Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Steve_C7 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
I will ask this question

what are the good things that Bolton brings

I will name the first
there has been quite a bit of criticism this year of SPS - I think Boltons is handling SPS very well
I don't want to go into why - but Bolton with SPS is a big tick for me

to counteract this - I think the way he has handled Weitering is terrible

I agree fully with Weitering, we drafted a forward and a backman, there is no point Mackay playing back nor was there any point to play weitering forward.

I feel a bit the same way as you about Ratts, I agree and said at the time that Ratts needed and deserved more time and the timing in moving him on really put us back and resulted in the full on rebuild we are doing ATM.

Similarly sacking Bolts now would be the same as getting rid of Ratts when we did, right now it would cause more damage than good. If we don't improve next year and more importantly being around the mark for finals in 2020 then by all means move him on.

But right now we have a very clear plan that everyone in the club is on the same page about and everyone has signed on to see it through, so let's give them the chance.

It was always going to be a tough year this year as this was going to be the year with the least experienced players on the list, injuries made it alot worse than it should have been, but we were in a tie with Gold Coast at the start of the year as favourites for the spoon so outside our club there were realistic expectations of what we would produce this year.

No one had high expectations but no one predicted 2 wins - this season has been a failure we should have been on the rise but we have fallen backwards
They now realise the list profile is wrong so they are searching for quality players to fill that void -but they won't come to us

We need as a club this draft trade period to attract someone good and stop good from leaving - If they don't it will tell you what the industry thinks of our plan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
I will ask this question

what are the good things that Bolton brings

I will name the first
there has been quite a bit of criticism this year of SPS - I think Boltons is handling SPS very well
I don't want to go into why - but Bolton with SPS is a big tick for me

to counteract this - I think the way he has handled Weitering is terrible

I agree fully with Weitering, we drafted a forward and a backman, there is no point Mackay playing back nor was there any point to play weitering forward.

I feel a bit the same way as you about Ratts, I agree and said at the time that Ratts needed and deserved more time and the timing in moving him on really put us back and resulted in the full on rebuild we are doing ATM.

Similarly sacking Bolts now would be the same as getting rid of Ratts when we did, right now it would cause more damage than good. If we don't improve next year and more importantly being around the mark for finals in 2020 then by all means move him on.

But right now we have a very clear plan that everyone in the club is on the same page about and everyone has signed on to see it through, so let's give them the chance.

It was always going to be a tough year this year as this was going to be the year with the least experienced players on the list, injuries made it alot worse than it should have been, but we were in a tie with Gold Coast at the start of the year as favourites for the spoon so outside our club there were realistic expectations of what we would produce this year.

No one had high expectations but no one predicted 2 wins - this season has been a failure we should have been on the rise but we have fallen backwards
They now realise the list profile is wrong so they are searching for quality players to fill that void -but they won't come to us

We need as a club this draft trade period to attract someone good and stop good from leaving - If they don't it will tell you what the industry thinks of our plan

This is where I disagree, there was no way we would have been on the rise this year with 2 of our top 4 players gone before the season in Gibbs & Docherty.

I hope that we target a good trade this year, however I hope that they don't sell the farm for one. I am still patient enough to draft high quality players in and develop them in the same way we are doing with Dow, O'Brien, Curnow, MacKay, Fisher, Macreadie, Williamson, SPS etc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Steve_C7 wrote:
This is where I disagree, there was no way we would have been on the rise this year with 2 of our top 4 players gone before the season in Gibbs & Docherty.

Exactly, the data experts said a drop was more likely than not

http://aflnation.com.au/2018/02/01/are- ... heartache/

Quote:
Are Carlton looking at another season of heartache?
AFL Nation - Thu, 1st Feb 2018 - 0 Comments

Champion Data expert Glenn Luff believes Carlton could be set for another difficult season in 2018, possibly falling down the ladder.

The Blues finished 16th in 2017, only ahead of the Gold Coast Suns and wooden spooners the Brisbane Lions.

Speaking to Sportsday, Luff explained why Blues fans should not expect a rapid rise any time soon.

“I think there’s every chance down a bit more,” Luff said.

“We’ve got Carlton with one elite player and that’s Sam Docherty… He won’t be there.”

As well as losing Docherty to a season-ending knee injury, Carlton will also be without Bryce Gibbs, who was traded to Adelaide at the end of last season.

In order to improve in 2018, Luff believes Carlton need to work on keeping the ball in their forward half.

He added: “We talk about the territory game and playing the ball in your half, well they don’t play the game in their half.

“They need to be able to generate more entries and get a bigger score on the board because they were ranked 18th for points for (in 2017).”

On Wednesday, the Blues announced an eight-man leadership group, led by Marc Murphy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:

Quote:

Champion Data expert Glenn Luff believes Carlton could be set for another difficult season in 2018, possibly falling down the ladder.

