Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

I haven't been a regular poster of late but last nights insipid performance still has my blood boiling.

The thread below was started NINE years ago and where is Sticks???...Still there!!

Do not wait for the year end retirement, and the unelected replacements.

Go now!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6286

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:49 pm 
Rod McGregor

What part is considered the top of a fish?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I've always maintained it's the "Fish Sticks" that rots from the head.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Are we talking the dorsal fin here?

Dorsal fins would be one of the last things to rot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Getting back on track. How alarming is it that we can have such long-term mediocrity at the top???

We should not tolerate the rubbish that has been served up to us over the last 10-12 years!

Enough is enough!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

7dominator wrote:
Getting back on track. How alarming is it that we can have such long-term mediocrity at the top???

We should not tolerate the rubbish that has been served up to us over the last 10-12 years!

Enough is enough!

Who is putting their hand up though?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

chelodina wrote:
7dominator wrote:

Enough is enough!

Who is putting their hand up though?

Perhaps a start could be for the Chairman to stand down and see which way the cards fall.

If that is unsatisfactory perhaps a bit of people power for a change instead of the boys club of self appointments!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

Spot on 7dom.

This is from a post I wrote in 2006...

Quote:
In regards to the review being conducted by Kernahan and Gleeson...I realise I am about to hang myself out as a stationary target here, but here goes...

There is no doubt that Kernahan has been an absolute champion of this club, and that his heart is dark navy blue from top to bottom. However, that doesn't ensure that someone is good at what they are trying to do.

At the extraordinary general meeting that was called to oust John Elliott, Kernahan, representing the incumbant Elliott board, stood up to give his talk, and then field questions from members. He was then, as he is now, both a member of the board, and a member of the match committee, whilst also being a part time assistant coach.

When asked about the performance of the coaches and the match commitee, Kernahan responded that they, and he, took full responsibility for the performance on the field, and that they, and he, had failed in their task.

When asked about the performance of the Board, he replied, "I am not the one to ask about that, it's not my area of expertise, you are better off directing that question to John (Elliott)".

Kernahan's performance at that meeting was poor to say the least. He admitted that he had failed as an assistant coach and member of the match committee, as well as a member of the Boad, that is, everything he has been charged by the club to do. And all the time telling members that they should vote for the incumbent Ellliott board.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Kernahan has a conflict of interest with his two positions, regardless of his performance...he is a member of a committee that appoints himself.

There must be serious question marks against his ability to conduct an IMPARTIAL review of the football department, given that he is a member of that football department.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12232&p=355516&hilit=Kernahan#p355516

And another from 2009. Not much has changed...our membership has fallen further, our debt is still huge, and being paid off by poker machines, we've had 3 number 1 draft picks, 7 more top 10 picks (Walker, Kennedy, Judd, McLean, Russell, Yarran, Thomas) and 7 or 8 11-20 picks, and we haven't managed a top 4 finish, and Kernahan's board can't even get their own numbers down from 13 to 7 or 9. Read that last one again...they can't even get it together to decrease the board numbers. Talk about incompetent.

Quote:
Kernahan was Elliott's Vice President, he stood behind him 100%. At the EGM at the end of 2002, he defended the incumbent Board. At that meeting, he was asked about the performance of the football department (of which he was a part), given we had just 'won' our first Wooden Spoon. He said that the football department, including himself, had failed, had not performed.

He was then asked about the performance of the Board, given we were millions in debt (not to mention being investigated for salary cap breaches). He said, "I don't know about that stuff, you'd better ask John (Elliott) that".

If he failed in the football department, and did not know about Board issues, what the hell was he doing?

After the Board was thrown out, and he was voted onto the new Board, he admitted that the Elliott Board had not prerformed adequately.

He was then part of an ineffectual Collins Board, followed by an ineffectual Smorgon Board. Before the election in which Smorgon was eventually voted out, Kernahan again defended the Board to the hilt, warning that voting for change would be a disaster for the Club, that this was the Board that would take the Club forward.

Lo and behold, as soon as Smorgon was voted off, but Kernahan retained, he admitted that the previous Smorgan Board had not preformed and that the Board really needed to get it's act together.

In 2007, Kernahan knocked on Pratts door and said, we're f*cked, can you help? Brilliant! Genius! How a Board member could come up with such a stroke of inspiration I'll never know!!!

Actually, I do know. The Board was so incompetent, including its Vice President, who had been Vice President of the three previous incompetent Boards, that there was only one, last desperate option - get on your knees and beg someone who did know what he was doing.

