Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluey44 wrote:
Does that mean Bruce is going to try to hold the club to ransom now?

Sack Voss or lose ya pokies
??

Sack Voss and get who?
That boat has sailed.

Lyons team looked like crap and lost to hawks.
Won 3 of their last 7, and were lucky to beat Carlton (and we played crap and, surprise, we missed easy shots and should ve won), and Giants and beat a depleted North by only 30 points.

What's so amazing about Lyon?
What's so amazing about?
What about Stocker? did he look better than when at Carlton? Look like a first rounder? :lol:
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:53 am 
John Nicholls

FML, Sayers off to Italy... for a holiday...?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/saye ... 5dbv2.html

If this is pure recreation, we are COOKED as a club.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:54 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Unless you're saying our list is as bad the aints, you argument falls over very quickly.
I believe (and I think you do too) that our list is better than what is has shown and certainly better then the aints list.
The aints aren't the benchmark for us. If they are, we can't hand those keys back in quick enough.

For the record, I am not in the sack Voss camp though at same time I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we did.
Much rather we get him assistants that can actually help him. Some of our senior players need to be told in no uncertain terms, that this is a team sport and if they aren't willing to make sacrifices to make the team and their teammates better, they have no place at our club.
Damien and Richmond turned it around not only because he was willing to embrace change, but his senior players were too. They understood that individual brilliance could only take them so far. For example, Jack Riewoldt understood he could have a greater influence on the outcome of games if he brought his teammates into the game more. It wasn't about him kicking 5+. Some of our places need to change their mindset to that way of thinking.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
Unless you're saying our list is as bad the aints, you argument falls over very quickly.
I believe (and I think you do too) that our list is better than what is has shown and certainly better then the aints list.
The aints aren't the benchmark for us. If they are, we can't hand those keys back in quick enough.

For the record, I am not in the sack Voss camp though at same time I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we did.
Much rather we get him assistants that can actually help him. Some of our senior players need to be told in no uncertain terms, that this is a team sport and if they aren't willing to make sacrifices to make the team and their teammates better, they have no place at our club.
Damien and Richmond turned it around not only because he was willing to embrace change, but his senior players were too. They understood that individual brilliance could only take them so far. For example, Jack Riewoldt understood he could have a greater influence on the outcome of games if he brought his teammates into the game more. It wasn't about him kicking 5+. Some of our places need to change their mindset to that way of thinking.

No, I didnt say anything of the sort.

I'm looking at and discussing Mathiesons Messiah Lyon and what his team to do. They are losing games too.

I know that Vossy is a great leader and man manger. Harry has said that Vossy is such a great motivator you want to run through brick walls for him.

Nah, Vossy isnt the problem. he's not the one missing handballs, kicks and shots at goal. Nothing to do with the game plan.
If players want to execute their kicking and handball well, they can, if they are proud enough to do so.

As for list. Yes we have more first round inside mids than we can poke a stick at. So many that we give the peripheral ones like SPS Stocker and setters for nothing. Where's the outside run to help with clearances to give us run? Hello SOS? Cerra traded in for a first rounder. Walsh is a No 1 pick. Saad traded in for a first rounder. The list lacks a few things. I dont give a rats about Saints list because I cant change it.

I agree we need to play team footy and hurt the opposition like they go out to hurt us in this game of attrition. Its a brutal game, and we need bruted playing. Our midgets in the forwardline dont have any hurt factor because they are young and developing, and arent ready yet for the big time, and may never be.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:04 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
What's going to be interesting is the timing of everything. I still think that Voss sees out his contract and coaches Carlton in 2024. I think there'll be a couple of changes at assistant coach level and the finals or bust won't come until next season. Cook will have Mark Thompson circa 2006 in his mind when he talks to the board.

Speaking of Cook, his contract is also up at seasons end 2024. He already stuffed up one executive appointment in Braith Cox, so I'm not convinved the board trusts him to find a successor. He's also linked to the fortunes of Luke Sayers. If Sayers should depart for something related outside of football, Cook would likely follow. Cannot see him working with another President.

So I might be wrong - but I think we'll have status quo into 2024 where Coach, CEO and President are concerned. And I think that's the right move. Voss's fortunes will be different this time next year. Cook will likely move on regardless and the President will likely remain President even with external voices syaing otherwise.

