Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
The only decent part about MLG's low media profile is that is giving Gerard Whateley the shits. :lol:

I agree with Rexy's comment above, too, that MLG is best placed to do his media work in print media. Obviously MLG is not a great public speaker, but I do think it is important that he's out there selling the club to its members.
800 press employed to cover AFL.
The entire football public wants to here from in
And he chooses to speak to Robbo.

Speaks volumes of the man

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wow...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

Whether Robbo is worthy of the position or not (& clearly he’s not) - the president chose to speak to the head footy writer of the Herald Sun & no matter what we think about the quality of the publication, it was the option that would most likely reach the largest audience

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

emtwenty wrote:
Whether Robbo is worthy of the position or not (& clearly he’s not) - the president chose to speak to the head footy writer of the Herald Sun & no matter what we think about the quality of the publication, it was the option that would most likely reach the largest audience

Yep. MLG through The Hun and Juddy through The Age and Ch9. Covers it pretty well. SEN and Foxfooty can pick up their scraps.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blueboy74 wrote:
Braithy wrote:
jesus sheedy at 45% huh? wowee. that was his final year coaching, yeah? and worsfold is a stretch. coaching a drugged reduced team under penalties.

everyone else on that list proves my point. coaches with that 60% on the table are not the kinds you want running your club.

Not saying they are good, bad or indifferent just that they survived another year after finishing with those %'s, which was your original point.

yeah mate, a year too long. they should have been snuffed out earlier. save everyone the pain of another year of shit. meanwhile we sign our guy up for 2 more years of shit.

Has any coach, coached a team to a 60 percent wooden spoon, and ever won a premiership with that same club? won a premiership, full stop?

we already know no coach who has never played AFL has won a flag.

seems like the odds for bolton being any kind of a success are dwindling by the day this season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
Blueboy74 wrote:
Braithy wrote:
jesus sheedy at 45% huh? wowee. that was his final year coaching, yeah? and worsfold is a stretch. coaching a drugged reduced team under penalties.

everyone else on that list proves my point. coaches with that 60% on the table are not the kinds you want running your club.

Not saying they are good, bad or indifferent just that they survived another year after finishing with those %'s, which was your original point.

yeah mate, a year too long. they should have been snuffed out earlier. save everyone the pain of another year of shit. meanwhile we sign our guy up for 2 more years of shit.

Has any coach, coached a team to a 60 percent wooden spoon, and ever won a premiership with that same club? won a premiership, full stop?

seems like the odds for bolton being any kind of a success are dwindling by the day this season.

I'm not sure weather Bolton will go on to become a successful coach or not, but I think that's a little unfair given the list he's been handed. 42 list changes in the last three years, not sure many coaches would do well in the 3rd year of coaching after going through that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Braithy wrote:
Blueboy74 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

And how many non AFL playing coaches have there been?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

muzza wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blueboy74 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Exactly. There have been plenty of examples of successful coaches/managers from other sports that hadn't played at the highest level.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Boys wrote:
muzza wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blueboy74 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Exactly. There have been plenty of examples of successful coaches/managers from other sports that hadn't played at the highest level.

Yeah, but I bet every single one of them is taller than Bolton?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Braithy wrote:
Blueboy74 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

we already know no coach who has never played AFL has won a flag.... .

Yeah, but how long has the AFL been going? What about before, in the vfl?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

no non vfl player has won a flag as coach to my knowledge?

mind, that only goes back to 80's.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:56 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Braithy wrote:

Jack Worrall - never played VFL, won 5 premierships as a coach - 3 with Carlton, 2 with Essendon*. History isn't your thing either.

So....
Footy...... X
Logic...... X
History... X

Maybe try cooking.. or macrame. Or just chill out, enjoy the ride, and stop trying to make points in areas you don't know much about.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Jack Worrall - never played VFL, won 5 premierships as a coach - 3 with Carlton, 2 with Essendon**. History isn't your thing either.

So....
Footy...... X
Logic...... X
History... X

Maybe try cooking.. or macrame. Or just chill out, enjoy the ride, and stop trying to make points in areas you don't know much about.

Jack Worrel played for Fitzroy as a rover and captianed them to a flag in the VFA before the formation of the VFL

Bending the truth a tad here Moshe
Bit hard playing in a comp that hadn't been formed yet.
And we had to go back 100 years to find someone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Sydney Blue wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Jack Worrall - never played VFL, won 5 premierships as a coach - 3 with Carlton, 2 with Essendon***. History isn't your thing either.

So....
Footy...... X
Logic...... X
History... X

Jack Worrel played for Fitzroy as a rover and captianed them to a flag in the VFA before the formation of the VFL

Yes, you're right. So , braithy is correct then.

NO MAN WHO HADNT PLAYED VFL/AFL HAD EVER COACHED A PREMIERSHIP TEAM!!!

........ except some who have, but that's ok cos like there's a reason, so I'll keep saying NONE and EVER and EVA!! (cos, you know, there's a reason for it).

BTW, Bolton coached an AFL premiership team..... in Tassie. Yep, he did. I mean, bit hard coaching an AFL team in a state that doesn't have one...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

moshe25 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Jack Worrall - never played VFL, won 5 premierships as a coach - 3 with Carlton, 2 with Essendon**. History isn't your thing either.

So....
Footy...... X
Logic...... X
History... X

wow. one person in a hundred years. you're not clutching very hard at straws are you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hmmm
We are going to need another stack of bleachers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Braithy wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Jack Worrall - never played VFL, won 5 premierships as a coach - 3 with Carlton, 2 with Essendon***. History isn't your thing either.

So....
Footy...... X
Logic...... X
History... X

wow. one person in a hundred years. you're not clutching very hard at straws are you.
Stop changing the @#$%&! goal posts. You said NONE. I, without even looking too hard, found one, who mind you won FIVE premierships with 2 clubs, just in the first two decades. I don't know if there are more, but you don't pay me enough to do your research for you. Do it yourself.... BEFORE you make outlandish absolute statements.

A couple of IMOs and "I think"s wouldn't go astray either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Jack Worrall - never played VFL, won 5 premierships as a coach - 3 with Carlton, 2 with Essendon****. History isn't your thing either.

So....
Footy...... X
Logic...... X
History... X

Yes, you're right. So , braithy is correct then.

NO MAN WHO HADNT PLAYED VFL/AFL HAD EVER COACHED A PREMIERSHIP TEAM!!!

........ except some who have, but that's ok cos like there's a reason, so I'll keep saying NONE and EVER and EVA!! (cos, you know, there's a reason for it).

BTW, Bolton coached an AFL premiership team..... in Tassie. Yep, he did. I mean, bit hard coaching an AFL team in a state that doesn't have one...

How could Worrell play VFL or AFL when they didn't exist.
At the time the highest form of Australian Rules football was the VFA.
Lets say Bolton has never played at the highest level available at the time.
Worrell did.
You are totally wrong on this

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

moshe isn't taking our great game's history very well at all.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Andrew McKay officially stepping down at the end of the season

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 174  Next