Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 am 
Offline
Bob Chitty

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:43 pm
Posts: 891
keogh wrote:
Here is one you can directly answer rather than give me a bunch of politically correct language
What does Craig Mathieson know about List Management?

Cazzeman and the guy who runs a company of 400 in particular
Your thoughts
And don’t say as much as I do :lol:


https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1788

Keogh Read the above for a snapshot of his expertise.

As you can see he is a Director on the board and is involved with finance and the audit committee.

So given his background and duties as a director, what is the relevance of his knowledge or otherwise of list management?

The fact is it isn't relevant, he isn't employed as the list manager.....

_________________
Cripps is the man


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:28 am 
Offline
Bert Deacon

Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:55 pm
Posts: 543
MLG just give us a flag!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:56 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
On the website it says it’s one of his responsibilities


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:15 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
Walsh wrote:
MLG just give us a flag!!


He wouldn’t have the balls to do it

A harmonious working environment

Tell that to all the sack coaches
List managers
Trigg
Mitchell and Pagan :grin:
SOS and Liddle

And Bondi all clubs do what you said we do

We know why Mathieson is on the board
What was Pratt’ s contribution to all this fiasco
She is Vice President
At least Pence had a reasonable debate :grin:
Enjoy the GF


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:37 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 11195
Location: Melbourne
keogh wrote:
On the website it says it’s one of his responsibilities


I don't know for sure but my guess would be that as Board members, He and Judd are responsible for overseeing the Total Player Payment aspect.

In other words, at Board meetings, those two have to confirm and sign off that Carlton is within the TPP guidelines, as set by the AFL. The buck stops with them after Head of List Management - Nick Austin and Player Acquisition and Total Player Payment Manager Michael Agresta have crunched the numbers.

If the AFL is going to kick heads because the Club overspent, Mathieson and Judd are the heads to kick. Part of the Clubs Governance.

That's my take.

Regards Cazzesman

_________________
Ricky Gervais - “Everyone has the right to hold whatever beliefs they want. And everyone else has the right to find those beliefs f***ing ridiculous.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:00 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 14801
keogh wrote:
Walsh wrote:
MLG just give us a flag!!


He wouldn’t have the balls to do it

A harmonious working environment

Tell that to all the sack coaches
List managers
Trigg
Mitchell and Pagan :grin:
SOS and Liddle

And Bondi all clubs do what you said we do

We know why Mathieson is on the board
What was Pratt’ s contribution to all this fiasco
She is Vice President
At least Pence had a reasonable debate :grin:
Enjoy the GF


I don't understand the fascination with bagging the board members. Whilst we are sitting at home with our families in our nice warm homes, they're attending board meetings, engaging potential financial supporters and giving up heaps of their personal lives. For the financial return of zero. In fact, they're probably shelling out money for the opportunity.

As for harmony, it's an elite competition. If we have coaches, CEO's or other employees who are not performing to their potential or to our expectations, move them on. As a rule, they're well paid and the expectation should be excellence.

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
On the website it says it’s one of his responsibilities


I don't know for sure but my guess would be that as Board members, He and Judd are responsible for overseeing the Total Player Payment aspect.

In other words, at Board meetings, those two have to confirm and sign off that Carlton is within the TPP guidelines, as set by the AFL. The buck stops with them after Head of List Management - Nick Austin and Player Acquisition and Total Player Payment Manager Michael Agresta have crunched the numbers.

If the AFL is going to kick heads because the Club overspent, Mathieson and Judd are the heads to kick. Part of the Clubs Governance.

That's my take.

Regards Cazzesman


And promoting harmony in the workplace as opposed to ignoring a CEO putting his nose where he shouldn’t :smoking:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:00 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Walsh wrote:
MLG just give us a flag!!


He wouldn’t have the balls to do it

A harmonious working environment

Tell that to all the sack coaches
List managers
Trigg
Mitchell and Pagan :grin:
SOS and Liddle

And Bondi all clubs do what you said we do

We know why Mathieson is on the board
What was Pratt’ s contribution to all this fiasco
She is Vice President
At least Pence had a reasonable debate :grin:
Enjoy the GF


I don't understand the fascination with bagging the board members. Whilst we are sitting at home with our families in our nice warm homes, they're attending board meetings, engaging potential financial supporters and giving up heaps of their personal lives. For the financial return of zero. In fact, they're probably shelling out money for the opportunity.

As for harmony, it's an elite competition. If we have coaches, CEO's or other employees who are not performing to their potential or to our expectations, move them on. As a rule, they're well paid and the expectation should be excellence.

