Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

Excuse my ignorance but who is Kate Jenkins?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-1 ... lton-board

Quote:
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner Kate Jenkins has joined the Carlton Football Club Board of Directors.

Jenkins has 20 years experience as a lawyer and is the convener of the Victorian Male Champions of Change, a group aimed at advancing gender equality, which includes AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan and Carlton Board members Luke Sayers and Ahmed Fahour.

Among her other roles, Jenkins is also the Chair of the Independent Review of Victoria Police into sexual harassment and sex discrimination, the Co-Chair of Play by the Rules, on the Board of Heide Museum of Modern Art and Vice President of the Board of Berry Street Victoria – the state's largest independent child and family welfare organisation.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-10-19/kate-jenkins-joins-carlton-board

Quote:
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner Kate Jenkins has joined the Carlton Football Club Board of Directors.

Jenkins has 20 years experience as a lawyer and is the convener of the Victorian Male Champions of Change, a group aimed at advancing gender equality, which includes AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan and Carlton Board members Luke Sayers and Ahmed Fahour.

Among her other roles, Jenkins is also the Chair of the Independent Review of Victoria Police into sexual harassment and sex discrimination, the Co-Chair of Play by the Rules, on the Board of Heide Museum of Modern Art and Vice President of the Board of Berry Street Victoria – the state's largest independent child and family welfare organisation.

So according to Barass one of our board members is leaking information to Caro?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
Wangers wrote:
What I'm interested in is particularly the boards' responsibility and accountability in all this. 75% of the board are long term board members and have overseen poor governance and decision making in football decisions, Ratten, MM appointments and their sackings, poor list management and recruitment over 15 years and now this decision. All while they have retained their positions on the board.

:thumbsup:

I agree with a lot of what Wangers says and the board needs to take more responsibility for their previous failings, which there has clearly been many. But just as a comparison, the average tenure for CEOs of global organisations is around 5 years. Whilst Trigg has been around for 3.5 years, the fact that they're now looking for a replacement or the clubs vision has changed slightly over the years doesn't necessarily mean his appointment initially was a failure.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 pm 
Wayne Johnston

trublu wrote:
AGRO wrote:
The proof is in the reality - we're not one of the big 4 and we're lagging behind in the membership stakes.

We can't hide behind the "when we win they will come" strategy any longer.

Time for the Board to put up or get out.

The club has never ever been better and you want to call for a board spill. THIS IS THE OLD CARLTON

Sometimes i think supporters on here are so bored with their own lives that they just love drama to keep them going.

JUST BE PATIENT. OUR TIME WILL COME

The club has never had a worse 15 years than the last 15, you obviously haven’t been following the club for very long.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Is it really a CEOs job to connect with the rank and file?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

To turn supporters into members, I think the rank and file need to be engaged. Trigg did a good job making the ordinary member feel like a stakeholder.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:24 pm 
Bert Deacon

aboynamedsue wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

To turn supporters into members, I think the rank and file need to be engaged. Trigg did a good job making the ordinary member feel like a stakeholder.

I have been a member - on and off - since 1963, including the last 15 seasons straight. Only since Trigg arrived have I felt appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

My advice (FWIW) ...is don't get too caught up in the happenings of the board. Carlton will be fine. MLG mightn't be everyone's cup of tea - but he's doing a pretty good job. Every now and then he's going to get caught on the back foot but that's the nature of the beast.

I was coming on here for years saying Carlton wouldn't win anything until it got its house in order...blah, blah, blah...it's hogwash. I WAS WRONG. The politics of a footy club is fine on the proviso they don't interfere with the footy department too much. If they do, it filters down throughout the staff and the playing group. Ask any Carlton player currently what he/she thinks of the board and I guarantee you the answer 99% of the time will be "I don't really pay too much attention to that stuff". This board isn't interfering...it's all good.

FWIW I think Steven Trigg did a really good job as the conduit between the board and the footy department. I expect the incumbent to do much the same.

We all know Carlton are a really easy target for the media...they can hardly criticize Richmond any more - so understandable that the likes of Caro and Danny Frawley have put the boots in while they can.

The main priority (I would have thought) for the supporter is the footy department. It was always going to be a "in SOS we trust" exercise and I'm yet to come across a Carlton supporter who doesn't think we have a pretty bloody solid footy department and the place is running ok.

Pat's Fitztrick wrote:
I have been a member - on and off - since 1963, including the last 15 seasons straight. Only since Trigg arrived have I felt appreciated.

I met with Trigg and MLG at the end of 2014. I didn't quite hear the responses I wanted to hear and haven't been a member since. In hindsight - the President and CEO gave me 30 minutes of their time. Didn't know me from a bar of soap. That was rare and I don't think I fully appreciated it. I also didn't fully appreciate that they had their ideas and were going to stick to their path. I know a few people on here have had similar discussions since. Had Steven Trigg respond to their emails. Tuned in to listen to Steven on KB's morning show where he did a mighty fine job. Many supporters (myself included) were pretty @#$%&! wary when he arrived - I think it's fair to say he exceeded expectations.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I wasn't happy when they appointed Trigg ... but I was wrong and I think he has done a pretty good job. Whatever has caused this (and I don't rule out the Madhouse :razz: ) I am unhappy to see him go.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
My advice (FWIW) ...is don't get too caught up in the happenings of the board. Carlton will be fine. MLG mightn't be everyone's cup of tea - but he's doing a pretty good job. Every now and then he's going to get caught on the back foot but that's the nature of the beast.

