Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

So Board members don't get voted on anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kezza wrote:

I am sure there was a vote by someone at some stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

Bloody hell...where were you guys five years ago! No - club members no longer get a vote. And Marcus Clarke was the last remaining board member who was voted onto the board by club members. This is LoGiudice's board. Courtesy of the Independent Nominations Committee (of which he also presides).

He's also put himself on the selection committee to select Brad Scott the new coach. He controls the club - and if I know anything about MLG, he will take credit for the success and none of the blame for the failures. I'm sure that doesn't go over particularly well with the CEO (who much of the off-field success is due).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

DocSherrin III wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

Bloody hell...where were you guys five years ago! No - club members no longer get a vote. And Marcus Clarke was the last remaining board member who was voted onto the board by club members. This is LoGiudice's board. Courtesy of the Independent Nominations Committee (of which he also presides).

He's also put himself on the selection committee to select Brad Scott the new coach. He controls the club - and if I know anything about MLG, he will take credit for the success and none of the blame for the failures. I'm sure that doesn't go over particularly well with the CEO (who much of the off-field success is due).

Guess who is best friends with MLG?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Interesting to see how long Chris Judd lasts on the Board, if he starts to voice some dissatisfaction at Board Level about our List Management.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

The Kim Jongs over at Big Footy don’t agree with you.

:lol:

Some gems include:

Quote:
I don’t trust members to know what makes a good board Member

Quote:
Not sure a public popularity vote provides a functional board

Hilarious :lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin III wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

How can someone just change the rules?
Are we living in communist China?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

It went to a members vote at the end of 2014. Members voted for the changes. The vote wasn't close. I did try!

However...my feelings have changed somewhat. Yes I think the Pres has too much power, but the board members are largely irrelevant. A good CEO is key and I think he's going ok.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin III wrote:
It went to a members vote at the end of 2014. Members voted for the changes. The vote wasn't close. I did try!

However...my feelings have changed somewhat. Yes I think the Pres has too much power, but the board members are largely irrelevant. A good CEO is key and I think he's going ok.

Cheers, don't remember it happening.
I probably should have been paying more attention at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:

I think we were too busy laughing at the guy who always stood up at the AGM asking for a room to be set up at Princes Park where Social Club Members can get together and have a drink.

Which in retrospect is not a bad idea.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:33 pm 
formerly King Kenny

DocSherrin III wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

Doc is back with the nuggets. What if Teague does well?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:03 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

Some gems include:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually I can see some merit in that argument.

You could also philosophise that members get the board they deserve....

At any rate Chris seems like a solid addition and well suited to managing government and infrastructure projects. Good to see some board renewal too

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

It's true the apathy of the members has put an end to voting. Sad.

The only way now to hold them to account is to withdraw financial support.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:16 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Considering we are developing the ground he is a great choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluey44 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:

Some gems include:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually I can see some merit in that argument.

You could also philosophise that members get the board they deserve....

At any rate Chris seems like a solid addition and well suited to managing government and infrastructure projects. Good to see some board renewal too

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

I think we were too busy laughing at the guy who always stood up at the AGM asking for a room to be set up at Princes Park where Social Club Members can get together and have a drink.

I'd go there to have a drink. Speak with the Brethren. Have a laugh. Not have a cry. Rinse. Repeat.

Especially now where it looks like MLG pulled the best move of his tenure... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

I'd go there to have a drink. Speak with the Brethren. Have a laugh. Not have a cry. Rinse. Repeat.

Especially now where it looks like MLG pulled the best move of his tenure... :wink:

I mean getting us one step closer to the 17th flag.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

??

Are we going to win the 17th in the courts? America's Cup style?

Or are you talking about something else.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hopefully his expertise brings Smorgyland back on the agenda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

23rd.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 174  Next