Because BV the board is overlooked with every fracas that occurs off the field
First everyone has a crack at Liddle
Secondly everyone has a crack at SOS
With every drama the board remains the constant
Even when their time is up they replace someone cut from the same cloth. Rigged
Their outdated
In it for the wrong reasons
Display weak insipid leadership
You know which ones I’m talking about

But they can’t be moved on
Because of the rules they have created
The fish rots from the head
Just ask the dude poster who employs 400 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:05 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
Here is what I do
Piss off everyone of the them including Jeannie
Keep Patty Kinnersly make her President
Get 7 other women who know what to do in running an AFL club in the 21 st century
We would be a whole lot better
You think I’m joking
Nah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:31 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 2286
keogh wrote:
Here is what I do
Piss off everyone of the them including Jeannie
Keep Patty Kinnersly make her President
Get 7 other women who know what to do in running an AFL club in the 21 st century
We would be a whole lot better
You think I’m joking
Nah


Find some SANFL or WAFL administrators and bring them in cheap.

_________________
@cecil_anderson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 11195
Location: Melbourne
keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
On the website it says it’s one of his responsibilities


I don't know for sure but my guess would be that as Board members, He and Judd are responsible for overseeing the Total Player Payment aspect.

In other words, at Board meetings, those two have to confirm and sign off that Carlton is within the TPP guidelines, as set by the AFL. The buck stops with them after Head of List Management - Nick Austin and Player Acquisition and Total Player Payment Manager Michael Agresta have crunched the numbers.

If the AFL is going to kick heads because the Club overspent, Mathieson and Judd are the heads to kick. Part of the Clubs Governance.

That's my take.

Regards Cazzesman


And promoting harmony in the workplace as opposed to ignoring a CEO putting his nose where he shouldn’t :smoking:


Perhaps SOS was the problem and the CEO did need to remove his influence from others

Perhaps SOS, after being head hunted by The President, though he had more power than he did at the club.

Perhaps SOS came to believe he was the anointed savior, who had all the answers.

Perhaps he butted heads with the CEO and one of them had go for the sake of stability.

SOS v CEO and the CEO won. Such is life. I suspect SOS wasn't use to losing much in his life, so it probably came as a shock to him. Everyone still woke on the following Monday and the world hadn't imploded from what I can see. SOS's replacement, Mick Agresta is a good man. He learnt his craft under Kinnear Beatson who is highly regarded as a smart recruiter.

You can pick and choose to blame who you like along the way Keogh. Any disgruntled supporter can throw enough mud at any club and something will stick. Even the Great Richmond had some big issues mid season. In a company that employ's 200 people you will always find a weak link or problem person. Apparently not every school teacher has been Mother Teresa over the journey.

Regards Cazzesman

_________________
Ricky Gervais - “Everyone has the right to hold whatever beliefs they want. And everyone else has the right to find those beliefs f***ing ridiculous.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
Nice cheap shot Cazz. Couldn’t help yourself. That’s cool.
Things is the blame lies at the top.
Always does in the end. No matter what business.
Richmond dealt with those idiots appropriately. They didn’t hide it from their supporters.
Carlton didn’t handle SOSs exit well at all.

You need the right people at the top.
You are always going to have problems in the workplace. It’s up to the head honchos to act.
The board are weak and insipid.
If you can’t see that this is the major issue your Carlton beanie is stapled to your head


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:27 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 2437
keogh wrote:
Nice cheap shot Cazz. Couldn’t help yourself. That’s cool.
Things is the blame lies at the top.
Always does in the end. No matter what business.
Richmond dealt with those idiots appropriately. They didn’t hide it from their supporters.
Carlton didn’t handle SOSs exit well at all.

You need the right people at the top.
You are always going to have problems in the workplace. It’s up to the head honchos to act.
The board are weak and insipid.
If you can’t see that this is the major issue your Carlton beanie is stapled to your head


Perhaps the people at the top made the right decision on how SOS left (and how he was exited). We’ve only heard from SOS.

Perhaps the club is making the right call on not making comment.

We are dealing with story vs fact. SOS’s ‘story’.

And a ‘story’ that the board is not doing a job.

Without the facts, for every story there is an opposite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:36 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
But it happens too often at Carlton
That’s because our board is weak out dated or in it for personal gain
Look what I hope Austin is a better List Manager than Silvangi
I hope he can find some players with late picks
Rookie picks mid season picks
That we look at the WAFL SANFL VFL more closely
It was all there on show yesterday
At least his track record seems better than Silvangis’
If Liddle or anyone else does things outside their job description their pulled up by the board
More specifically Mathieson, Judd and MLG
And supporters are not kept in the dark about it

The reason I put forward the women board Argument is that in my time in the workplace woman were better leaders than men.
Better communicators
Better personal skills
Better at perceiving things
Etc
Carlton is still a @#$%&! boys club
That is obvious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:18 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 11195
Location: Melbourne
keogh wrote:

You need the right people at the top.
You are always going to have problems in the workplace. It’s up to the head honchos to act.
The board are weak and insipid.
If you can’t see that this is the major issue your Carlton beanie is stapled to your head


You can't have it both ways as much as you would like to. You are adamant SOS was a dud as a list manager.

