Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

A friend of mine is at the AGM and I just got a txt from him.
Says they are questioning the constitution and the validity of the whole club.
Every year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/car ... 543w0.html

Quote:
All three Carlton directors who faced a challenge for their positions on the club's board have been re-appointed by members, including former captain Chris Judd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 am 
Geoff Southby

jezzarules wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-board-challengers-fail-as-judd-re-elected-20200224-p543w0.html

Quote:
All three Carlton directors who faced a challenge for their positions on the club's board have been re-appointed by members, including former captain Chris Judd.

How surprising.
Hopefully the way directors are elected will change in the future
It needs to be more governed by the members not by a few clicky like minded individuals.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-board-challengers-fail-as-judd-re-elected-20200224-p543w0.html

Quote:

How surprising.
It needs to be more governed by the members not by a few clicky like minded individuals.

Khatib getting votes from 24% of the voting members doesn’t fill me with confidence about the merits of member voting. He doesn’t appear to have a platform or a skillset that would suit a board position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

cecil89 wrote:
keogh wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

Quote:

How surprising.

Khatib getting votes from 24% of the voting members doesn’t fill me with confidence about the merits of member voting. He doesn’t appear to have a platform or a skillset that would suit a board position.

Bit snobbish there Cec................the former radio announcer is going ok at the arch enemy.And the fruiterer did a mighty job at the Cats.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
keogh wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

Quote:

How surprising.

Bit snobbish there Cec................the former radio announcer is going ok at the arch enemy.And the fruiterer did a mighty job at the Cats.

I don’t mean to demean the guy. He could well be very successful in what he does, and I’m not implying I’m any better than him, but his credentials don’t stack up alongside the others.
As for Ed & Frank, I think their CV’s were more impressive when they entered their roles than Khatib’s appears to be now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

MLG spoke with SEN on Wednesday. He's tough listening, but he's our pres.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/8019 ... 8495726001

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camel wrote:

He really is tough to find inspiration, but the bullet points speak for themselves

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
camel wrote:

He really is tough to find inspiration, but the bullet points speak for themselves

Yeah,listened to Marco myself and i gotta agree,he's hard labour.Real laborious............thing is,he is doing his job well.Above all,he is a hard worker who puts in the hard yards.Nothing is below him.He will sweep the change rooms if need be.I like the bloke.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

He’s really good in person. Never forgets a name, even if you hadn’t seen him for years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:39 pm 
formerly King Kenny

verbs wrote:
He’s really good in person. Never forgets a name, even if you hadn’t seen him for years.

Never forgetting a name is an underrated skill.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
Dear Liam,

The year to date has seen unprecedented circumstances that have challenged our community in many different ways. It is important to acknowledge that whilst so many have endured immeasurable hardship, our members have shown incredible support and commitment to our club.

After an extraordinary AFL home and away season, I am writing to you to provide a brief summary of our key targets within our strategic plan which remain a focus to ensure the survival and strengthening of the Club’s position moving forward.

These key areas of focus are;

1. Membership
We will continue to prioritise our members with open communication and will keep you informed via direct communication and our social media platforms over the coming months.

2. Financial independence
In my email to you in April, I informed you that we nominated to be an “assisted AFL Club” in light of the uncertainty from the COVID pandemic. I am pleased to advise that to date, we have not needed to rely on this AFL financial support through this period and it is our intention to not be reliant on this support going forward.

3. Strengthening of our non-traditional revenue streams
Our investment in Carlton IN Business and Carlton College of Sport has created strong revenue streams that will strengthen our financial position.

4. Continued debt reduction strategy
As both our membership and non-traditional revenue streams continue to grow, we remain committed to eliminate our historical debt by 2023.

5. Proceeding with the Master Plan
The planning process continues for the largest, fully-funded infrastructure project for Ikon Park, with the objective to provide elite training facilities for our athletes, and for Ikon Park to remain the home of AFLW and the Carlton Football Club.

6. Investment in the Football Department
We will continue to invest in all aspects of our football departments and programs to provide our players, coaches and staff every opportunity to succeed and win premierships.

