Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

One of the biggest mistakes the people running this club as been making over and over.. is overlooking their biggest asset.
The supporters..
They have been treating this club like their very own asset.... but with the added benefit of being unaccountable . Case in point the whole Ratten/ Malthouse scenario.
They should have paid for Ratten out of their own pockets....

They shirk responsibility but take on the responsibility of running this club like a personal trophy

fascinating stuff

so i wanna know what this guys philosophies going forward will be.. and how he intends to be accountable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Synbad wrote:
OR you might snigger at Tiger supporters just as they sniggered at Melbourne supporters before that.
Thats all because they were as we are run by trippers...
Wont be long till we act like Tiger supporters and Tiger supporters hit the snow....

Dont be so highbrow....

This club is getting ground into the dust......

People dont need to take it without being cynical and asking for a plan from a guy whos known months he is next president and has a Carlton youth tank group to help him...

instead of having a go at people here .. try to understand this club need transparency and policies.

Or is he in management mode... just keep this thing going steady but because we need to make a
sacrifice Sticks cops it but we get more of the same??

Hey Synners,

Not having a go at anyone on here & as long as there's blood pumping through my viens I'll laugh at Tigers supporters :smile: , nonetheless, surely the "President elect" needs to show respect to the incumbent?? How the @#$%&! do you reckon you get a chance to be considered for presidency without a level of discretion??.?

Time will tell, I'll put my money on him to deliver.

You've been calling for Sticks to step down for months, it's happened, let's give the new guy a go OR roll the dice a launch a ticket to challenge?

Cheers
OR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

These people running family businesses are not accountable....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

When does he take over?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:20 pm 
Robert Walls

Pay your memberships each year, go to as many games as you can,

Follow the path to mediocrity in silence...

The club is a corporate toy now....members mind your own business, shut the @#$%&! up.

Wally O'cock would be spinning in his grave

Last edited by Cretylus on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Synbad wrote:
These people running family businesses are not accountable....

:smile: not even to their family?
:wink:

Last edited by Ockham's Razor on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Synbad wrote:
OR you might snigger at Tiger supporters just as they sniggered at Melbourne supporters before that.
Thats all because they were as we are run by trippers...
Wont be long till we act like Tiger supporters and Tiger supporters hit the snow....

Dont be so highbrow....

This club is getting ground into the dust......

People dont need to take it without being cynical and asking for a plan from a guy whos known months he is next president and has a Carlton youth tank group to help him...

instead of having a go at people here .. try to understand this club need transparency and policies.

Or is he in management mode... just keep this thing going steady but because we need to make a
sacrifice Sticks cops it but we get more of the same??

Hey Synners,

Not having a go at anyone on here & as long as there's blood pumping through my viens I'll laugh at Tigers supporters :smile: , nonetheless, surely the "President elect" needs to show respect to the incumbent?? How the @#$%&! do you reckon you get a chance to be considered for presidency without a level of discretion??.?

Time will tell, I'll put my money on him to deliver.

You've been calling for Sticks to step down for months, it's happened, let's give the new guy a go OR roll the dice a launch a ticket to challenge?

Cheers
OR

I agree, he needs to defer to the actual president, and not be seen to be taking the wind from his sails in the twilight of his term, or undermining his potential legacy.

So the fault doesn't lie with MLG, I'll give him that, but within the club, that someone in the communications department (here we go again) hasn't thought through a strategy of getting the incumbent, or even both of them if Trainor was neck and neck for a while, known to members and supporters and presenting a vision of how they will take Sticks' legacy and build on that to restore Carlton to greatness on field and off. Blind Freddy could see that would also help to return some members to the club, and turn some supporters into members.

Win/win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Synbad wrote:
One of the biggest mistakes the people running this club as been making over and over.. is overlooking their biggest asset.
The supporters..

That's it, really.

Its a sad and unfortunate reality, but the Carlton Football Club in its current guise does not really care about its supporters. Or at least thats how it seems from the outside looking in.