He is gone now, the CEO moved him on (for whatever reasons). And yet you are still not happy. Now you are pissed with the way the CEO moved him on and the comments he made. FFS make up your mind.

You claim that SOS got the job in the first place because he was mates with the President and a few others. Now the CEO has stood up to the President and moved SOS on despite the friendship and you are still throwing a tantrum about the CEO.

So SOS and the CEO had words about Brandon Ellis....big @#$% deal. Was the CEO probably out of line.........Certainly......IF the story is factual.

The facts of the matter are, that the club is going well financially, with sponsors and membership is at an all time high.

Lets be honest here for a change.......you would know SFA about what goes on at Board level, other than when SOS comes out to wash his Y-Fronts in public.

You see that Mathieson is listed with the words 'List Management' and you jump at shadows. I provide an explanation about why that probably is the case and yet you blew right by it because it didn't suit your argument.

Just stick to telling us all about the brilliant WA players who have been overlooked in the WAFL 2nds and give the rest a break. You are starting to make Synbad look like a wallflower.

Regards Cazzesman

_________________
Ricky Gervais - “Everyone has the right to hold whatever beliefs they want. And everyone else has the right to find those beliefs f***ing ridiculous.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:08 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4752
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:

You need the right people at the top.
You are always going to have problems in the workplace. It’s up to the head honchos to act.
The board are weak and insipid.
If you can’t see that this is the major issue your Carlton beanie is stapled to your head


You can't have it both ways as much as you would like to. You are adamant SOS was a dud as a list manager.

He is gone now, the CEO moved him on (for whatever reasons). And yet you are still not happy. Now you are pissed with the way the CEO moved him on and the comments he made. FFS make up your mind.

You claim that SOS got the job in the first place because he was mates with the President and a few others. Now the CEO has stood up to the President and moved SOS on despite the friendship and you are still throwing a tantrum about the CEO.

So SOS and the CEO had words about Brandon Ellis....big @#$% deal. Was the CEO probably out of line.........Certainly......IF the story is factual.

The facts of the matter are, that the club is going well financially, with sponsors and membership is at an all time high.

Lets be honest here for a change.......you would know SFA about what goes on at Board level, other than when SOS comes out to wash his Y-Fronts in public.

You see that Mathieson is listed with the words 'List Management' and you jump at shadows. I provide an explanation about why that probably is the case and yet you blew right by it because it didn't suit your argument.

Just stick to telling us all about the brilliant WA players who have been overlooked in the WAFL 2nds and give the rest a break. You are starting to make Synbad look like a wallflower.

Regards Cazzesman


You simply don’t get or ignore what my main message is
So I will say it again
The fish rots from the head

There is a thing called inference you know

Let’s assume for a minute that what SOS said on radio is true.
Clearly Liddle wanted SOS out because he thinks he is shit at List Manager
Whilst this going on the board does nothing

Liddle is a guy clearly that doesn’t like to stay in one workplace. He has goals to achieve then he moves on.
I bet he rocked up to Carlton and said to himself
“ @#$%&! me dead”
Look what I have walked into
He treads on SOSs toes deliberately
Liddle knew SOS would crack the shits if the bear was poked enough and leave.
And he knows the board will do nothing other than side with the winning team
Cazzeman Im rapt he is gone

Watson asked him about the McGovern trade
SOS said the plan was to have MCGovern as a third option after Curnow and McKay up forward
You don’t pay$700000 a year over five years for that.
You know it
He deflected his shit trade by saying the MC shouldn’t of played him as much because he wasn’t fit

What a @#$%&! joke mate

And he was handed the job on a platter
By the @#$%&! board

Who is more impressive
MLG
Or Peggy
We know the answer to that one unless your a complete idiot
Your not dumb but your veins are too blue

SOSs legacy will live on for a while good or bad
I honestly can’t see other than Walsh any of the mids he recruited to be much chop and stand up to Finals pressure
Hardly any decent pickups with the latter picks
And a smorgasbord of duds
Fasolo
O’Shea
Mullet
Moore
Gorringe
Etc
Etc
But he’s chosen because he is sorry was the chosen one until he went bang on Wednesday

The board appointed him
I assume that Judd and Mathieson thought it was ok to approve
to give Betts and Murphy one year deals
Plowman and Cuningham 3
Philp 3 years now
Your @#$%&! joking

The board is a joke


I tell you what
I’ll have a rest from this site and give you all a break
One year
Maybe two
That’s a promise


But I will be back and be the first to admit I was wrong if we really come on

So have a lovely time with the rest of your we are ok what the @#$%&! would you know mates

Chow for now :smile:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:32 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21940
I miss keogh.

