Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:06 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 19389
Location: Bondi Beach
rhino27 wrote:
Don't know where else to put this and couldn't be stuffed starting a 2022 fixture thread, but looks like AFL are considering screwing us out of the season opener.
Lets see if Sayers or anyone within the club have anything to say about it.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/12/01/ ... ason-2022/

I have no real issue with the season opener being the grand final rematch, but all the other "special" games need to be shared too. Filth and cheats shouldn't have a mortgage on ANZAC Day.
Filth and Dees should not be automatically entitled to Queen's Birthday game and dreamtime at the G game should also be shared.
North def not entitled to Good Friday game every year either.



:thumbsup:

All those teams want to play Carlton anyway...their opponents are just fill ins....imho.

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:36 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 16535
That's the one bonus of the floating fixture. If we can start winning games, we'll soon be featuring on Friday nights etc. The previous full years fixture locked you out for 12 months based on your previous years form.
It's up to the players to earn representation.

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:44 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:26 am
Posts: 7776
Location: Melbourne
Until we’re much better, pass on Friday night.

Sick of having entire weekends ruined by an abysmal showing Friday night….

_________________
Everything before the word "but" is horseshit - J Snow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:08 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 2059
Makes Mondays tolerable though!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:02 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm
Posts: 7975
Opener officially Wed night as a grand final rematch.

Truthfully, I reckon it makes zero difference.

When 22 blokes in Navy blue rock up week after week ready to rip throats and we put teams to the sword, nobody will care if it's Friday night at the G or Sunday arvo at Etihad.

There's only one Saturday that matters.

_________________
Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano. Fortem posce animum mortis terrore carentem, qui spatium vitae extremum inter munera ponat naturae, qui ferre queat quoscumque labores.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:10 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 4478
robertbb wrote:
Opener officially Wed night as a grand final rematch.

Truthfully, I reckon it makes zero difference.

When 22 blokes in Navy blue rock up week after week ready to rip throats and we put teams to the sword, nobody will care if it's Friday night at the G or Sunday arvo at Etihad.

There's only one Saturday that matters.


Spot on . Best thing i have read on here for a while .

P S ...........hey Robbie , that King Kerna bloke is a mate of yours i believe . Better go check on him mate coz i think the bloke is turning into a fruit loop . He all of a sudden don't like our theme song can you believe . Mate go check him out coz he is normally very good reading but something aint right when you post that sorta stuff .

_________________
All my dangerous friends


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:09 am 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 9635
Location: Melbourne
Collingwood and St Kilda get Friday night.... OK then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:39 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 2883
Looming as a tough start to the season. Hope Vossy and the boys are on the ball. Don't want to be going into round 3 with an 0-2 record:

A club source said it was likely that either Melbourne or the Western Bulldogs would play Carlton or Richmond on the following Thursday night to open round two.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:44 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 29049
Location: riding shotgun on Agros Karma Train
Mickstar wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Opener officially Wed night as a grand final rematch.

Truthfully, I reckon it makes zero difference.

When 22 blokes in Navy blue rock up week after week ready to rip throats and we put teams to the sword, nobody will care if it's Friday night at the G or Sunday arvo at Etihad.

There's only one Saturday that matters.


Spot on . Best thing i have read on here for a while .

P S ...........hey Robbie , that King Kerna bloke is a mate of yours i believe . Better go check on him mate coz i think the bloke is turning into a fruit loop . He all of a sudden don't like our theme song can you believe . Mate go check him out coz he is normally very good reading but something aint right when you post that sorta stuff .
Thanks for your concerns Mick.
Perhaps if I heard it more frequently I'd be happier

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

_________________
Between our dreams and actions lies this world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:23 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 5207
Location: Bridge, Starship Enterprise
kingkerna wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Opener officially Wed night as a grand final rematch.

Truthfully, I reckon it makes zero difference.

When 22 blokes in Navy blue rock up week after week ready to rip throats and we put teams to the sword, nobody will care if it's Friday night at the G or Sunday arvo at Etihad.

There's only one Saturday that matters.


Spot on . Best thing i have read on here for a while .

P S ...........hey Robbie , that King Kerna bloke is a mate of yours i believe . Better go check on him mate coz i think the bloke is turning into a fruit loop . He all of a sudden don't like our theme song can you believe . Mate go check him out coz he is normally very good reading but something aint right when you post that sorta stuff .
Thanks for your concerns Mick.
Perhaps if I heard it more frequently I'd be happier

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk


Okay King, you're a fruit loop. Happy now.

_________________
"Get ready, Teddy - you're on": Ron Barassi half time 1970 Grand Final


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:28 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 30034
Location: Half back flank
I'm pretty sure there's an AGM tonight

CBF digging through my emails to find it. Can anyone confirm?

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:43 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12702
CK95 wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's an AGM tonight

CBF digging through my emails to find it. Can anyone confirm?

The only email I could find mentions it being on Tuesday.
The email was dated Feb 17th so I assume it was held on Tuesday this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:19 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 19389
Location: Bondi Beach
CK95 wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's an AGM tonight

CBF digging through my emails to find it. Can anyone confirm?



I think its been and gone.
Everybody on the same side.
No controversial cards.

One big happy Navy Blue Family, as we have to be to win Finals. :wink:

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:33 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 30034
Location: Half back flank
Ah OK. Cheers kezza & bondi

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:37 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 23278
Location: Kaloyasena
Didn’t that Richard chap get up and ask when are they going to put that bar in where everyone can go to after the game and have a drink?


:lol:

_________________
"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill


Message to “you know who you are” - my name is not Chris or Carrot and I’ve been happily married for 31 years and still going strong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:52 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 7168
Thank God for Sayers intervention halfway through last season
What a metamorphosis throughout the club
Strong decisive leadership by Sayers not shirking the hard issues

Absolutely the right call


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:07 am 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 30034
Location: Half back flank
I wish Walsh hadn't gone & got himself banned :lol:

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:36 am 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:32 am
Posts: 9366
frank dardew wrote:
Thank God for Sayers intervention halfway through last season
What a metamorphosis throughout the club
Strong decisive leadership by Sayers not shirking the hard issues

Absolutely the right call


:clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:53 am 
Offline
John James

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm
Posts: 691
frank dardew wrote:
Thank God for Sayers intervention halfway through last season
What a metamorphosis throughout the club
Strong decisive leadership by Sayers not shirking the hard issues

Absolutely the right call


its fast proving to be a master stroke.

sliding door moments as well - not getting clarko ...

feels like this is the best position the club has been in for 20 years. On and Off the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 3:59 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 7168
Bloody oath it was took on all the hand wringing and opprobrium from the fourth estate personally and a few in here
Shook this club upon a manner not done since the Blues chased Ronald Dale
A Carlton hero in my view


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Phoenix and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group