It cares exclusively about kissing arse and pandering to anyone with a modicum of exposure or celebrity or, worst of all, money.

Fans shouldn't be content with being kept at arms reach, especially when they themselves are pouring not insignificant amounts of money into the club.

We have a president we didn't elect, from a board we didn't elect.

I hope the Juice does a good job, but agree with Synbad he'd do well to get on the front foot and establish a discourse with the common Carlton supporter sooner rather than later.

We used to be so good

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

So till June the club is in a holding pattern.....

i see.......

There is a fundaMental problem with this footy club.

If this club is really going into a holding pattern until the whistle blows for a change of shift... this club is in the proverbial deeper than i think... (not really)... but you get the drift.

Answer me this.. will this club ever make me feel good again..???. i mean for an extended period...

Actually im not worried about if it does or not.. im just sad about for the kids.. and their "who is he dad... who is that guy who used to be our president?" when people talk about Sticks....

history stands still for noone..... or nothing.

Youre either making things happen.., or youre not...!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

MLG will do well to connect with the rank & file supporters - doesn't need a title to do this. In fact, any of the board members could do this, but choose not to. Not likely to happen, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Synbad wrote:
So till June the club is in a holding pattern.....

i see.......

There is a fundaMental problem with this footy club.

If this club is really going into a holding pattern until the whistle blows for a change of shift... this club is in the proverbial deeper than i think... (not really)... but you get the drift.

Answer me this.. will this club ever make me feel good again..???. i mean for an extended period...

Actually im not worried about if it does or not.. im just sad about for the kids.. and their "who is he dad... who is that guy who used to be our president?" when people talk about Sticks....

history stands still for noone..... or nothing.

Youre either making things happen.., or youre not...!!!

Agree, we're going forward so there's no turning back :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

These guys arrogantly and disrespectfully bypass the members and then expect them to hail the new leader ...?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:25 pm 
Robert Walls

Rexy wrote:
These guys arrogantly and disrespectfully bypass the members and then expect them to hail the new leader ...?

We live in a Corpocracy Rexy.

One of the 3 pillars of fascism to emerge out of the 20th century (the other two being Bolshevism and Nazism).

The Malthouse experiment is their last roll of the dice...

If it doesn't come off, there will be a revolution...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:59 am 
Bruce Doull

there will be no revolution.....lol
revolutions are for those that know what to do...
were frozen by the fear of the debt...

the malthouse experiment has nothing to do with their roll of the dice... they can bring in hinkley next time

youre over dramatizing whats going on

they have the club by the short and curleys

sticks has been dragged up to the alter and had his throat slashed..

now you have to wait a couple of years to see is mark LM is any good or not....

But there still is the debt and the pokies and the visy sponsorship....plus more white knights around the corner..
some will come as players
others will come as coaches or ceos...

but for years thats been the pattern... meanwhile the club is in a holding pattern.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Oh and Cretylus once your pick for coach has been sacked at Melbourne for being worse than Malthouse.. we can run off and get him for you....

Dont forget...... we should have got Roos.... he was the one you hedged your bet on.

You see... sometimes... its more than a coach... its an environment.. and once youve been in the environment of mediocrity for a while its hard to wash that stench off...
ask Richmond.

You need to cut.. and cut deep!!!.. and thats not just coach and players...

its everybody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:22 am 
Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
You see... sometimes... its more than a coach... its an environment.. and once youve been in the environment of mediocrity for a while its hard to wash that stench off...
ask Richmond.

You need to cut.. and cut deep!!!.. and thats not just coach and players...

its everybody

Well said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:36 am 
Stephen Kernahan

we have always been at war with eastasia.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 am 
Bruce Doull

Heavs wrote:
we have always been at war with eastasia.

:clap: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

In pokies we trust!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:45 pm 
Robert Walls

Guys,
relax,
step back, have a frothy,
let Sticks have his farewell tour.

It's all about sticks.
All Hail the Prez.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 174  Next