Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 3637
Location: Bridge, Starship Enterprise
dane wrote:
He's also for some unknown reason the head of strategy.


Excuse please but watching games, WHAT STRATEGY

_________________
"Get ready, Teddy - you're on": Ron Barassi half time 1970 Grand Final


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:53 am
Posts: 10748
Location: pluto's cavern
Step 1. Play so terribly that you have media clammering to say you need a PP
Step 2. Deny you want one
Step 3. Play even worse so that your PP is before the first round.

That's all I can think of.

_________________
I drink and I know things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 26107
This bloke just has to go.

There’s a serious problem with the players’ mindset re their method and approach. The evidence is there on display most weeks.

It doesn’t matter what certificates are up on his wall - the club can’t avoid identifying the evidence.

_________________
WHO WANTS TO WALK... WITH CRIPPA ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:07 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 pm
Posts: 3682
is it true due to some grossly incompetent afl rule that we can't replace our line coaches after a certain cutoff date? and that date has passed?


wow just wow, if true. the afl has finally jumped the shark with its over-administration of the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:17 am
Posts: 27984
Braithy wrote:
is it true due to some grossly incompetent afl rule that we can't replace our line coaches after a certain cutoff date? and that date has passed?


wow just wow, if true. the afl has finally jumped the shark with its over-administration of the game.


Sounds like the dumbest rule ever, which means it also sounds like something the AFL would have.

_________________
"One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds." - Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Posts: 25463
Location: The Brown Wedge
Rexy wrote:
This bloke just has to go.

There’s a serious problem with the players’ mindset re their method and approach. The evidence is there on display most weeks.

It doesn’t matter what certificates are up on his wall - the club can’t avoid identifying the evidence.


Is it possible it's the head coach that's the problem?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 pm
Posts: 3682
Wojee wrote:
Braithy wrote:
is it true due to some grossly incompetent afl rule that we can't replace our line coaches after a certain cutoff date? and that date has passed?


wow just wow, if true. the afl has finally jumped the shark with its over-administration of the game.


Sounds like the dumbest rule ever, which means it also sounds like something the AFL would have.



I tried looking it up, but couldn't find anything. A few guys I was watching the game with on the weekend were blowing up about the rule. I can't believe it until i see proof. it's just too dumb, even for the afl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28188
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
The Duke wrote:
Rexy wrote:
This bloke just has to go.

There’s a serious problem with the players’ mindset re their method and approach. The evidence is there on display most weeks.

It doesn’t matter what certificates are up on his wall - the club can’t avoid identifying the evidence.


Is it possible it's the head coach that's the problem?

Maybe, but Barker’s been there a whole lot longer and every area he’s been in charge of (not just at Carlton) has dropped in performance.

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21747
So we have had de-listings...

Now it's sakcing time!

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28188
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
:lol:

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 am
Posts: 10
We need to look for a Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Matt Nagy type to coach our midfield. Someone out of left field who understands game trends


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 11092
Location: Bondi Beach
Uncle Zel wrote:
We need to look for a Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Matt Nagy type to coach our midfield. Someone out of left field who understands game trends


Hey Uncle are you related to any of them?

The game moves on, and coaches have to find a way that is better than and ahead of the pack , to win flags.

I don't know any of the names you mention.
Can you describe how they are left field, and their current/ recent situation?

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 am
Posts: 10
Gid day Bohndi
Need some young hungry innovative game changers like those blokes I mentioned above who are doing wonders in NFL
Some of the more cerebral recently retired players should be on our radar to replace Timothy Clarke. Cheers, Uncle Z


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:11 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:06 pm
Posts: 3724
Location: Steven Seagal's Martial Arts Academy
Uncle Zel wrote:
Gid day Bohndi
Need some young hungry innovative game changers like those blokes I mentioned above who are doing wonders in NFL
Some of the more cerebral recently retired players should be on our radar to replace Timothy Clarke. Cheers, Uncle Z


Aren't the 49ers currently sitting last under Shanahan?
....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:11 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 20406
:lol:

_________________
'not. f#*ing. blue. enough!'
Steve Jobs, screaming into his car phone, pre imac launch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:12 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 am
Posts: 10
Bluey44 wrote:
Uncle Zel wrote:
Gid day Bohndi
Need some young hungry innovative game changers like those blokes I mentioned above who are doing wonders in NFL
Some of the more cerebral recently retired players should be on our radar to replace Timothy Clarke. Cheers, Uncle Z


Aren't the 49ers currently sitting last under Shanahan?
....

I wouldn't be questioning his capacity as a play caller.. not his fault his QB blew out his knee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:12 am
Posts: 9420
Location: Coburg
ahh the old injury excuse.

_________________
Title: Catalina
Author: Danny Fahey
Publisher: Dragonfall Press (http://www.dragonfallpress.com)
http://dannybfahey.blogspot.com.au/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 10:49 am
Posts: 897
Synbad wrote:
Don't worry about barker..

Don't know how great he is but are you seriously expecting to challenge or something?
He will communicate very well to the players.


Point is exactly what is he uttering..?

_________________
Go Blue Boys


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group