Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wojee wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
i know we have a lot of injuries ,but my question for bolts is our game plan .when are we going to change it,the system we have in place atm is no good.Bolts and co need to look at syd or coll with all there injuries they are still winning.

Carlton's list != Sydney/Collingwood's

Simply put, our depth is so poor that we're simply not as able to withstand the impact of losing key players like other teams. Then you compound that by losing most of the starting back six and ruck options and what you're doing is plugging holes/playing guys out of position.

It's like running a Formula One team where every other team has a garage full of spares if something breaks while you've got a pile of parts from a 1976 Holden Sunbird.

I like that, Spot on! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Trigger wrote:
Wojee wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
i know we have a lot of injuries ,but my question for bolts is our game plan .when are we going to change it,the system we have in place atm is no good.Bolts and co need to look at syd or coll with all there injuries they are still winning.

Carlton's list != Sydney/Collingwood's

Simply put, our depth is so poor that we're simply not as able to withstand the impact of losing key players like other teams. Then you compound that by losing most of the starting back six and ruck options and what you're doing is plugging holes/playing guys out of position.

It's like running a Formula One team where every other team has a garage full of spares if something breaks while you've got a pile of parts from a 1976 Holden Sunbird.

I like that, Spot on! :thumbsup:

A sunbird looked alright with a set of deep dish westerns on it.lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jamespul65 wrote:

Look a bit deeper. Collingwoods top 7 in their B&F last year have missed a total of 8 games. Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Grundy etc etc, they're all fit and playing well every week. They lose Treloar, Dunn and Cox and what happens, they lose to West Coast in Melbourne. Key players out kill your system.

Look at our best players from last year. Murphy, missed a heap of games, Kreuzer, probably missed or failed to play out 6 or 7 games, Docherty, hasn't played a game. Gibbs, gone. Then look at our better defenders. Williamson, hasn't played a game, Marchbank, hardly played. Alex Silvagni, hasn't played. Plowman, out.

As for Jims suggestion that Melbourne had the right coach for their rebuild, I don't recall people saying that when they lost the last game he coached by 111 points. :lol:

Some of you over estimate the coaches and gameplan. Results this year have confirmed that if you don't have the personnel, you will go backwards, significantly. Look at GWS, look at Adelaide. It doesn't matter how good your game style or strategies are, if you don't have the personnel, you're up shit creek.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

Look a bit deeper. Collingwoods top 7 in their B&F last year have missed a total of 8 games. Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Grundy etc etc, they're all fit and playing well every week. They lose Treloar, Dunn and Cox and what happens, they lose to West Coast in Melbourne. Key players out kill your system.

Look at our best players from last year. Murphy, missed a heap of games, Kreuzer, probably missed or failed to play out 6 or 7 games, Docherty, hasn't played a game. Gibbs, gone. Then look at our better defenders. Williamson, hasn't played a game, Marchbank, hardly played. Alex Silvagni, hasn't played. Plowman, out.

As for Jims suggestion that Melbourne had the right coach for their rebuild, I don't recall people saying that when they lost the last game he coached by 111 points. :lol:

Some of you over estimate the coaches and gameplan. Results this year have confirmed that if you don't have the personnel, you will go backwards, significantly. Look at GWS, look at Adelaide. It doesn't matter how good your game style or strategies are, if you don't have the personnel, you're up shit creek.

:thumbsup:Quite simple isn't it for some!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:18 pm 
John Nicholls

Trigger wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

:thumbsup:Quite simple isn't it for some!

A well considered post debunking all the nonsense that has appeared in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Sick of hearing it.

We have been deplorable this year.

No amount of spin will change that. The media is right.

I have yet to see any real progress in our game plan and ball movement.

Not convinced with some of our youngsters.

You can tell the club is on the defensive and is rattled.

Give Bolton another 12 months. Can't sack him now.

Although, can't go through another year like this one.

The brand has been smashed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

I love the excuses excuses mantra. Its basically a kid holding his hands over his ears, stamping his feet yelling I will not listen. Fine - so don't ask questions when you will not listen to the answers.
Which kids are you worried about?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

Bottom line is Bolton had a 100% success rate at Hawthorn when he took the reigns after Clarkson became sick.

He had the players and merely told them to do what they do best (yeah, yeah I know it was Clarkson's team blah blah)

If you don't have the players you are never gonna win.

Let's face it I could have coached the Blues to the 95 premiership with the players we had :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:
you just cannot gloss over this, imo.

gold coast and gws both had 3 and 4 times this many wins in their inaugural seasons.

Essendon*****, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:
are we really that much worse than those three teams?

I think injuries have seen us a couple of wins behind what I would've expected, so I see us as being on par with those three teams.
My comparison is Melbourne.

We are getting too easily sucked in by the word "rebuild" and not looking at what is actually happening on-field. People think it's just going all happen and are comfortable with it. We are actually supposed to get better. Last year 6 wins as well as leading 7 times in last qtrs you could easily expect 8-9 wins. After all when Melbourne rebuilt again under Neeld they had 2 wins. They went from that to 4 to 7 to 10 wins in the 3 years under Paul Roos. We've gone 7, 6 and 1. I know we've have had plenty of injuries, which means a few less wins, but no way should we have been on the threshold of a winless season. We've won 2 games in the last 26. That's more than simply injuries. That is garbage pure and simple. Only got to look on-field to see things aren't exactly right.