7. Eligibility to vote
One of the important matters that came from last year’s annual general meeting was “Who is eligible to vote under the current Constitution?”. After taking legal advice, under the current Constitution those who are eligible to vote in 2020 are only members who hold a Carlton Football Club membership that includes access to all Carlton AFL home games (purchased prior to the 1st October) and all country and interstate members. All eligible voting members must be over the age of 18.

8. A Review of the Club Constitution
As promised at the AGM last year, we are reviewing the Club’s Constitution by engaging independent legal advice and consulting with stakeholders to modernise and implement changes to progress the growth and values of the Club as a stable and inclusive community. Once the review of the Constitution has been complete, we will provide members the proposed changes to the Constitution for their consideration.

It will be through strong management, led by Cain Liddle and his executive team, and the expertise of our skills-based Board that will drive the required actions to deliver the desired outcomes of these key focus areas.

We are currently awaiting further advice from the AFL in relation to the details of what will influence the 2021 season. We will provide further communication to you as soon as the information becomes available.

Thank you for your commitment and support as a member, our club is well placed to emerge from 2020 in a strong off-field position so as to provide the support needed to continue our on-field growth and performance into 2021.

Take care and stay safe,
Alternate text
Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017

Bump. :beer:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 pm 
Horrie Clover

I'm surprised that he and the club actually believe they communicate well with Members.

The last 3 weeks of the season the club went silent with regards to the reserves matches and updates on players performances.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

All in all the board has done a great job with getting the club financially stable and more importantly independent of the AFL's handouts.
I feel from a football department point, we are still lacking in crucial area's.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:30 am 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
All in all the board has done a great job with getting the club financially stable and more importantly independent of the AFL's handouts.
I feel from a football department point, we are still lacking in crucial area's.

And that should be and will always be an evolving area of the club.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:12 am 
Geoff Southby

Whatever you think of SOS now Wednesday’s interview further highlights how [REDACTED] the board is
I reckon Bec would be a better fit than her pissweak husband
MLG how long has he got
SOS shouldn’t be airing his dirty laundry in public but it wouldn’t happen if the board was a bunch of good operators.
Instead what we have a bunch of hopeless inadequate wankers coupled with some no hopers who are only there because their families have a shit load of money

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:20 am 
Ken Hunter

I’m thinking you might need to adjust your meds Keogh. Maybe 50mg to 100mg for a few weeks and it might just take the edge off.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sometimes I come onto this site and think there is a parallel universe that I don't know.
Fancy blaming the board for a disgruntled employee airing his dirty laundry.
This stuff never happens in the real world.
Rudd speaks highly of Gillard.
Turnball and Abbott just think everything is peachy.

We should blow the whole parliament up as this is a reflection of them.

Shit happens, people get hired people get fired. There are disagreements in high profile system some of this gets aired .
Big deal .
To say that this is all a result of the board and directors is just stupid.
Some of you are sounding like Caroline Wilson looking for a headline and searching for disharmony.
She is not happy unless there isn't some unrest there.
And as per usual the sheep follow the media and start looking for something they can blow out of proportion

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 am 
Geoff Southby

Too many chiefs. Not enough Indians.
Problem is some of the chiefs are weak as piss
How did SOS get the job
MLG was a mate and Silvangi is a legend.
Judd is so pissweak when he is faced with the difficulty of being in the middle man. That is @#$%&! obvious. What did he do when Casboult was chained to the boat :wink:
I was an Indian in my time in the workplace
New my limitations
Problem was others didn’t
They got jobs because they were smooth talkers
Just because you could play footy well doesn’t qualify you for a job
Or if you have a shit load of money

Because eventually it bites you on the arse as it did Wednesday
It could have been avoided if the board didn’t appoint him in the first place
A bit of perception goes a long way
Another embarrassing moment
The fish rots from the head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:29 am 
Wayne Johnston

I know Keogh’s all over the place and easy to dismiss 95% of his ramblings, but I agree with him that our board is very sub par. I don’t think anyone here could defend their performance over the last 18 years in any way.

We could replace the entire board tomorrow and the club would be no worse off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 174  Next