What was the last appointment the club got right? Certainly hasn’t been the coaches, the skippers haven’t been great, the presidents have been troubled (probably as a result of other things being poor)…even the fitness guru looks ordinary.

I do t think Voss can coach and I think Brad Lloyd is out of chances too. Not sure where to next

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:05 am 
Bruce Doull

rhino27 wrote:
Much rather we get him assistants that can actually help him.

My thoughts too.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:12 am 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

My thoughts too.

The question is does he listen and take feedback. You could have the best assistants in the game but if he’s too pigheaded to listen they are worthless

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:17 am 
Harry Vallence

Bluey44 wrote:
Does that mean Bruce is going to try to hold the club to ransom now?

Sack Voss or lose ya pokies
??

Pokies any day of the week.

Disgusting how we promote "Love the game not the odds" on social media, yet we turn a blind eye to the pokies because of the profits.

Just get rid of them once and for all ffs!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DesEnglish wrote:
CK95 wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

My thoughts too.

The question is does he listen and take feedback. You could have the best assistants in the game but if he’s too pigheaded to listen they are worthless

That's a good point. I made my comment and assume CK did too on the assumption that he is willing to take on feedback and accept he needs not so much more help, but the right type of help. I reckon he is but who knows.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:18 am 
Bruce Doull

Hi CK95,

I am writing to inform you that today the Carlton Football Club has accepted the resignation of Director Craig Mathieson.

Craig’s position as a Director would have become vacant at the end of 2024 due to him reaching his maximum term under the constitution.

His decision to resign means that the Club will now take counsel from its Independent Nominations Committee, to commence a thorough process for a Director replacement, based on the needs analysis of Board requirements and relevant skill sets.

Craig served on the Carlton Board since 2012 and we thank him for his extensive contribution to the football club throughout those 11 years of service.

I also would like to take this time to reinforce what I stated last week.

We will judge our 2023 season at the end of the year, in its totality.

Football clubs are defined by their moments of adversity and I can guarantee we will handle ours with a level-headed professionalism that Carlton people should expect.

Take care of yourselves and each other this week Bluebaggers.

I can’t wait to be with you at the ‘G on Friday night,

Luke Sayers
President

Member ID: 2908822

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

EXCLUSIVE

Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

Craig Mathieson had heated discussions with Carlton president Luke Sayers in the rooms in Sydney post game.

It was a verbal altercation.

President Luke Sayers considered it below professional standards of what is expected, which has led to Mathieson departing.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:23 am 
Bruce Doull

More fight in the boardroom than on the field.....

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

rhino27 wrote:

No. I think our list is built for the wrong game plan. My concern coming into the season was that "bulls at the stoppage and two Coleman forwards" was the answer and that clearly doesn't work.

rhino27 wrote:
For example, Jack Riewoldt understood he could have a greater influence on the outcome of games if he brought his teammates into the game more. It wasn't about him kicking 5+. Some of our players need to change their mindset to that way of thinking.

Sure. But think about your time playing sport. That's as much player driven as it is coaches. The leadership group should drive a team first mentality. Video reviews should also highlight that. It's almost as if you need to throw away the playbook now. In footy, you either have the ball or you don't. I'm actually a bit more worried how we look when we don't have it. There doesn't seem to be a plan around this.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:

Luke Sayers
President

Does he mean Stadio Olimpico, the Colloseum or the MCG?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:48 am 
John Nicholls

DocSherrin III wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Luke Sayers
President

Does he mean Stadio Olimpico, the Colloseum or the MCG?

Maybe he's scouting for some untapped talent... aerobic beasts for two way run...

Derek Gee has some serious upside :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:51 am 
Bruce Doull

I thought he meant the Geebung in hawthorn :grin:

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:53 am 
John Nicholls

CK95 wrote:
I thought he meant the Geebung in hawthorn :grin:

Gee that's a flashback :lol: It's The Auburn Hotel now.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:56 am 
Bruce Doull

Ah yep I should know that, go there occasionally :grin:

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
FML, Sayers off to Italy... for a holiday...?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/saye ... 5dbv2.html

If this is pure recreation, we are COOKED as a club.

He's probably hiding from the government after the PWC thing.
Mokbel style.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:12 am 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 174  Next