Stephen Kernahan is a champion of Carlton Football Club. He is one of the greatest players and captains this Club has seen. He has gave so many of us so much pleasure as a footballer. What we would give right now to have a 23 year-old Stephen Kernahan standing at CHF! His heart bleeds navy blue. He is Carlton through and through. And we all love him for that.

However, Stephen Kernahan has failed as a Board member and as a President. He has shown time and time again that he is out of his depth. He does not have what it takes to lead this great Club off the field.

There are still significant problems with the leadership of this Club. The fish rots from the head. It is time for change.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27057&p=993419&hilit=Kernahan+Smorgan#p993419

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Its more than time for a change. I am so frustrated at the club. I've trusted them to do the best, but no more.

The best and most successful organisations are ALWAYS reviewing how they do things trying to get better at every little process. What have we done? We are amateur hour. We have little to no respect from other clubs on and off the field. If it wasn't for 2 rich blokes in Mathieson and Pratt, we'd be merged with the bulldogs (if they'd have us)

I want to burn the club to the ground, and re-build it brick by brick. Every function of the club should be reviewed, analysed and improved upon. Every role should be reviewed and the best person for the job should be found and hired.

I feel so damn frustrated because short of withdrawing my support which is counter productive, how the hell can I have a say???!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:12 pm 
Robert Walls

Come on guys give Swann a chance to implement the boards plans and directional ideology...

These things take time,,,,

Rumor has it that Swann is working hard as we speak and is holding secret talks with key figures in the football world with the aim of recruitment and enhancement of our culture of excellence and brilliance...People like Stan Magro, Twiggy Dunne, Ron Wearmouth, Peter Daicos, Micky Gayfer, Rene Kink and Damien Monkhurst....

I also hear that Mick's replacement by the year 2021 has already been sorted out by Swann

Attachments:
nathan-buckley.jpg
nathan-buckley.jpg [ 39.28 KiB | Viewed 15579 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:06 pm 
Bob Chitty

Anyone heard Sticks' message to the fans on the CFC website? So pathetic.......his legacy will be his laughable term as president. Have already long forgotten the player that he was.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:45 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Pickle wrote:
Anyone heard Sticks' message to the fans on the CFC website? So pathetic.......his legacy will be his laughable term as president. Have already long forgotten the player that he was.

Surely we have one of the 12 other board members who has access to a script writer. That missed the mark more than a Warnock set shot at goal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wasn't this a thread a while ago?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Oh, and we haven't even talked about the five-year Blue Print that promised 2 flags by 1015...

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/staticfile/ ... eprint.pdf

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 am 
Garry Crane

Lets not kid ourselves that sticks leaving will make any difference if the rest of the team remain
Sticks was a figure head and was dependent on his advisors. Him leaving and his advisors staying means no change.

We desperately need someone to challenge the board. Sadly dont see any indication of that happening.

'‘He had an enormous capacity to pump himself up and get the best out of himself when it mattered. He had a fire in his belly – a passion for the contest like few other players’' -- D Parkin in reference to the dominator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:07 am 
Harry Vallence

Dominator7 wrote:
Lets not kid ourselves that sticks leaving will make any difference if the rest of the team remain
Sticks was a figure head and was dependent on his advisors. Him leaving and his advisors staying means no change.

We desperately need someone to challenge the board. Sadly dont see any indication of that happening.

Correct. He's just a puppet figure head.
Him leaving or staying makes no difference.

Its the board members who vote.. they need to go.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:20 am 
Horrie Clover

"Instead of dragging the Club into reinvention and relevance in a new world order, the whack the Club copped for its salary cap indiscretions simply served as a expedient ten-year excuse for mediocrity. An excuse that begat a miserable, second-rate culture and a Board who thought any problem could be solved by a trip to Raheen to kiss Richard Pratt’s wallet." http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/afl-round-3-essendon-v-carlton-the-peoples-elbow-a-club-run-by-carnies/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:29 am 
Bruce Doull

yeah great article P's E.
And also good to see you posting again dom7

Im glaad people can finally see what we have become... (except dane.. hes happily slipping some euphoric tablet down his throat atm .. )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 am 
Bruce Doull

Pickle wrote:

[youtube]d9JffBIl_Zw[/youtube]

I agree, this is embarrassing.

No message, no vision, no hope. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:55 am 
Horrie Clover

Who is briefing Kernahan on this?

What is the take-away they wanted to leave members with? No message. No strength to his tone or delivery. He may as well of just sat there, shrugged his shoulders and threow his hands despairingly in the air.

There's a corporate comms vacuum at that place.

Listen to the way Swann talks on radio -- he does not sound like a CEO, as much as Sticks doesn't strike the tone of a Chairman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next