Did melbourne have 42 changes to their list over the last 3 years?
Maybe Melbourne wasn't that stupid

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

That should be a statement rather than a question

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:

How many wins did you expect this year?
Be honest.

i was expecting the same as last season - 6 wins, but hoping for a couple more. allow for improvement in the list, improvement in the game plan, the development of many of our high picks and then allow for the loss of docherty & gibbs.

we could have won 10 games last season, but came away with six after continually bottling the last qtr ... i thought repeating those 6 wins that was a shoe in.

after they were pinged for pills, is it fair to say Essendon* played with a much worse, more disjointed list than ours? and they managed 3 wins in their shit season. if so, our one win looks really, really bad and suggests there could be more than injuries to blame.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
Wojee wrote:

How many wins did you expect this year?
Be honest.

i was expecting the same as last season - 6 wins, but hoping for a couple more. allow for improvement in the list, improvement in the game plan, the development of many of our high picks and then allow for the loss of docherty & gibbs.

we could have won 10 games last season, but came away with six after continually bottling the last qtr ... i thought repeating those 6 wins that was a shoe in.

after they were pinged for pills, is it fair to say Essendon** played with a much worse, more disjointed list than ours? and they managed 3 wins in their shit season. if so, our one win looks really, really bad and suggests there could be more than injuries to blame.

they replaced their banned players with players who had total of 1059 games experience between them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Trigger wrote:
jim wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:
you just cannot gloss over this, imo.

gold coast and gws both had 3 and 4 times this many wins in their inaugural seasons.

Essendon******, with half a list suspended for taking drugs, and had to use top up players from all kinds of leagues around the country – like the NT, and still managed three wins.

GWS:

2012 - 2 wins
2013 - 1 win

GC:

2011 - 3 wins
2012 - 3 wins

Quote:
are we really that much worse than those three teams?

I think injuries have seen us a couple of wins behind what I would've expected, so I see us as being on par with those three teams.
My comparison is Melbourne.

We are getting too easily sucked in by the word "rebuild" and not looking at what is actually happening on-field. People think it's just going all happen and are comfortable with it. We are actually supposed to get better. Last year 6 wins as well as leading 7 times in last qtrs you could easily expect 8-9 wins. After all when Melbourne rebuilt again under Neeld they had 2 wins. They went from that to 4 to 7 to 10 wins in the 3 years under Paul Roos. We've gone 7, 6 and 1. I know we've have had plenty of injuries, which means a few less wins, but no way should we have been on the threshold of a winless season. We've won 2 games in the last 26. That's more than simply injuries. That is garbage pure and simple. Only got to look on-field to see things aren't exactly right.

Did melbourne have 42 changes to their list over the last 3 years?
Maybe Melbourne wasn't that stupid

Is that all you have got? pfft! :grin: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

:thumbsup: Simple as that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

WOW wrote:
The media is right.

I’ve read some funny things online over the last couple of decades but that’s right up there with the best of them.

Classic! :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:22 am 
Harry Vallence

GWS wrote:
WOW wrote:
The media is right.

I’ve read some funny things online over the last couple of decades but that’s right up there with the best of them.

I suppose it's all "fake news". Nothing to see hear. 2 wins from the last 26 games with no semblance of a game plan. And Rowe is our key defender. It's going so well. So very Trumpian if you believe otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:32 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dannyboy wrote:
I love the excuses excuses mantra. Its basically a kid holding his hands over his ears, stamping his feet yelling I will not listen. Fine - so don't ask questions when you will not listen to the answers.

The reality is mate, none of us know how much of our 1 win season is down to injuries, and how much is from poor or failed coaching.

everything will be revealed next season i guess. but, i have a question specifically for you, blue vein and trigger.

with a healthy list to choose from next season. and with the development of our star picks and improved game plan. How many wins next year get a pass mark form you guys? Where on the ladder in your opinions, should we be finishing?

Next season; I'll happily stand here and declare i was wrong about bolton should we climb the table and threaten the top 8 next season. I'll also apologise for bashing everyone's ears in about bolton being in over his head and a bad choice for coach.

be interesting if you guys are wrong and if bolton is deemed a failed appointment to see how you handle that.

dannyboy wrote:
Which kids are you worried about?

there's a few.

Weitering, SPS, Plowman, Jack, and Marchbank all looked to have regressed on what they delivered last year.

off the top of my head, the rest of the list have mostly stagnated, and only charlie, fish and Cripps looked to have raised their games/ developed from last season?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

It's not about wins and losses Braithy
Surely you know that already :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:26 am 
Geoff Southby

WOW wrote:
GWS wrote:
WOW wrote:
The media is right.

I suppose it's all "fake news". Nothing to see hear. 2 wins from the last 26 games with no semblance of a game plan. And Rowe is our key defender. It's going so well. So very Trumpian if you believe otherwise.

:banghead: Clueless!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 350  Next