The Blues finished 16th in 2017, only ahead of the Gold Coast Suns and wooden spooners the Brisbane Lions.

Speaking to Sportsday, Luff explained why Blues fans should not expect a rapid rise any time soon.

“We’ve got Carlton with one elite player and that’s Sam Docherty… He won’t be there.”

As well as losing Docherty to a season-ending knee injury, Carlton will also be without Bryce Gibbs, who was traded to Adelaide at the end of last season.

In order to improve in 2018, Luff believes Carlton need to work on keeping the ball in their forward half.

He added: “We talk about the territory game and playing the ball in your half, well they don’t play the game in their half.

“They need to be able to generate more entries and get a bigger score on the board because they were ranked 18th for points for (in 2017).”

On Wednesday, the Blues announced an eight-man leadership group, led by Marc Murphy.

I don’t disagree with that guy on the generalities but he didn’t rate Cripps as elite at the start of the season so um...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:
Effes wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:

Quote:

I don’t disagree with that guy on the generalities but he didn’t rate Cripps as elite at the start of the season so um...

It's based on his numbers in previous years (Cripps only played about 2/3 of the previous season which would have impacted the numbers).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
GWS wrote:
Effes wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:

Quote:

It's based on his numbers in previous years (Cripps only played about 2/3 of the previous season which would have impacted the numbers).
Its a bit like reading your star signs . Some day they are spot on some days they are miles off.
I would like to see his assessment of Crows or North
some were picking bombers top 4 and even flag

Needs to be read in conjunction with all other assessment of all clubs

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1 ... a7045929b2

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:38 am 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Effes wrote:
GWS wrote:
Effes wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:

Quote:

Its a bit like reading your star signs . Some day they are spot on some days they are miles off.
I would like to see his assessment of Crows or North
some were picking bombers top 4 and even flag

Needs to be read in conjunction with all other assessment of all clubs

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1 ... a7045929b2

The champion data predictor is generally OK, but like all predictions is heavily reliant on who's injured and when.

No predictor would have counted for the amount of games this year that we coped multiple injuries early in games and large parts of the season our key players missed, but also it matter to whom you are playing. Take GWS for example, lost players to injury against us, no big deal, but less injuries this time against the swans and the game is lost.

My point was still that before the season even started we were short on experienced talent, which only got worse with the injury run we had, hence why I stated that we were never going to improve on last year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

You're wasting your time Steve and Effes.

Supporters like SB and Jim will never get it and they will always look for a reason to take someone down to account for their feelings being hurt this year, rather than just excepting the blindingly obvious that we have all been stating.

Sorry guys, but it's the end of the season and let's just go into the last game positive and with fingers crossed we are never put in this position again.

Go the Blues!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Mods if you are going to remove condescending post
Remove them all

But then you'd complain we're not giving you a say. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Remove them all

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Remove them all

:-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Last week Bolton lashed the Grey jumper.
Today he lashed Goddard.
What's not to love?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:35 pm 
Ken Hunter

choo wrote:
Today he lashed Goddard.
What's not to love?

I missed it . What did he say about Goddard?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
choo wrote:
Today he lashed Goddard.
What's not to love?

He doesn’t fit what we are looking for going forward. Basically to old for us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

Jez1966 wrote:
kezza wrote:
choo wrote:
Today he lashed Goddard.
What's not to love?

He doesn’t fit what we are looking for going forward. Basically to old for us.

Ta.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

choo wrote:
Today he lashed Goddard.
What's not to love?

Goddard is a very divisive character and not fit in our team culture, very happy that Bolts feels the same.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

doubt there's ever been a less liked 300 odd game player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 am 
Rod Ashman

When I note that the only teams since Fitzroy to win just two games in a season were Fremantle in 2001 and Melbourne in 2013 I feel nothing but anger. The brand of the Carlton football club is being shovelled thru s**t

Carlton is on track to its worst season since 1901. Clearly the coach’s game plan should shoulder some of this blame. Why are there so many people out of their depth at Carlton?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
doubt there's ever been a less liked 300 odd game player

A clear winner if not for Shannon Grant!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:20 am 
Ken Hunter

tap in 79 wrote:
When I note that the only teams since Fitzroy to win just two games in a season were Fremantle in 2001 and Melbourne in 2013 I feel nothing but anger. The brand of the Carlton football club is being shovelled thru s**t

Carlton is on track to its worst season since 1901. Clearly the coach’s game plan should shoulder some of this blame. Why are there so many people out of their depth at Carlton?

The Herald Sun has an article today saying if we lose it will be the worst season since Fitzroy in 1996.
Yet, everyone is dead against us receiving any assistance in the way of a PP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 350  Next