Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

So when does Lethlean get announced?

I'm tipping the week before Christmas.

Or during the Australian Open.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

woof wrote:
Herald Sun whispers : Steven Trigg received a call from the club to organise the return of his company vehicle. He confirmed that it was ok to pick up the vehicle in ..... Adelaide!

To be fair to Trigg though, he drove the car to Adelaide then found out about his "resignation" from Carlton via the media. Can't say I'd be real keen to drive it back under those circumstances either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigKev wrote:
woof wrote:
Herald Sun whispers : Steven Trigg received a call from the club to organise the return of his company vehicle. He confirmed that it was ok to pick up the vehicle in ..... Adelaide!

To be fair to Trigg though, he drove the car to Adelaide then found out about his "resignation" from Carlton via the media. Can't say I'd be real keen to drive it back under those circumstances either.

If true...very very poor form.

Im not impressed...if true.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Big Kev must have forgotten that he was still working for the club after he was advised that he was no longer required.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:36 am 
Stephen Kernahan

No problem.
Take the cost of transporting the car back to Melbourne out of his last pay check.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... eType=text

Chris Judd, Kate Jenkins on panel to select new Carlton chief executive
Caroline Wilson

Published: October 31 2017 - 6:08PM

High-profile Carlton directors Kate Jenkins and Chris Judd will make up half the panel selecting the club's new chief executive – the role widely expected to go to Simon Lethlean.

Jenkins, the Australian sex discrimination commissioner, was one of several board members who were keen for the Blues to conduct a transparent process in their search for a replacement for Steven Trigg – a search that was unofficially carried out for more than a month without Trigg's knowledge.

Judd recently joined the board, replacing long-serving Adrian Gleeson. He sat on a panel, which also included Ange Postecoglou, that selected Brendon Bolton to replace Mick Malthouse as senior coach.

President Mark LoGiudice will head the panel, which will also include a recruitment executive from the firm Egon Zender, seconded by the Blues to run the search for a new club boss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Effes wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-judd-kate-jenkins-on-panel-to-select-new-carlton-chief-executive-20171031-gzc2xz.html?deviceType=text

Chris Judd, Kate Jenkins on panel to select new Carlton chief executive
Caroline Wilson

Published: October 31 2017 - 6:08PM

High-profile Carlton directors Kate Jenkins and Chris Judd will make up half the panel selecting the club's new chief executive – the role widely expected to go to Simon Lethlean.

Jenkins, the Australian sex discrimination commissioner, was one of several board members who were keen for the Blues to conduct a transparent process in their search for a replacement for Steven Trigg – a search that was unofficially carried out for more than a month without Trigg's knowledge.

Judd recently joined the board, replacing long-serving Adrian Gleeson. He sat on a panel, which also included Ange Postecoglou, that selected Brendon Bolton to replace Mick Malthouse as senior coach.

President Mark LoGiudice will head the panel, which will also include a recruitment executive from the firm Egon Zender, seconded by the Blues to run the search for a new club boss.

So they had already been searching for a month in secret? Due process?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:36 am 
Bruce Doull

Dual processing. It's been all the rage for a while now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
BigKev wrote:
woof wrote:

If true...very very poor form.

Im not impressed...if true.

FWIW I was told this by bloke I know who works as a journo for the AFL. No idea how reliable the information is but thought I'd post it anyway. (Who really cares right?)

And woof ... I'm not taking sides at all, (I really wouldn't have a clue), just reporting unsubstantiated rumours. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:18 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I was thinking about the current state of the club and I keep going back to why MLG got rid of Trigg when from my point of view things were building nicely.

Our womens team is a basket case with the coach 'let go' and the Captain and others reportedly wanting out.

Our mens team are 0-2 off the back of a limp and substandard performance led by a Captain in name only and a coach fast running out of workable cliches.

Our membership will still be around the 50k mark.

Where are we at ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 am 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
I was thinking about the current state of the club and I keep going back to why MLG got rid of Trigg when from my point of view things were building nicely.

Our womens team is a basket case with the coach 'let go' and the Captain and others reportedly wanting out.

Our mens team are 0-2 off the back of a limp and substandard performance led by a Captain in name only and a coach fast running out of workable cliches.

Where are we at ?

Was thinking the same Rexy.

AFLW - last
AFL - bottom 4 again
NB - expect a low placement

I feel for our Marketing Team.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:53 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Yep, we have liddle to work with.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:28 am 
Robert Walls

This would be the perfect spot to insert a joke about whether cain is abel to do great things at Carlton

:donk: :donk:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:05 am 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:

Where are we at ?

If Trigg had things building nicely, why is the AFLW team a shambles? Why is the men’s team still in a rebuilding phase? Why is membership stagnant?

These are not the fault of Liddle. He inherited each of these issues and his ability to overcome them will hopefully be seen in the coming years.

My take: the men’s team was a basket case when Trigg started. I believe he has contributed significantly to the improvement of our team and the more positive outlook we have for our future. This year was always going to be challenging on field and supporters already questioning our direction are misguided IMO. Don’t let 20 years of mediocrity blind your judgement, this rebuild is 3 years old and will only yield results in the W/L column from 2019 onwards.

The issues surrounding the AFLW team are linked to Trigg. This was his project and he is accountable for the position we’re in. Ladder position is not nearly as disheartening as the reported cultural issues. I would hope Liddle has made some inroads into this during his tenure, but I couldn’t say whether that’s actually the case.

Trigg did not improve our membership and this is a massive reason why he was replaced. This is Liddle’s strength and I’d expect improved results in the next off season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CEOs are directly responsible for onfield performance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

They’re responsible for putting the right people in place. Trigg put Bolton in place and I support that decision. Can’t remember if he put Silvagni on as list manager, but that’s a decision I also support.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:22 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Pretty sure Silvagni put himself on as list manager. #justgivehimthekeys

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Jack Elliot once told me that SOS was only in it for himself. Quite a statement from Jack I thought.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just heard Cain Liddle on SEN. Very impressive. :thumbsup: The club should get him out into the media more often.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stefchook wrote:
Just heard Cain Liddle on SEN. Very impressive. :thumbsup: The club should get him out into the media more often.

Then heard the most insular, shy, uninspiring Murph on 3aw.
Just did not sound remotely like a Captain unless that was Captain of despondency.
I do feel ba saying that, and I always hope Murph will get back to his best. I guess he must be effective with the group even though he is poor with the media.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next