I was coming on here for years saying Carlton wouldn't win anything until it got its house in order...blah, blah, blah...it's hogwash. I WAS WRONG. The politics of a footy club is fine on the proviso they don't interfere with the footy department too much. If they do, it filters down throughout the staff and the playing group. Ask any Carlton player currently what he/she thinks of the board and I guarantee you the answer 99% of the time will be "I don't really pay too much attention to that stuff". This board isn't interfering...it's all good.

FWIW I think Steven Trigg did a really good job as the conduit between the board and the footy department. I expect the incumbent to do much the same.

We all know Carlton are a really easy target for the media...they can hardly criticize Richmond any more - so understandable that the likes of Caro and Danny Frawley have put the boots in while they can.

The main priority (I would have thought) for the supporter is the footy department. It was always going to be a "in SOS we trust" exercise and I'm yet to come across a Carlton supporter who doesn't think we have a pretty bloody solid footy department and the place is running ok.

Pat's Fitztrick wrote:

I met with Trigg and MLG at the end of 2014. I didn't quite hear the responses I wanted to hear and haven't been a member since. In hindsight - the President and CEO gave me 30 minutes of their time. Didn't know me from a bar of soap. That was rare and I don't think I fully appreciated it. I also didn't fully appreciate that they had their ideas and were going to stick to their path. I know a few people on here have had similar discussions since. Had Steven Trigg respond to their emails. Tuned in to listen to Steven on KB's morning show where he did a mighty fine job. Many supporters (myself included) were pretty @#$%&! wary when he arrived - I think it's fair to say he exceeded expectations.

Refreshing POV

Good on you Doc.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:38 pm 
Serge Silvagni

DocSherrin III wrote:

Pat's Fitztrick wrote:

Well said. Lets all be patient and calm and the good times will come

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
trublu wrote:
AGRO wrote:
The proof is in the reality - we're not one of the big 4 and we're lagging behind in the membership stakes.

The club has never ever been better and you want to call for a board spill. THIS IS THE OLD CARLTON

Sometimes i think supporters on here are so bored with their own lives that they just love drama to keep them going.

The club has never had a worse 15 years than the last 15, you obviously haven’t been following the club for very long.

so what has been the tenure in years of each current board members and when were they appointed?
and how long has andy McKay been in his job?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:42 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

Fair bit to talk about on this thread that might just be a never ending one.
And that is in terms of individual subjects.
But firstly, this thread is about Steven Trigg.
And I'll start off by saying all the best to you Steven; you have done a fine job and it's a shame to see you go so soon.
And btw, does anyone have any info on who, outside of Lethlean, might be applying for the CEO role?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:00 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Beatle wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
trublu wrote:
AGRO wrote:

so what has been the tenure in years of each current board members and when were they appointed?
and how long has andy McKay been in his job?

They’ve all been around for a significant part of the last 15 years.

So what great achievements have any of them overseen?

The jury’s still out on whether this latest rebuild will actually get us anywhere. The fact is the club has been and still is a complete laughing stock and an embarrassment for at least 15 years.....I see nothing to be proud of.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Trigg is a damn hard worker which i like.Puzzled by the whole scenario myself..............and if Lethlean is the chosen one why not give him the gig without this BULLSHIT process.You either want the bloke or you don't.................talk about Nero fiddled while Rome burnt.Startinf to get nervous about this crew.Been supportive until now but this wishy washy muckin' around shit drives me crazy.Criticize OLD Carlton as much as you like but they didn't muck around.They identified there target and got him no matter what and he was the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mickstar wrote:
Criticize OLD Carlton as much as you like but they didn't muck around.They identified there target and got him no matter what and he was the best.

Well said Mick. :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:24 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

Mickstar wrote:
Trigg is a damn hard worker which i like.Puzzled by the whole scenario myself..............and if Lethlean is the chosen one why not give him the gig without this BULLSHIT process.You either want the bloke or you don't.................talk about Nero fiddled while Rome burnt.Startinf to get nervous about this crew.Been supportive until now but this wishy washy muckin' around shit drives me crazy.Criticize OLD Carlton as much as you like but they didn't muck around.They identified there target and got him no matter what and he was the best.

History shows in all sports, on and off, that the warm favourite does not always get the job.
I am more than happy for a review to take place in case there are other candidates that might be the right or better types of people to take on the role.
There is no way I will be declaring the position is Lethlean's yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:45 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

Donstuie wrote:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-pres-ceo-the-board-trigg-resigns-5-10-2017.1179409/page-16#post-52900010

barass70 wrote:
The Old Dark Navy's wrote:
I thought so. Office has been tight to date.

This would all have gone brilliantly had Caro not forced our hand. She says Trigg has been treated poorly but she has brought forward the public scrutiny.
Thanks to Kate Jenkins and there was know rift between SOS and Trigg and don’t believe all the bullshit in the media maybe timing wasn’t right but there’s never is..

barass70 wrote:
Trigg was more involved in women’s league than focusing on sponsorship and membership Trigg is a good bloke but won’t take us to next step let’s all move on because our next CEO will be one of best going around believe you me

barass70 wrote:
The Bighouse wrote:
KJ spilt the beans to Caro?

But no issue with SOS/Trigger..
Caro and Jenkins are very close and SOS is upset it’s all bullshit and Jenkins was the first to interview Lethlean

As usual, terrible grammar but some interesting tidbits.

So it wasn't SOS who pushed Trigg out and Jenkins was the first Lethlean, apparently?
The first part is a relief and no surprise. Trigg did a great job in certain sects of the CEO position and speaks far better than almost anyone on our board.
As for Jenkins and Lethlean, watch this space. I know this is the world of the AFL, but is it too soon to be appointing Lethlean after his in-house sex scandal? I'm not saying he's Hird or anything but...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

A stake is only so long.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next