Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Like all good presidents, its identifying the people you want with the traits you want and then letting them do their thing. Nothing but praise at the moment but we are only at the starting line. The real test is the results. Only with a win in round 1 will I be seeing passed the last 20 years. GO Blues!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Have to start building that bronze of Sayers, if we want it at Princes Park when we win the next flag.

Those bronzes take a couple years to make. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

For all those people who were calling us a rabble, especially in comparison to the gold standard process the Pies went through, how are we looking now?
In the past month:

New President
New Board Members
New Coach
New CEO
Assistants cleared out (although not yet in place).

We are now aligned and on our way.
Meanwhile, Collingwood have not settled on their President and their Board is a shambles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:48 pm 
formerly Fevola

17th Premiership wrote:
For all those people who were calling us a rabble, especially in comparison to the gold standard process the Pies went through, how are we looking now?
In the past month:

New President
New Board Members
New Coach
New CEO

Meanwhile, Collingwood have not settled on their President and their Board is a shambles.

Yep but the media wont be acknowledging this. :banghead: :garthp:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
Like all good presidents, its identifying the people you want with the traits you want and then letting them do their thing. Nothing but praise at the moment but we are only at the starting line. The real test is the results. Only with a win in round 1 will I be seeing passed the last 20 years. GO Blues!

The silent assassin sayers proof In pudding will be consistently winning.next year , that’s how we can judge his success

But he is off to great start to help him and club achieve this sustained success

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:26 pm 
Bob Chitty

17th Premiership wrote:
In the past month:

New President
New Board Members
New Coach
New CEO

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

I’ve been confident about Luke Sayers all along, I’m certain he deliver the positive results we all crave for m incrementally, humans are complicated to mange , but with Luke’s direct , competent management and passion for CFC, I’d say we’re in very good hands let’s just be patient.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

He seems to have a lot of contacts - He seems to get things done
He doesn't shy away from making tough decisions

My only question he has been on the board for 9 years did he not have any influence at all
Where were these tough calls throughout the last nine years

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the board meeting over the years

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
He seems to have a lot of contacts - He seems to get things done
He doesn't shy away from making tough decisions

My only question he has been on the board for 9 years did he not have any influence at all
Where were these tough calls throughout the last nine years

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the board meeting over the years

You can have all the ideas in the world but have absolutely no power or influence. He’s got his chance now and he’s most certainly running with it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:22 am 
Craig Bradley

Sydney generally on boards the direction strength and leadership really comes from the Chair he or she sets the tone and agenda
Boards change fundamentally in my view when the Chair changes
This can be the case even if the new chair has previously been a board member who now has the imprimatur to make changes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:24 am 
Craig Bradley

How stupid does the media narrative now look no one wants to coach Carlton sacked everyone

New CEO new coach up to 10 candidates wanting to coach Carlton
Cerra and Hewett coming
Cerra nominating Carlton
Doesn’t look like a shambles to me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:25 am 
Rod Ashman

frank dardew wrote:
Sydney generally on boards the direction strength and leadership really comes from the Chair he or she sets the tone and agenda
Boards change fundamentally in my view when the Chair changes
This can be the case even if the new chair has previously been a board member who now has the imprimatur to make changes

That's how they work. The members are purely there for their area of expertise ( and in footy club terms their contacts) and for agreeing with the president.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:34 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

You do realise that I sit on a board meeting every month.
I can assure you that the direction our company is taking is driven by the CEO and myself not from the directors. And particularly not the Chair.
We have one new director who is very good and has significant experience and has loads of input

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am 
Wayne Johnston

Like any organisation it’s about strength of personality, the strongest will end up dominating regardless if their supposed role.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:43 am 
Ken Hunter

it depends on the make up of the board, once the make up is right, things change.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:16 am 
Wayne Johnston

dannyboy wrote:
it depends on the make up of the board, once the make up is right, things change.

Thanks db, that’s what I meant but you put it much more eloquently…..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Like any organisation it’s about strength of personality, the strongest will end up dominating regardless if their supposed role.

I've seen this before.

Awful (embarrassing) to watch 2 head strong egos on a Board with a point to prove when the ideal is to work in collaboratively and cohesively with the same goals.

A strong Chair is important in those situations.

I was with a company where the American born Chairman, encouraged divisiveness, and liked to see Directors argue for their piece of the pie.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:41 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

I've seen this before.

Awful (embarrassing) to watch 2 head strong egos on a Board with a point to prove when the ideal is to work in collaboratively and cohesively with the same goals.

I was with a company where the American born Chairman, encouraged divisiveness, and liked to see Directors argue for their piece of the pie.

I’ve worked for an American MNC for 29 of my last 31 years and that is exactly how the company culture works.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

I've seen this before.

I’ve worked for an American MNC for 29 of my last 31 years and that is exactly how the company culture works.

Amazing isn't it.

The chairman I worked under encouraged different Divisions targeting the same segment, which led to 2 sales people from the same company pitching for the same business. Let the hungriest, or, most aggressive win. Created a lot of unnecessary conflict and divisiveness boom boom.

Good to see Sayers Cook and Voss are encouraged wo work with a shared culture with connection.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1021786/shared-culture-creating-connection-cook-previews-what-s-to-come

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl ... y0r#p52y0r

Say what you like about the review whether it was right or wrong to do a cleanout. Here is one ex-player Gibbons who says that it destabilised the playing group.

Quote:
Gibbons did reveal the constant speculation around the club’s preview hurt morale and focus at the Blues labelling it “incredibly stressful”.

“It creates, I wouldn’t say toxic (environment), but it’s pretty unspoken,” Gibbons said.

“When you sit down and have a chat to blokes towards the latter end of the year, it was getting to everyone.

“No fault of the media, but it was in the media every day and it becomes a bit of a cycle.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 174  Next