Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Hope..............??
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:50 pm 
formerly cj69

Anyone listen to Dunstall on On the Coach tonight. I regard Dunstall as a very smart football person.

He said the club's brand is being damaged every week. The club needs to step up and outline a "Plan" moving forward. This needs to be relayed to the members.

Club needs to have a plan and to sell "Hope" and this needs to be relayed to the members who are losing hope and who are understandably angry and frustrated.

PS Also heard Ange Postecoglo say that if you waste a year it can cost you 3 to recover. This has been my concern, why are we sitting around wasting time.

Post subject: Re: Hope..............??
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

ThePsychologist wrote:
Anyone listen to Dunstall on On the Coach tonight. I regard Dunstall as a very smart football person.

He said the club's brand is being damaged every week. The club needs to step up and outline a "Plan" moving forward. This needs to be relayed to the members.

Club needs to have a plan and to sell "Hope" and this needs to be relayed to the members who are losing hope and who are understandably angry and frustrated.

PS Also heard Ange Postecoglo say that if you waste a year it can cost you 3 to recover. This has been my concern, why are we sitting around wasting time.

Because we are very poorly run.

We could do worse than getting Dunstall involved in some capacity, i rate him as well

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

Because we are very poorly run.

We could do worse than getting Dunstall involved in some capacity, i rate him as well

Get on the panel to appoint the next coach.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

No doubt if anyone at the club is asked about a plan they'll just refer to that document they released a few months ago. Although it looks more like a brochure to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 pm 
Bob Chitty

Our plan is to get a plan. We've [REDACTED] up before trying to get a plan too quick. Due process required.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

What happened to Sticks plan? Was it 2 or 3 flags by 2015?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

ThePsychologist wrote:

I think he also said that he doesn't agree with sacking coaches mid year and implied we should stick by Malthouse for the remainder of his contract.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 am 
Craig Bradley

emtwenty wrote:
No doubt if anyone at the club is asked about a plan they'll just refer to that document they released a few months ago. Although it looks more like a brochure to me.

It was a mission statement! :grin:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:47 am 
formerly cj69

Caroline Wilson said on FC last night that she met with Trigg, McKay and a few others last week and was impressed with plan they are working on and that they are united.

Maybe some hope?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:52 am 
formerly cj69

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/recrui ... 7359502536

Interesting read. I'd still like to know who is or has been responsible for these ridiciulous contracts. :mad: Do they realise how much they can restrict and damage us for years to come?

Quote - "Thomas is Carlton’s highest-paid player after signing a four-year deal worth $2.8 million at the end of 2013, with the option of a fifth season" :yikes:

Last edited by ThePsychologist on Tue May 19, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:55 am 
Craig Bradley

cecil89 wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

I think he also said that he doesn't agree with sacking coaches mid year and implied we should stick by Malthouse for the remainder of his contract.

So in other words more wishy washy tripe!!!

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:00 am 
Craig Bradley

ThePsychologist wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/recruiting-manager-stephen-silvagni-conducts-audit-on-carlton-list/story-e6frf7jo-1227359502536

Interesting read. I'd still like to know who is or has been responsible for these ridiciulous contracts. :mad: Do they realise how much they can restrict and damage us for years to come?

As long as people understand now why 700k a year, for 4 years, for Eddie was OTT.

And yes, I realise Thomas is getting that and it's a waste of money, agreed. The trick with free agency with the way the rules are setup currently is to bring in a FA in a year where do don't lose a valuable FA away from the club. You do that and the 700k becomes 600k in real terms in mind because you don't lose your draft picks to get a FA in.

And then take advantage of an Eddie by getting a decent pick in return .

Dumb flowers at the club [REDACTED] it up though.......again!!!!

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:23 am 
Bruce Doull

Band aid approaches to band aid solutions in perpetual default

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:59 am 
Geoff Southby

ThePsychologist wrote:
Caroline Wilson said on FC last night that she met with Trigg, McKay and a few others last week and was impressed with plan they are working on and that they are united.

Maybe some hope?

I heard that from Caro as well.
I think the problem is the Club's miscommunication and mixed messages they are sending fans and everyone else outside the Club 'bubble'.
Internally, they may well have a plan, and may well know where the list is at, and Mick may well know where his contract status is at, but the message isn't being communicated properly to us outside the Club, so we re left frustrated and angry..
Then there's the on field mess......

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:01 am 
Stephen Kernahan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:02 am 
formerly cj69

Dominator_7 wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

Maybe some hope?

I heard that from Caro as well.
I think the problem is the Club's miscommunication and mixed messages they are sending fans and everyone else outside the Club 'bubble'.
Internally, they may well have a plan, and may well know where the list is at, and Mick may well know where his contract status is at, but the message isn't being communicated properly to us outside the Club, so we re left frustrated and angry..
Then there's the on field mess......

Agree with this. They forget it's a members club.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:18 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Best comment in the article:

Quote:
Complicating Carlton’s recruiting plans is the emergence of Blues great Silvagni’s oldest son, Jack, who has roared into father-son draft calculations after excellent TAC Cup form for Oakleigh Chargers and making the Vic Metro squad.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:21 am 
Bruce Doull

It is great news 2nd, I'm just worried about what this new F/S valuation method is going to do to our first pick.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jimmae wrote:
It is great news 2nd, I'm just worried about what this new F/S valuation method is going to do to our first pick.

Yep wouldn't that be the great irony, having to give up pick#1 on a FS selection. If SOSOS is a decent prospect, from a marketing perspective alone the club would have to think very long and hard about picking him up. To see him becoming a champ at another club would be a tragedy for Carlton. The irony of Geelong getting Ablett, Hawkins and co for lower picks then us having to use a 1st rounder

Is he bottom aged? Maybe have his dad convince him to play a 2nd year of TAC cup.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:37 am 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:

You can bet your last buck that the AFL will change the rules just as we're about to take advantage. Why wouldn't it?

The AFL have engineered a monster.