Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:29 am 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
woof wrote:
So you need to have a skill set of being able to run a multi million dollar business to be a competent director of football ?

Well clearly having experience being a friendly neighborhood financial planner hasn’t worked.

Do you hate financial planners in general or that particular one specifically?

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

moshe25 wrote:
bmaurizio wrote:
We'll if we can't get it right with two of the greats of the competion steering the ship we may as well give up.
Two exemplerly club men driven hard working former champions and a good coach things are looking good.
Exciting times ahead, liking the changes on and off field, success will come again.

With respect, that's crap.

Essendon** also did this in 2012. Hird and Thompson, 2 former greats, driven champions, etc, etc.

I'm not saying he's no good. It's just that he's only ever proved himself in ONE arena, and it doesn't have much to do with running a multi-million dollar enterprise.
It's more him overlooking our list management portfolio that has me really excited.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Lace Out wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
bmaurizio wrote:
We'll if we can't get it right with two of the greats of the competion steering the ship we may as well give up.
Two exemplerly club men driven hard working former champions and a good coach things are looking good.
Exciting times ahead, liking the changes on and off field, success will come again.

With respect, that's crap.

Essendon*** also did this in 2012. Hird and Thompson, 2 former greats, driven champions, etc, etc.

I'm not saying he's no good. It's just that he's only ever proved himself in ONE arena, and it doesn't have much to do with running a multi-million dollar enterprise.
It's more him overlooking our list management portfolio that has me really excited.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Consummate professional and champion of the club , a great choice, we'll see things changing for the better a little faster in the football department.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Only proved himself in one arena?? Never heard of jaggard?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/987186319225794560

Oh geez....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/987186319225794560

Oh geez....

Tweet has been deleted - any clues?

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:49 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

nothing exciting, just showing Scott Morrison guest speaker at the Carlton IN Business function

funny they deleted it :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Scomo now viewed by both sides of politics as a worse treasurer than Hockey.

That's quite an accomplishment .

And, like his clown mates, he campaigned against a banking RC for his entire time in govt.

Why our club would want to degrade it's already tarnished rep by promoting this economic simpleton is staggering .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Can anyone summarise the MLG chat with The Hun today ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:

Yep ! basically aint changing course.Gonna stick it out till we achieve what we set out to do no deviation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Thanks Mick.

He did the right thing communicating through the print media. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:

Rexy, even though the article is behind a paywall I was able to view it via the link on Superfooty's Twitter. Maybe give that a try.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blueboy74 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Rexy, even though the article is behind a paywall I was able to view it via the link on Superfooty's Twitter. Maybe give that a try.

Cheers 74 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Nothing really new there, but I’m glad he’s staying on message and has avoided tv/radio.
(Even Bruce “dial a quote for the Hun” Mathieson is on message too).

What interested me was that some of MLG’s words match what a BF poster previously alleged he mentioned to him over the weekend.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-56318712

[quote=“The Toad”]
I was lucky enough to have a good chat with our Pres on Saturday arvo and he was quite forthcoming.
- The club will have around $1.5 mill to spend on players.
- The club knew this would be a shite year as "The first time all the youth would be coming together on the field"
- They expect next year to be similar. ( I think regarding the amount of younglings on the field, not performance))
- Stated that we will get a big name free agent. In his words, "Don't worry about the what the media says, the big names WILL come, the GWS players will come, the Gold Coast players will come, the big names WILL come don't worry about that".
- The club is extremly pissed at Saturdays effort "Just not good enough, Carlton doesn't serve that crap up"
- Was really good to talk to and was quite open and honest (I hope) Iasked if there were any particular players they were targeting and he repied "we are looking at every uncontracted player"
[/quote]

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:42 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
Nothing really new there, but I’m glad he’s staying on message and has avoided tv/radio.
(Even Bruce “dial a quote for the Hun” Mathieson is on message too).

What interested me was that some of MLG’s words match what a BF poster previously alleged he mentioned to him over the weekend.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-56318712

[quote=“The Toad”]
I was lucky enough to have a good chat with our Pres on Saturday arvo and he was quite forthcoming.
- The club will have around $1.5 mill to spend on players.
- The club knew this would be a shite year as "The first time all the youth would be coming together on the field"
- They expect next year to be similar. ( I think regarding the amount of younglings on the field, not performance))
- Stated that we will get a big name free agent. In his words, "Don't worry about the what the media says, the big names WILL come, the GWS players will come, the Gold Coast players will come, the big names WILL come don't worry about that".
- The club is extremly pissed at Saturdays effort "Just not good enough, Carlton doesn't serve that crap up"
- Was really good to talk to and was quite open and honest (I hope) Iasked if there were any particular players they were targeting and he repied "we are looking at every uncontracted player"
[/quote]

'The toad' isn't just some club lackey is he...?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:

this falls at Bolton's feet.

I'm sure in among all the internal planning and forecasts, not one single person at the club forecast we'd only have one win until now with a 60 percentage.

i can't think of one single coach right now that survived a 60 percentage on the ladder??

so instead of questioning any of this, instead of proceeding with any kind of caution. CFC blindly hand bolton a 2-year extension. it's madness.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:04 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dean Bailey - 2008, 62%, finished 2011
Matthew Primus - 2011, 61%, finished 2012
Guy McKenna - 2012, 62%, finished 2014
Kevin Sheedy - 2012, 45%, finished 2013
Alan Richardson - 2014, 61% - current
John Worsfold - 2016, 60% - current

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jesus sheedy at 45% huh? wowee. that was his final year coaching, yeah? and worsfold is a stretch. coaching a drugged reduced team under penalties.

everyone else on that list proves my point. coaches with that 60% on the table are not the kinds you want running your club.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Braithy wrote:
jesus sheedy at 45% huh? wowee. that was his final year coaching, yeah? and worsfold is a stretch. coaching a drugged reduced team under penalties.

everyone else on that list proves my point. coaches with that 60% on the table are not the kinds you want running your club.

Not saying they are good, bad or indifferent just that they survived another year after finishing with those %'s, which was your original point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

The only decent part about MLG's low media profile is that is giving Gerard Whateley the shits. :lol:

I agree with Rexy's comment above, too, that MLG is best placed to do his media work in print media. Obviously MLG is not a great public speaker, but I do think it is important that he's out there selling the club to its members.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 174  Next