careful with "Dermie" and Dunstall for that matter. They hate Carlton. They'll talk him up in the hopes we stick with him.

Dermie was talking up Casboult as "the best mark in the comp" right before we caved and gave him a big contract (under A. McKay). How has that best mark been going, and how has his marking been helping us?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm 
Robert Walls

robertbb wrote:
Be careful with "Dermie" and Dunstall for that matter. They hate Carlton. They'll talk him up in the hopes we stick with him.

Dermie was talking up Casboult as "the best mark in the comp" right before we caved and gave him a big contract (under A. McKay). How has that best mark been going, and how has his marking been helping us?

Dunstall barracked for Carlton...I don't think so

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:42 pm 
John Nicholls

99prelim wrote:
robertbb wrote:

And he played for Hawthorn :lol:

Ever heard him barrack... I mean commentate our games? :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:04 pm 
Garry Crane

Steve_C7 wrote:

McCreadie for one.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Dear Carlton,

Now that North have pulled the plug on Scott please remember that mistakes of the past. Has been North coaches don't win flags at Carlton

Warm regards

Des

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wouldn’t surprise me if Brad had another gig lined up.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
99prelim wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Nah.

They're the good ones. Whateley is as anti Carlton as you get: bias.

I met them in the 80's and partied in the 90's and every now and then.
I know they are not Carlton haters.
They love the Carlton Essendon* grudge.
Have a guess whose side they take?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yeah, because they DO hate Essendon*. But, who doesn't?! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:34 pm 
Robert Walls

robertbb wrote:
99prelim wrote:
robertbb wrote:

So what?

I hear Dunstall alot. He's quite measured with Carlton. Listen to him on AFL 360 last night

And then there's Dermott...yeah he talked up Curnow last year "in the hope that we stuck with him"

I think both Dermie and Dunstall are impressed with the pedistool you put them on and the power that you believe they wield through the media. I mean, it was Derm who orchestrated Casboult's contract for 'evil' motives

Last edited by 99prelim on Fri May 24, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 350  Next