Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

Princes Park Whistler wrote:
Megaman wrote:
We are probably due for a revamped jumper and logo too, logo that builds in Australia and its native animals would be cool..

Either a Quoll, Phascogale or Leadbeaters possum (all endangered) would be the go.

We could be the Carlton Wambengers - finally a proper mascot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just remember, the players already sing their own version of the song - "We'll keep our ends up..."

:? :? :? :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Cant believe Doc hasnt already written a new one to be honest. I am sure grammy awrd winning songwriter and producer is in that stuffed resume of his somewhere.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

Heavs wrote:
Cant believe Doc hasnt already written a new one to be honest. I am sure grammy awrd winning songwriter and producer is in that stuffed resume of his somewhere.

Nah,thats his mate down at the Cherry Bar.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Heavs wrote:

That's probably the secret ulterior motive (tautology?) behind his trip to the USA. He's lining up some writing and performing talent to score and perform the song to which he's written the lyrics.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Our much beloved song was written (The Carlton Version) about 84 years ago...the defence rests.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'd like to see us build some form of interpretive dance into this

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

CK95 wrote:
I'd like to see us build some form of interpretive dance into this

The Chicken dance?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:09 pm 
Bruce Comben

There is nothing wrong with out song, except for the way it is sung by our childish players. Not only do they insist on the moronic "ooohh" or "whoo" at the end of EVERY line, but now even the famous da da da da dar intro is punctuated by "oooh!"s. :confused: I think it shows a total lack of respect and immaturity on the part of our players. Just embarrassing. Even my Hawthown-supporting wife pointed out to me that we have the most famous introduction to any theme song yet our players can't get through it without hooting. Luke Hodge wouldn't have it I reckon. I hate it. Have your fun if you have won a game, through some Gatorade around if you must, throw in one or two hoots if it adds something to the song, but don't behave like dumbass footballer fools and totally disrespect the historic club song and all who have sung it before you. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve s..
you must be one of our players.
hilarious!!!

it would be hard to do much with the song when belting it out, except for the dadada bit.
it is pretty slow..but it's iconic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Warby wrote:
Our much beloved song was written (The Carlton Version) about 84 years ago...the defence rests.

The players nor fans certainly never sang it 84 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:26 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

DocSherrin wrote:
Warby wrote:

The players nor fans certainly never sang it 84 years ago.

So......You're a helluva lot older than even I thought you were.

BTW....have you bothered to notice that not one poster wants to change the song?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Warby wrote:

Not much of a defence. Bit like the old "the Herald Sun is the paper with the largest circulation, therefore it must be quality" line.

Logical fallacy fail.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What....I can't comment on historical fact now? Look it up Warby...

I couldn't care less about the song...just like I couldn't care less about the stupid banner before the game.

Warby take another read of the opening post. Am I advocating changing it? Or are you just trolling here as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

DocSherrin wrote:

I couldn't care less about the song...just like I couldn't care less about the stupid banner before the game.

Warby take another read of the opening post. Am I advocating changing it? Or are you just trolling here as usual.

So; let's see.....you introduced a brand new thread about our much loved Carlton Theme Song....then you said.....

''I couldn't care less about the song'' are your words in that opening preamble...... :confused:

Bearing that in mind; then.....replying to your initial post for the first time is trolling :?: ............. :screwy:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin wrote:
Don't get me wrong...I like the 'Lily of Laguna' tune and the words - but it's not about me nor my demographic anymore. There's no doubting it's a little slow and there's very little edge to it.

The way I sing it, there is plenty of edge to it!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What was that naff song they used to play at Optus Oval before a game?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:00 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bluedog wrote:
DocSherrin wrote:
Don't get me wrong...I like the 'Lily of Laguna' tune and the words - but it's not about me nor my demographic anymore. There's no doubting it's a little slow and there's very little edge to it.

The way I sing it, there is plenty of edge to it!

It's a great song mate.....some people find fault or a need to ''improve'' or ''modernise'' everything.

And they'll argue the point forever because that's the way they are.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
What was that naff song they used to play at Optus Oval before a game?

There were two....''Blue is the Colour'' and ''How Blue are You''.....I've got them both here; and sent them both to the Blueseum some time ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Warby wrote:
DocSherrin wrote:

So; let's see.....you introduced a brand new thread about our much loved Carlton Theme Song....then you said.....

''I couldn't care less about the song'' are your words in that opening preamble...... :confused:

Bearing that in mind; then.....replying to your initial post for the first time is trolling :?: ............. :screwy:

Look I understand you want an argument...that's fine...but it's 8am here at Disney World and I'm about to go downstairs with my daughter to have breakfast and she doesn't know it yet but Elsa and Anna are kinda joining us this morning and she met Merida and Ariel yesterday, so right now all that takes precedence over Carlton's silly little antiquated song.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next