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:50 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 2437
keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:

You need the right people at the top.
You are always going to have problems in the workplace. It’s up to the head honchos to act.
The board are weak and insipid.
If you can’t see that this is the major issue your Carlton beanie is stapled to your head


You can't have it both ways as much as you would like to. You are adamant SOS was a dud as a list manager.

He is gone now, the CEO moved him on (for whatever reasons). And yet you are still not happy. Now you are pissed with the way the CEO moved him on and the comments he made. FFS make up your mind.

You claim that SOS got the job in the first place because he was mates with the President and a few others. Now the CEO has stood up to the President and moved SOS on despite the friendship and you are still throwing a tantrum about the CEO.

So SOS and the CEO had words about Brandon Ellis....big @#$% deal. Was the CEO probably out of line.........Certainly......IF the story is factual.

The facts of the matter are, that the club is going well financially, with sponsors and membership is at an all time high.

Lets be honest here for a change.......you would know SFA about what goes on at Board level, other than when SOS comes out to wash his Y-Fronts in public.

You see that Mathieson is listed with the words 'List Management' and you jump at shadows. I provide an explanation about why that probably is the case and yet you blew right by it because it didn't suit your argument.

Just stick to telling us all about the brilliant WA players who have been overlooked in the WAFL 2nds and give the rest a break. You are starting to make Synbad look like a wallflower.

Regards Cazzesman


You simply don’t get or ignore what my main message is
So I will say it again
The fish rots from the head

There is a thing called inference you know

Let’s assume for a minute that what SOS said on radio is true.
Clearly Liddle wanted SOS out because he thinks he is shit at List Manager
Whilst this going on the board does nothing

Liddle is a guy clearly that doesn’t like to stay in one workplace. He has goals to achieve then he moves on.
I bet he rocked up to Carlton and said to himself
“ @#$%&! me dead”
Look what I have walked into
He treads on SOSs toes deliberately
Liddle knew SOS would crack the shits if the bear was poked enough and leave.
And he knows the board will do nothing other than side with the winning team
Cazzeman Im rapt he is gone

Watson asked him about the McGovern trade
SOS said the plan was to have MCGovern as a third option after Curnow and McKay up forward
You don’t pay$700000 a year over five years for that.
You know it
He deflected his shit trade by saying the MC shouldn’t of played him as much because he wasn’t fit

What a @#$%&! joke mate

And he was handed the job on a platter
By the @#$%&! board

Who is more impressive
MLG
Or Peggy
We know the answer to that one unless your a complete idiot
Your not dumb but your veins are too blue

SOSs legacy will live on for a while good or bad
I honestly can’t see other than Walsh any of the mids he recruited to be much chop and stand up to Finals pressure
Hardly any decent pickups with the latter picks
And a smorgasbord of duds
Fasolo
O’Shea
Mullet
Moore
Gorringe
Etc
Etc
But he’s chosen because he is sorry was the chosen one until he went bang on Wednesday

The board appointed him
I assume that Judd and Mathieson thought it was ok to approve
to give Betts and Murphy one year deals
Plowman and Cuningham 3
Philp 3 years now
Your @#$%&! joking

The board is a joke


I tell you what
I’ll have a rest from this site and give you all a break
One year
Maybe two
That’s a promise


But I will be back and be the first to admit I was wrong if we really come on

So have a lovely time with the rest of your we are ok what the @#$%&! would you know mates

Chow for now :smile:


Shame you’ve gone Keogh. Hope you are alright.

You have a belief what SOS said was true. Fair enough. Perhaps it wasn’t true.

You have a belief Liddle doesn’t stay in a job for long. Prior to joining us he was 7 years at Richmond.

You have a belief the fish rota from the head and board aren’t doing a good job.

Reads like you’re working yourself up over something without a complete picture of the facts.

Take care during your break. Getting caught up in the drama of it all can be a burden


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:49 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 14801
dane wrote:
I miss keogh.


Has he gone?

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:18 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:53 am
Posts: 13379
Location: Left Cuckistan
Blue Vain wrote:
dane wrote:
I miss keogh.


Has he gone?


It was at line 534 in his latest post.

_________________
Something something Peter Walsh???


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group